Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed this.

Okay then. Judging by the comments there saying it was good. I'm going to buy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    So now that X-Men Blue is out what did everyone think?

I personally loved it. The art was great (though Molina draws them a little too cartoony) and the writing even better. The team's interactions were on point, and it had the right amount of nostalgia without being too heavy handed.

What I liked:
    • Jean as Leader
    • Beast and Cyclops' disagreement
    • The fight with Juggernaut was classic and well executed
    • Magento's supposed goal

I'm really curious what Magneto has up his sleeve and why Jean would want to work with him? He seems to publically want to take out various threats and comrades led astray. There are pics of M, Emma, Sebastian Shaw. Cant wait to see where this leads.

Also the glimpse of things forthcoming include:
    • Encounter with the Wolverine character
    • Facing off against old school Gen X
    • Rematch with the Future Brotherhood
    • An ominous looking Xavier

Thank goodness this comes out biweekly!
    Wow, you nailed it. I have the same exact likes. I even like Jean's hair cut. The preview we got of her new look I didn't like but the way shes drawn in panel is quite cute. I am also quite happy this is biweekly. I'm pretty excited about this after reading the first issue. Which is surprising because I've not been a fan of the time displaced O5.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This was a lot better than Gold.
    I think thats because it didn't feel like it was still carrying baggage from the recent storylines. Team Blue just jumped straight into a classic xmen fight that was well executed and had witty dialogue and good art. I've never been much of a fan of the teen O5 but Brunn can write and I like the artwork so color me interested.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 04-12-2017 at 01:36 PM.

I enjoyed the heck out of this. The chemistry between the 05 is perfect. And I enjoyed Warren in this. That never happens!

And I'm very intrigued by the story between Magneto and this 05 group, as he's giving indications that they're sort of a non-lethal X-Force. What is his ultimate goal? What motivates the 05 to join him? I want to know these things!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The REAL Generation X!!!
    Attachment 47978
    So I got Jubilee, Sync, Skin, and Chamber (yeah to all), but who's the guy in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    So I got Jubilee, Sync, Skin, and Chamber (yeah to all), but who's the guy in the back?
    Mondo. I always loved Mondo.
    Most minor of minor gripes: Chamber was speaking, not speaking telepathically.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I enjoyed the heck out of this. The chemistry between the 05 is perfect. And I enjoyed Warren in this. That never happens!

And I'm very intrigued by the story between Magneto and this 05 group, as he's giving indications that they're sort of a non-lethal X-Force. What is his ultimate goal? What motivates the 05 to join him? I want to know these things!

I think the guy in the back is Mondo?

how is it that i love little beast so much and hate his old fleabag counterpart so passionately?

I think bunn is trying to write them like true time displaced characters... with cyclops calliing hipsters hippies and icetwink saying pity's sake.it gave me a laugh.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Mondo. I always loved Mondo.
    Most minor of minor gripes: Chamber was speaking, not speaking telepathically.
    Ah, thanks. Forgot about him.

And Scott might be my favorite of the issue. His unwavering beleagueredness is so true.

Capture.JPG

Also love how they thought they beat Juggs through a sheer pratfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think bunn is trying to write them like true time displaced characters... with cyclops calliing hipsters hippies and icetwink saying pity's sake.it gave me a laugh.
    That and Scott's nostalgia for barbershops (which are still around actually). Right perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If you like it why not add to the pull list
    I'm tempted, but I'm trying to trim my pull list and an extra 2 books a month is quite an ask! I'll probably get it in back issues.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved this.

For me, the highlights were the following:

Team Dynamic. I thought that Bunn did a wonderful job with the way the O5 interacted with one another. It was lighthearted, but not cheesy, and still serious. I also think this is the most enjoyable it's been in a long time to read about Hank McCoy.

Cyclops. I really enjoyed Scott in this. I know it still played up the not liking his future self, but I thought he was both funny and endearing. I also liked that while he wasn't officially in charge, he still had a commanding presence about him.

Art. For the most part, I loved the style Molina is bringing to this series. I even thought that Jean's hair surprisingly worked really well under his pen. However, I don't like the way he draws Angel. Something about his face felt off to me.

Jean Grey. I LOVE Bunn's Jean. Still not excited at the prospect of love triangles, but his Jean was dynamic, witty, and felt like a combination of BMB's Jean and the Jean we know and love.

That things to come in the end has me even more excited. Generation X, The future Brotherhood, and that creepy Xavier, all have me wondering what all is about to go down in this series. Very happy that its bimonthly (even if my bank isn't).

Marvel did it. Bunn made me LOVE THE 05. I never thought it would be possible. Even little Beast! They all play off each other so well! My favorite book in ages. So much fun.

BANNED

So did they actually touch on the departure of Evan, Idie, and Laura? Or did the absence of three of their teammates go unremaked upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So did they actually touch on the departure of Evan, Idie, and Laura? Or did the absence of three of their teammates go unremaked upon?
    Not a word, though the importance of this original lineup was stressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'