Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Zdarsky talks Spectacular with CBR

http://www.cbr.com/interview-spectac...darsky-marvel/

Very nice, I'm very much in favor of all I hear. Kubert's pages look incredible, I just wish they didn't goof up the costume, but oh well.

BANNED

Kubert's art looks smashing, and good to see Peter and Johnny hang out (though..Johnny, ditch the Inhuman wardrobe, considering Medusa''s already ditched your ass)

Not sure how I'll feel about the MJ reunion given the comments about New Yorkers being irritatated with Peter...but the amount of material with married MJ dwarfs the off-base version these days, so I'll probably let this slip and let Chip play with what Slott set up

I think this title is gonna be all sorts of amazeballs. I think we are way ovedue for a book like this and, while I am trying not to get too amped up about it, I can't help it!

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Looks cool! Great to see that Johnny will be used, I really dig his friendship with Peter. I'm a bit excited for this book, must admit. Heh

"Spider-Man and New York go together like Tony Stark and fighting his friends." Heh. I don't read a lot of interviews from Zdarsky, but he sure knows how to makes them entertaining .

Kubert's art looks great .

I like what I'm hearing from Zdarsky here. He seems to have a good, well-rounded, understanding of the character and I'm eager to see how successful he is in capturing the classic, fun, Spider-Man feel with this book.

The Bugle! Yes! And Jonah's apparently a part-time employee there now. That's going to be fun to see play out .

Shocker and Tinkerer are probably likely as the other villains who will show up in this run, for synergy. I just hope Black Cat doesn't pop up...

I wonder if Tinkerer might be the "mastermind" who's been planning something since Peter became Spider-Man?

I'm kind of "eh" on multiple guest-stars in the book. Not that I don't mind seeing Spidey bounce off other Marvel heroes, provided it's handled well, but with all the guest heroes constantly popping up in ASM it would've been nice to have a book that's strictly solo Spidey. Though I guess there's still that PS4 game...

I wonder if the "figure from Peter's past" is the Ned Leeds clone? And I'm guessing "Spidey on a date" means Spidey, not Peter, on a date with Rebecca London.

BANNED

Super pumped for this. I do think it was smart of Marvel to give the satellite books a rest but the time has definitely come for them to return!

This looks like a lot of fun. Kubert's art is stunning and Zdarsky seems to have a great handle on Peter and what a Spidey book should be.

If this does well enough, I hope Web makes a comeback too!

"Again, no spoilers, but I got to put Vulture in the FCBD book, which was a thrill for me as I have an unhealthy fixation on senior citizen heroes and villains."

This is so true. In HTD, he had Aunt May play a pretty big role. In Starlord, he has this geriatric guy being a main character and even trying to be a superhero.

But this mag sounds incredible. Going to buy every issue.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This title is gonna kick so much ass. My one real wish is I hope it is a good long time (never would be nice) before it crosses over with ASM or any other title. Honestly, I hope Zdarsky just does his thing here and Slott does his over in ASM like the ASM and SSM titles did back in the '70's and early '80's.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    This title is gonna kick so much ass. My one real wish is I hope it is a good long time (never would be nice) before it crosses over with ASM or any other title. Honestly, I hope Zdarsky just does his thing here and Slott does his over in ASM like the ASM and SSM titles did back in the '70's and early '80's.
    I think that probably depends on how long before we get another Spider-Family event, though they might take a longer break between them after Clone Conspiracy kinda turned into a dud.

But between this and ASM, it would be nice to think we might always have at least one book starring Peter that might not get thrown into an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that probably depends on how long before we get another Spider-Family event, though they might take a longer break between them after Clone Conspiracy kinda turned into a dud.

But between this and ASM, it would be nice to think we might always have at least one book starring Peter that might not get thrown into an event.

Yeah, and I am also thinking there is talk about Marvel going more "meat and potatoes" in 2018 and even bringing back the original numbering (again) for their long-running titles so that may bode well to get them off the near-constant big crossover event drug that they have been revving on the past decade plus.

I wonder if that woman Spidey saves from those thugs is supposed to be the new love interest, Rebecca London?

BANNED

Well we still don't know whether Slott or Zrdarsky will be involved with Venomverse, though I suspect ASM will tackle the brunt of that while Spectacular gives us traditional stories

And what of this apparent villainous masterplan that has been in motion since Peter's origin story?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-14-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well we still don't know whether Slott or Zrdarsky will be involved with Venomverse, though I suspect ASM will tackle the brunt of that while Spectacular gives us traditional stories

And what of this apparent villainous masterplan that has been in motion since Peter's origin story?
    I assumed Costa would be headlining it since he's writing the Venom book.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The art looks great and I'm excited about the story. I'll be getting this.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Kubert's art looks smashing, and good to see Peter and Johnny hang out (though..Johnny, ditch the Inhuman wardrobe, considering Medusa''s already ditched your ass)
    I don't see why they need to change it. So what if it's a New Attilan design. Johnny is an Avenger and solo hero now, not a member of the Fantastic Four. And Avengers don't wear a common uniform like the FF or certain X-Men teams do. So until the FF return, his current costume is fine. Of course if he does decide to change it he doesn't have to look far for a designer (Wasp is on his Avengers team after all).