Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anybody know what's happened to WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT: THE CORPSE-MAKERS?

Aside from the obvious of "it's Francavilla"?

We had Dynamite saying this would be a five-issue series written and drawn by Francavilla. But then,
    * Issue #1 was originally solicited for January 18th but didn't ship until sometime in February? (My store didn't get any copies and is trying to see if it can.)
    * Issue #2 was originally due out February 15th but didn't get released until March 22nd.
    * Issue #3 was suppose to have "ON SALE DATE: 3/22/2017", but that was pushed first into April and now seems uncertain as to when it will be available? (NOTE: Previewsworld currently has a date of "Jun 28, 2017" / ComicList has it down as "TBD" (to be determined?))

By the way, Previewsworld now has "In Shops: May 17, 2017" / ComicList still has it down as "TBD".

Is anybody else buying (or was planning to buy) this series?

I only just found out Francavilla was doing a Sprit story. I'll definitely pick up the trade, 'cause that seems like a match made in heaven. I mean, the story could be crap and it'll still be worth it just seeing that guy draw that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I only just found out Francavilla was doing a Sprit story. I'll definitely pick up the trade . . .
    If there is a trade.
    We've got to wait until they actually publish the remaining issues first.

You know how people always say that we need to buy single issues to show our support, but its really hard to continue doing that when we get messes like this. And most unfortunate that it looks like every second project by Francavilla is plagued by this.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, Previewsworld now has "In Shops: May 17, 2017" / ComicList still has it down as "TBD".
    As of the "Dynamite Entertainment Extended Forecast for 04/26/2017", both Previewsworld and ComicList now have issue #3 as due out on May 17th.
    (So, we'll see if that actually happens this time.)

By the way, issue #4 (originally due on April 26th) is listed on both Previewsworld and ComicList as due out on May 31st at present. Not sure how likely that is, though, unless the delays have been more Dynamite's fault than Francavilla's.

And at last check, it looks like issues #4 and #5 are now delayed indefinitely?

Well, #4 (originally due out April 26th?) did finally get published (about five months late!), but #5 (originally suppose to be available June 28th, 2017) still seems to be in limbo.

Previewsworld has had it listed as "In Shops: Dec 27, 2017", but since that's the last Wednesday in 2017, that's not a definite. (More like a place for them to stick it until Dynamite says something else.)

I love that dude's art, but he really needs to figure his shit out. I mean, he works crazy hours, well in to the night, but he's also drawing all manner of shit that isn't his super late books and posting it on twitter all the time.

I dunno, between this and Afterlife with Archie (which isn't even his fault, it seems) I have a hard time wanting to buy his books in single issues anymore.

And, I'm not even a guy that is really bothered by delays, generally. But, when you have time for all kinds of other projects, then it bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I love that dude's art, but he really needs to figure his shit out. I mean, he works crazy hours, well in to the night, but he's also drawing all manner of shit that isn't his super late books and posting it on twitter all the time.

I dunno, between this and Afterlife with Archie (which isn't even his fault, it seems) I have a hard time wanting to buy his books in single issues anymore.
    And don't forget Black Beetle: Necrologue.

Originally solicited for October 2013.

Previewsworld still has issue #5 listed as "In Shops: Dec 27, 2017", and over at ComicList the "Dynamite Entertainment Extended Forecast for 11/22/2017" has the date for issue #5 as "TBD".

Previewsworld still has issue #5 listed as "In Shops: Dec 27, 2017", . . .
    Now that we're that much closer to December 27th, Previewsworld has bumped the "In Shops" date out to . . . Jun 27, 2018?!?!?

Previewsworld now has issue #5 listed as "In Shops: Jan 24, 2018", and over at ComicList, the "extended forecast" listings still have issue #5 as "TBD".

Previewsworld now has issue #5 listed as "In Shops: Jan 24, 2018", and over at ComicList, the "extended forecast" listings still have issue #5 as "TBD".
    Now the January 24th date is looking even more likely since the "extended forecast" listings at ComicList for 01/03/2018 also have the "01/24/18" date now!

Now the January 24th date is looking even more likely since the "extended forecast" listings at ComicList for 01/03/2018 also have the "01/24/18" date now!
    Just to make things even more interesting, Previewsworld has bumped the date up to "In Shops: Jan 17, 2018"!

I'm so confused!!!