Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men Gold #2 preview

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...-x-men-gold-2/

Good to see Logan continue the tradition of jobbing out on page one.

They should remove him from teams if that is what he is being used for.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Nice, if Amara is being brainwashed she isnt acting like it she seems lucid

Variant cover looks totally awesome
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

To hurt Wolverine was always the easiest way to show how mega dangerous new villains are.

Well jobbing isn't entirely new to Logan. I hate it when they do that though.

BANNED

I LOVE IT!!!. Although I guess your right on the Jobbing Logan. I mean he did a lot better when he took that Inhuman Infernos attacks got back up and attacked him. But maybe the degree or power is different here IDK.
    I like the subtle jokes we got here makes me smile. I to would like to know what is T.F.S

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

TFS, anyone has an idea what Kitty means by that?

I love the variant cover of Adi Granov. I wish he would become a regular artist of this (or another) X-book.

Magma does not seem brainwashed, considering the way she talks. maybe influenced.

Now, I hope if New Pyro and New Avalanche are indeed (as BleedingCool suggested) Firefist and Rictor, that it will be revealed soon. Same for the green monster speculated to be Rackus of the Acolytes.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    To hurt Wolverine was always the easiest way to show how mega dangerous new villains are.
    Amara isn't new, but her new attitude seems to be. Logan, like other characters with a healing factor, are a victim to their powers. Marvel editorial must think it's cool to showcase their healing ability at every turn or something. Take Deadpool for example, in his beginnings he never got beat up and maimed like he does now and that was because he wasn't known for his extremely powerful healing ability. Laura may not have it as bad as Logan or Wade, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that she's a young female. Even still, she probably takes more on page damage than any other female in the MU because of her powers... bullet to the head, losing an arm, etc. Characters with healing factors are just damage magnets. It's annoying, but it is what it is.

Also, the writer got Logan's dialogue all wrong... it's flamin' not flaming.

Good. Magma should handily kick Logan's ass. She can create volcanoes and rupture cities and Logan's healing factor is diminished. So even if they both went all out, Amara would take the cake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Amara isn't new, but her new attitude seems to be. Logan, like other characters with a healing factor, are a victim to their powers. Marvel editorial must think it's cool to showcase their healing ability at every turn or something. Take Deadpool for example, in his beginnings he never got beat up and maimed like he does now and that was because he wasn't known for his extremely powerful healing ability. Laura may not have it as bad as Logan or Wade, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that she's a young female. Even still, she probably takes more on page damage than any other female in the MU because of her powers... bullet to the head, losing an arm, etc. Characters with healing factors are just damage magnets. It's annoying, but it is what it is.
    Frankly, it doesn't make sense that characters with healing factors wouldn't protect themselves. Even if they CAN heal, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell. Or that injuries can still be debilitating. Wade and Laura have both been temporarily KO'ed plenty of times (broken bones, shot in the head, etc.) in spite of their healing abilities. Thank GOD Taylor's trying to at least address it with Laura's new costume incorporating body armor (and her new mask is a hard-shell helmet, not just a floppy cowl). But I'm sure that will get forgotten outside her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Frankly, it doesn't make sense that characters with healing factors wouldn't protect themselves. Even if they CAN heal, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell. Or that injuries can still be debilitating. Wade and Laura have both been temporarily KO'ed plenty of times (broken bones, shot in the head, etc.) in spite of their healing abilities. Thank GOD Taylor's trying to at least address it with Laura's new costume incorporating body armor (and her new mask is a hard-shell helmet, not just a floppy cowl). But I'm sure that will get forgotten outside her own book.
    Logan had an armored suit before he died, maybe they should put OML in that getup instead of the old duster he's wearing... especially since his healing isn't as good as the original Logan. Also, Logan's mask was also shown to be a helmet before everybody starting drawing it as cowl so you're probably right about that.

Well I'd say in Logan's case having lived so long and been hurt god knows how many times, his tolerance for pain is pretty high. So he doesn't really need armor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well I'd say in Logan's case having lived so long and been hurt god knows how many times, his tolerance for pain is pretty high. So he doesn't really need armor.
    Pain tolerance doesn't factor into the argument. His adamantium skeleton preventing him from breaking bones, having limbs severed, or taking a bullet to the brain pan are FAR more significant. Whereas we've seen Laura, Wade, Daken, and even Creed temporarily put out of action by the same injuries.

Also, there ARE weapons that can circumvent healing factors (carbonadium bullets, the Muramasa blade, etc). Pain tolerance ain't going to help there.

Pain tolerance doesn't factor into the argument. His adamantium skeleton preventing him from breaking bones, having limbs severed, or taking a bullet to the brain pan are FAR more significant. Whereas we've seen Laura, Wade, Daken, and even Creed temporarily put out of action by the same injuries.

Also, there ARE weapons that can circumvent healing factors (carbonadium bullets, the Muramasa blade, etc). Pain tolerance ain't going to help there.
    He didn't have that Adamantium skeleton all his life. He's probably went through all those things you listed before he even got Adamantium and more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    He didn't have that Adamantium skeleton all his life. He's probably went through all those things you listed before he even got Adamantium and more.
    You're still missing my point.