BANNED

Default So a Primarch actually came back into current Warhammer 40k

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Primarch

If you are not aware of alot of the 30k background lore, the Primarchs were the 20 genetically engineered "sons" of the Emperor, who became leaders of the space marine legions..Their gene seed was used to produce the Space Marines...They were much stronger, faster, smarter than your average space marine

well The Horus Heresy happens...10,000 years before current 40k setting, where half the primarchs betray The Emperor, while half of them remain loyalists. alot of the traitor primarchs eventually became Daemon Princes, while the survivng loyalists primarchs went missing

They became stuff of legend to the Imperium until now

Robute Guilliman,Primarch of the Ultramarines considered the greatest genius of the Primarhcs has returned...He returned to become Lord Commander of the Imperium

Hmm...always figured Lion El'Jonson would be the one to come back if GW ever went there. Pretty interesting either way. I love the WH/WH40K lore so I'm glad to see it moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Hmm...always figured Lion El'Jonson would be the one to come back if GW ever went there. Pretty interesting either way. I love the WH/WH40K lore so I'm glad to see it moving forward.
    Baby steps, it's enough they're doing something new like this without expecting Games Workshop to actually go with someone other than ultraPapasmurf. There's honestly a couple other loyalist Primarchs who they could bring back, Johnson's one, sleeping somewhere deep in Caliban's rubble, Leman Russ,Vulkan, and Jaghatai Khan all went off on various quests, etc. In fact the only ones I'd say you could write off completely are the confirmed dead ones, like Rogal Dorn, Sanguinius, and Ferrus Manus
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-12-2017 at 07:23 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Baby steps, it's enough they're doing something new like this without expecting Games Workshop to actually go with someone other than ultraPapasmurf. There's honestly a couple other loyalist Primarchs who they could bring back, Johnson's one, sleeping somewhere deep in Caliban's rubble, Leman Russ,Vulkan, and Jaghatai Khan all went off on various quests, etc. In fact the only ones I'd say you could write off completely are the confirmed dead ones, like Rogal Dorn, Sanguinius, and Ferrus Manus
    TTS emps is not gonna be happy at this.

BANNED

Roboute is the best strategist out of the loyalists primarchs still around

Lion and Russ are cool and all, but i don't think they would have the same effect on the Imperium in their return that Roboute has

This should change things quite a bit I imagine. I find it all quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    It could still happen. The rumor is that two more loyalist primarchs are coming back, alongside an equal number of traitor primarchs (they just brought Magnus back into the storyline in a big way and Mortarion is next).

There's also a rumor that one or more of the returning primarchs is going to be switching sides.

So is GW getting ready to move the series towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So is GW getting ready to move the series towards the end?
    Nah, they've explicitly said this isn't an "End Times" scenario (in the FAQ for the new edition), but they are going to be moving the setting forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It could still happen. The rumor is that two more loyalist primarchs are coming back, alongside an equal number of traitor primarchs (they just brought Magnus back into the storyline in a big way and Mortarion is next).

There's also a rumor that one or more of the returning primarchs is going to be switching sides.
    Because of ITEHATTSD I keep forgetting Magnus is a villain