Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I thought the reason the OG5 can't go back anymore is because that 616 universe doesn't exist anymore... They arrived before secret wars II so... Now a new universe is created.. so they are stuck here... euhm... no that is probably wrong thinking... otherwise that whole Captain America was brainwashed long time ago stick can't be true also...ah damm I'm confused again

Can somebody explain this in a simpe way to me?

The O5 and Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post
    I thought the reason the OG5 can't go back anymore is because that 616 universe doesn't exist anymore... They arrived before secret wars II so... Now a new universe is created.. so they are stuck here... euhm... no that is probably wrong thinking... otherwise that whole Captain America was brainwashed long time ago stick can't be true also...ah damm I'm confused again

They can go back. They did in ANX v2. The problem is there was already teen versions of them there as if they never left. For them to stay would possibly cause a potential time anomaly so they came back to present

I was going to buy it tomorrow :-) but I kinda know the whole issue already

So! they are making the whole team look like the team back in the days! but all the characters are from different realities?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Wolverine's is more convoluted to be honest, primarily bc i think Scott's is easy to follow and most of his stuff have been used in bigger stories and books that most are familiar with.
    And it's mostly Summer/Grey so there's more consistency.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Anyone else not crazy about Juggernaut was written?

Rank 6 of 10.

I still prefer Gold but Bunn sure knows what he's doing.

Funny and good action scenes but who's out of the last years of the X-mens will find it difficult to understand how we have O5 young.

Beast using magic tricks is different and troubling at the same time (let's be honest magic has a price).

Magneto guiding them is interesting and creates a good premise but we know that at one time or another it will come back to bite them in the butt as always is the price you pay for joining Magneto.

It seems that Emma and Monet are part of the team's targets. Well I'm not surprised but it still bothers me the situation with Emma as a villain and Magneto is the last person who could accuse Emma of anything.

I just hope we do not have many scenes with Cyclops complaining about Emma or the older Cyclops version can not stand it anymore.

And what do they intend to do when they find Emma? Kill her or deliver her to Shield?

I just want to see when they have to thank Emma for saving their skin on SE .
    Last edited by Knives; 04-12-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Can't wait til they actually add another female to the team (or two actually).

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how is it that i love little beast so much and hate his old fleabag counterpart so passionately?
    The characters are written very differently. Old beast has too much angst. Teen beast seems far more happy. In fact, team blue's tone just far more upbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think bunn is trying to write them like true time displaced characters... with cyclops calliing hipsters hippies and icetwink saying pity's sake.it gave me a laugh.
    As he says in the editors notes, Bunn wants to write this book, in part, as a call back to classic xmen stories. The original xmen comics sound pretty cheesy nowadays but hey, they are from the 60s. I don't think that this will continue throughout the book but it was a nice touch that made me laugh.

Its like we finally got a writer on the xmen books that actually understands why we love the xmen.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 04-12-2017 at 01:45 PM.

It was okay, but I just can't get into the O5 and I'm still mostly sad Bunn is on this kind of book. The series is basically exactly like we all thought it would be, same with Gold, but unlike Gold this is about atl characters and I just can't find myself getting invested. Maybe if Bunn tries to fix some of the awful things IvX did, like with Emma, then I'll try to pick it back up, but I think this is a good jumping off point. Although I'm not a fan of Beast doing magic. That just seems really wrong.

Also no surprise the Wolverine we all saw on the covers was Jimmy Hudson. The impending Scott/Jean/Jimmy love triangle is another reason I want to jump off now too I think, lol.

Amazing Member

Never been a huge fan of the O5. But I am a fan of Cullen Bunn, and as I've suspected for months, he'd make something good with the O5 and he did. Good on Bunn!

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The O5 and Jimmy

They can go back. They did in ANX v2. The problem is there was already teen versions of them there as if they never left. For them to stay would possibly cause a potential time anomaly so they came back to present
    Oh yeah, I forgot that they met before! So they'll know him, but he won't know them....that's going to be interesting....

They already went back?? What issue was that?

X-Men:Blue was perfect: beautiful art, great writing and some exciting things to come. Molina's art on A-Force made him one of my favorites and Cullen Bunn was so killer on the recent Uncanny X-Men. This book hit all the right notes and I was in my comic book shop grinning from ear to ear after reading it. I can't wait to see what happens with Emma, M, The future Brotherhood and OLD SCHOOL GENERATION X! THIS is what an X-Men book should be!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how is it that i love little beast so much and hate his old fleabag counterpart so passionately?
    I feel EXACTLY the same way! And now that he's using magic, I love O5 Beast even more.

This is a really dumb complaint, but I hate that they gave Jimmy Logan's hairstyle. Just let him have normal hair...

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post

That's how I see it too. Meaning they are the 616 versions. But no risk of doing timeline damage.

Until bunn elaborates we don't really know if they are completely alt universe, original 616, or something else. And given that time travel isn't real I don't think any theory we come Up with is out the window. It's basically whatever the writer says.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?