Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Gotta love the difference between rich and poor/regular 616 humans. The poor/regular ones are angry to have been saved by mutants... while the rich ones are quite pleased, even knowing the names of mutants and posing for pictures with them while letting Iceboi touch them.

The dialogue here was funny, esp. the Kitty/Wanda joke.
    "You saved my money!"
    xb4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

What exactly is going on with Beast's magic? Is he a full fledged spellcaster now?

And is it just me or are they trying to push the idea that these aren't the original 616 teen X-Men? Maybe Beast diverged their timeline when he went back, which is why they can't go back to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So did they actually touch on the departure of Evan, Idie, and Laura? Or did the absence of three of their teammates go unremaked upon?
    I can understand the desire to have on panel reasons why they aren't a part of the team anymore, but discussing it in this issue would have been really out of place.

I think if that was going to happen it should have been in xmen prime.

I kinda thought the anxm finale hinted at it. Warren talked about Laura doing her own thing now and Idie and Evan seemed happy to just go back to being students. (Sure this isn't explicit reasoning for leaving the team but at least there's an implication on panel).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    What exactly is going on with Beast's magic? Is he a full fledged spellcaster now?

And is it just me or are they trying to push the idea that these aren't the original 616 teen X-Men? Maybe Beast diverged their timeline when he went back, which is why they can't go back to the past.
    I don't know, but Young Beast is the best character out of the 05 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post

This was somewhat addressed in anxm volume 2 finale.

It seems the timeline has corrected itself so these characters have more freedom to do what they want in the present without worry of timeline damage. However the question of "why" is supposedly something bunn still intends to explore further.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I can understand the desire to have on panel reasons why they aren't a part of the team anymore, but discussing it in this issue would have been really out of place.
    I kinda thought the anxm finale hinted at it. Warren talked about Laura doing her own thing now and Idie and Evan seemed happy to just go back to being students. (Sure this isn't explicit reasoning for leaving the team but at least there's an implication on panel).
    Exactly. Their departures were dealt with already.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I was running with the finale and those small drops. I figure Idie and Evan both went back to school and Laura is off being Laura.

Fantastic Member

Most X-Men that go into limbo usually don't get a proper explanation anyways.

Haven't got the issue yet, but judging but what's posted, the dialogue seems really great.

This was somewhat addressed in anxm volume 2 finale.
    It seems the timeline has corrected itself so these characters have more freedom to do what they want in the present without worry of timeline damage. However the question of "why" is supposedly something bunn still intends to explore further.
    The ANXM finale made me think the O5 aren't from the past of the current MCU, hence why they'll be teaming up with a reject/refugee Wolverine from another reality. They're from another reality, one they said is now probably without X-Men. Perhaps the Xavier in the preview is their Xavier coming to find them.

Didn't think I could dislike Cyvlops anymore and agree with Beast. These aren't even the same characters anymore they're just generic teens with similar power sets.

BANNED

Wolverine's Son Officially Joins The X-Men

“I’m really excited to see this character become part of the team,” Senior Editor Mark Paniccia tells ComicBook.com in a statement. “Aside from the fact that he is a kindred spirit…displaced as the Original X-Men are…he’ll also feed into some themes X-Men fans are very familiar with. Like the original Wolverine, Jimmy doesn’t remember his past. And like the original Wolverine, he’s going to find a certain red head very attractive. Will this cause problems with Cyclops? Heheh. Just have to wait and see.”

I really wish they just said that after coming to the present/future they created a different timeline(where they are missing), since in the original 616 one that never happened and then became alternate versions. It's just how I always interpreted time-travel logic.

Wolverine murdered all of his children bar Daken. So he's meant to be the perfect Wolverine child I guess?

Fantastic Member

Never read Jimmy Hudson. Did he and Ultimate Jean ever interact?

He looks like Sabretooth with Wolverine claws.

Oh, look. Banshee with claws.