Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wendigos. Sentinels. The X-books all seem to be tapping into the same aspects of nostalgia at the same time. Geez, editorial.
    Haha. So much nostalgia here. Especially in OML, Logan is wearing his original costume, AND the Hulk is there too. OML is time-jumping, only the good parts A.K.A. "nostalgia". (It's Jeen fault ) I'm Joking 99.99%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Haha. So much nostalgia here. Especially in OML, Logan is wearing his original costume, AND the Hulk is there too. OML is time-jumping, only the good parts A.K.A. "nostalgia". (It's Jeen fault ) I'm Joking 99.99%.
    Not to mention you have a Wolverine in half the X-books. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not to mention you have a Wolverine in half the X-books. :-P
    That's true. Why stop there lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Now that they confirmed that the wolverine in question is James Hudson the son of the wolverine from the now dead ultimate universe I'd really like to see him run into kitty pryde since he and kitty kinda had a relationship back in the ultimate universe.
    He has memory loss, so he won't remember her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He has memory loss, so he won't remember her.
    I'm sure Marvel Editorial does, too. I'll be INCREDIBLY surprised if the O5 actually remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Now that they confirmed that the wolverine in question is James Hudson the son of the wolverine from the now dead ultimate universe I'd really like to see him run into kitty pryde since he and kitty kinda had a relationship back in the ultimate universe.
    He doesn't remember the Ultimate Universe so he won't remember his Kitty. The only characters I see him actually having a meaningful exchange with would be Old Man Logan and X-23.

I'm sure Marvel Editorial does, too. I'll be INCREDIBLY surprised if the O5 actually remember him.
    It's Bunn. He'll probably know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Bunn does care about continuity though.

I really enjoyed the issue, but the soon to be inclusion of Jimmy is a BIG turn off for me. We'll see I guess.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't talking about the Gen X reveal. Not only does it seem Bunn will be able to include Monet in future arcs but a (past??) version of Generation X (plus Mondo) kids seem to be facing off against the O5. This could end up bringing huge developments in the Gen X book. Would be so cool if Synch and Skin both from the Prime MU's past because if anyone deserved to be resurrected, it's those two.

So, right now, measuring the quality of the RessurXiOn X-books so far:

X-Men Blue >>> X-Men Gold > Weapon X

I think I'm only ranking Blue above Gold because I don't want to admit how much I actually liked Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I liked Gold more than I like to admit, so I'm really pretty happy about the double shipping too.
    Yeah....this

Fantastic Member

Just read the issue. Solid first issue.

The good:

Teamwork. Everyone seemed to be present during the fight scenes and had a role. Bunn seems to be capable of juggling multiple characters, which has been a problem with other writers in recent years.

Art. Glad we got Molina. A bit cartoon-y at times but not a game buster. His Juggernaut spread in particular was nice.

Jean as leader was done well. A little exposition-y with the dialogue, but Bunn doesn't seem to be pushing a "greatest leader evah" narrative.

Magneto. I know he had little screen time, but I'm glad he's included in the book. He adds a little bit of gravitas that I think is needed to counteract some of the lighthearted tone of the book. And we already know Bunn takes him seriously, so that's a plus.

Not great:

Not feeling Magic Beast. I don't like magic in X-Men in general. Just way too open ended as far as abilities is concerned, IMO. Sending Juggernaut to Siberia seemed a bit Deus Ex.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    • Facing off against old school Gen X
    The REAL Generation X? As in Synch and Skin are finally back after their BS deaths?

Some time travel shenanigans or brought to the current time?

I actually thought the most interesting thing about the issue was magic Beast. It's the one thing that is a stark difference from his annoying counterpart. Although I thought Juggernaut was re-imbued completely with his Juggernaut powers, he should have his magical spells back as well as forcefield.

O5 Beast hasn't seen Sorcerer Supreme Beast from Endangered Species, he'd realise his fate is sealed regardless of which reality he was in as all of Beasts counterparts lived through the same thing.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-12-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Well, I'm kind of new to Marvel and the X-books in general, and I decided that this book as a good as a starting point as anywhere, and I enjoyed it a lot! The O5 are super fun. I was reading X-Men since the first issue by Stan/Kirby because I didn't know where to start, but this more modern take is more fitting for me .

I hate AU characters but you could actually see how adding Ruby Summers to the cast would shake up Cyclops faith his future.