Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm gonna miss him. But best of luck for with your own stories, Greg!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am disappointed, but it's been an excellent year of stories, and basically two years worth of them!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

What else is he doing nowadays?

I'm almost crying. Such a beautiful letter, and I wish him all the best, but Wondie's future is hanging on thin rope now. OH, DESTINY, PLEASE BRING US A GOOD ONE.

Anyway. Thanks, Greg, for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What else is he doing nowadays?
    He is working on Lazarus, if I'm not mistaken, as well as working in a Rogue One story.

Ugh, absolutely gutted... and frightened, honestly. Who knows what direction the next writer will take the character? Obviously it could be a great new direction, but I'm not too optimistic.

I hope Liam Sharp and Bilquis Evely stay on the book, though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Damn. But at least the run is being finished the way he planned it, and he's getting back to the other projects that definitely need his attention. Black Magick can't be delayed any longer.

*prays that Seeley is the replacement*

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Who will replace him? I would like Tim Seeley on the book but he is already writing Nightwing, which double ships, so I don't now if he would take on another book like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I hope Liam Sharp and Bilquis Evely stay on the book, though.
    Liam Sharp signed a exclusive with DC a little while ago, so it's definitely possible.

I look forward to hearing the new creative team. I'll be giving #26 a try, unless of course they completely botch the transition like last time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Liam Sharp confirmed confirmed on his Twitter he is leaving the book also. But said his next DC book doesn't stray too far from WW, so I'm curious what that will be.

I hope Jimenez or Seeley are the replacement *crosses fingers*

When do we find out the new creative team?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Awwww! Dang it!

Oh, well. At least he's ending it on his terms. Now, we just have to hope that whoever comes after him A) is good, B) has no intention of throwing out everything he established previously, and C) will continue that Rebirth mission from Johns: "Bring her back to her core."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Who will replace him? I would like Tim Seeley on the book but he is already writing Nightwing, which double ships, so I don't now if he would take on another book like that.
    True, but I don't think Seeley has as much on his plate as Rucka does (Black Magick, Lazarus, Old Guard, Stumptown, etc.). At least as far as I know, Nightwing is the only ongoing he's working on currently. Revival ended recently. I'd like to think this Steve Trevor one shot he's doing is an indication of something.

Ahhh balls. This is probably the "best case scenario" for him leaving that we could expect -- finish out the story, wrap it all up nice for the next writer, gtfo while the going's good -- but still. Balls. I'd hoped for at least two years! The sales certainly support a longer tenure than a single year, though I guess technically it's already been two years' worth of issues.

Well I hope they start hammering out that Frank Cho deal while the going's good!
    Or hey, maybe they'll really throw us a bone here and unleash The Finches 2: Finch More.

(ok seriously though maybe we can still get that Marguerite Bennett run that was rumored a while back)