View Poll Results: Who is the best hero individually?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain America(Steve Rogers)

19 55.88%
  • Spider-Man(Peter Parker)

15 44.12%
    BANNED

Default Whos a better hero individually?

In inspiration

Personality

Backround

Achivements

Beliefs

Context

Overall.

Mighty Member

I'm going to vote Parker on the basis that post-Brubaker Cap is really disappointing, and I don't mean Hydra Cap. I mean Hickman. He's going to spend the end of the world warring with other heroes instead of trying to come up with his own solution, while doing nothing about Thanos and Namor out there doing the thing he's supposed to be fighting against, and at the very end of it all he and Tony are fighting it out. There's a difference between standing up for a cause, and being petty, and Cap crosses that line a few too many times me thinks. I generally don't consider Steve to be as self-righteous as a lot of people suggest he is, but those people all have their reasons and more times than not those reasons are pretty valid.

Ultimately it comes down to this, Steve is fighting for ideals. Peter is fighting for people. Both are important, but when push comes to shove I think fighting for people is the more heroic way to go about it, because not everyone shares your ideals, and there are circumstances like in Hickman's Avengers in which you can sit there and fight for your ideals and screw people over in the process, no matter how good, noble, or right those ideals may be.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 05-04-2017 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

Hail Hydra!

The one that isn't currently a Nazi.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

In inspiration: Cap, I don't think it's even debatable. Hell Spidey looks up to Cap.

Personality: Spider-Man. Steve Rogers USED to have a personality, I haven't seen much of one for years now. I mean Steve used to have a regular job, went out on normal dates, was friends with regular people in his apartment building, etc....Once that was gone all that was left was Cap 24/7.

Backround: Toss up, they both have pretty good back stories.

Achivements: Toss up. I mean both have at least had a hand in saving the universe a few times.

Beliefs: I don't think their beliefs are too different really.

Context: Not sure what you mean here.

Overall. Apples and Oranges? Tough to say, both are great characters.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 05-04-2017 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Wow cap is winning! I wonder if i put this thread in the spidey sub forum we would see a different result.