Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Guardians Of The Galaxy #19 (Finale) Spoilers/Discussion

Since I noticed no one else made this a topic, decided to make one myself. After this very all over-the-place run from Bendis, I do have to say personally, at least it ends on a pretty entertaining and enjoyable way.

Here's a summary of what occurred:
    -Annihilus and The Brood Queen approach Thanos about eliminating Earth for good, Thanos instead wants to conquer it, they accept his deal.
    -Peter & Rocket talk with Carol about finding a way off the planet when she lets them know about a SHIELD junkyard with spaceship parts
    -Meanwhile, Kitty talks with Ben about her relationship struggles, Ben says that sometimes, it's the cost of being us, and she tells him she's staying with the X-Men. During this conversation, the alien forces invade, which is also being observed by Groot (still in Central Park), and Flash Thompson applying for a new job.
    -Thanos sends a message over the planet about his plans to eliminate the Guardians and starts attacking the SHIELD helicarrier.
    -Rocket gets Captain Marvel to bring him to the junkyard to build a ship while Peter leads the SHIELD agents to fight Thanos personally. Drax jumps in prematurely and is almost instantly knocked out
    -As Peter finds himself outmatched, he receives backup from Groot and Venom who proceed to fight him the best they can.
    -They receive further assistance from Kitty who phases Thanos through the helicarrier, to be completely knocked to the ground by Thing.
    -Meanwhile, the alien forces plan to blow up Earth anyway with Thanos on it, Angela reveals to have taken command of the Brood Queen's armada and forces the rest to flee, just as Rocket arrives with a completed ship.
    -The Guardians have Thanos surrounded, only to be surprised by Gamora. She hesitates for a bit, but decides to be the better woman and not kill him, letting the other Guardians do the beating.
    -Thanos is once again in custody of the Nova corps, and the characters all say goodbye to each other as the Guardians head on their ship back into the galaxy. Peter & Kitty also have their reconciliation/goodbye hug.
    -The Guardians fly off into whatever lies in the future, while Annihilus says maybe they should just leave Earth alone.

Had some good comedic bits, wonderful art work with the almost non-stop action, and felt like a very satisfying conclusion.

That was fun.

Not necessarily Thanos best showing, and some of the bad guys were maybe a little out of character ... but overall it was a nice finish to Bendis run. It's a good one and done.

I think Bendis is fine when he's writing original characters, but when it's established characters, oftentimes it just feels wrong. I rolled my eyes when Thanos said "People of Earth! Hi!" as he began his invasion speech to Earth.

wait a minute there..

in Thanos book he is sick and looking for cure. how he have time to invade earth ?. and custody in Nova Corps? last time I know Thanos in Shi'ar secret prison
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Quote Originally Posted by Revoirver2 View Post
    wait a minute there..

in Thanos book he is sick and looking for cure. how he have time to invade earth ?. and custody in Nova Corps? last time I know Thanos in Shi'ar secret prison
    I'm pretty sure this story took place before Thanos# 1 in the scheme of things.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Revoirver2;2744448]wait a minute there..

in Thanos book he is sick and looking for cure. how he have time to invade earth ?. and custody in Nova Corps? last time I know Thanos in Shi'ar secret prison[/QUOTE

Bendis has never given a crap about continuity (or characterization for that matter), he's a freaking joke who pisses on everything he touches.

Mighty Member

After everything that has happened, I cannot imagine either Annihilus or Thanos ever working together again. Not to mention Annihilus is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think Bendis is fine when he's writing original characters, but when it's established characters, oftentimes it just feels wrong. I rolled my eyes when Thanos said "People of Earth! Hi!" as he began his invasion speech to Earth.
    This...this right here was the single most stupid thing i have ever seen, i mean forget what Bendis did at the end of his run on X-men, this topped that!

I mean in the mini series we got a dying Thanos kicking ass and taking names against the Imperial Guard, murdering his own father and laying waste to anyone who stands in his way while in search of a cure... and then here he is reduced to mediocrity of the highest levels.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Hopefully this'll be the last time bendis is going to be writing Carol Danvers going forward he ruined his chances with civil war ii.

This was super fun, but as always Bendis took several giant shits on continuity. At this point is kinda fun, tho.
    I feel like the Nova Corps showing up out of nowhere was a big "screw you" to all those fans who claim Bendis never read anything GotG related before starting his run LOL.
    I'm not super excited about Duggan's run tho.
    Personally, i loved his run, I completely love his Rocket and this was a great ending for that.

Panel of the month y'all!
    rocket.jpg
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This...this right here was the single most stupid thing i have ever seen, i mean forget what Bendis did at the end of his run on X-men, this topped that!

I mean in the mini series we got a dying Thanos kicking ass and taking names against the Imperial Guard, murdering his own father and laying waste to anyone who stands in his way while in search of a cure... and then here he is reduced to mediocrity of the highest levels.
    Thanos is not a mini series......it is an ongoing series.
    I 100% agree with you though.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-12-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

...Your big final fight with Thanos is off Panel.... You done f@*^ed it up! Really this was lame it was get the Guardians all together and just end it, this is how you end your series. The continuity alone is enough to make someone rage. NOVAS! This is either a massive spoiler or, writer and editor not caring and need to be fired. This should have seen how Venom and, Flash get separated, how do we get from here to the Thanos series. Also on a side note how come it is becoming a trend in comics with our heroes crying that there aren't any heroes around to help them out. The only pro is the art.

At least his run is finally over, I wish Bendis all the best, have fun writing Miles Morales and the Defenders and all his other stuff. I hope they never let him near another space title again. Now that Richie's back and Duggan's taking over Guardians cosmic marvel might start being worthwhile again.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    At least his run is finally over, I wish Bendis all the best, have fun writing Miles Morales and the Defenders and all his other stuff. I hope they never let him near another space title again. Now that Richie's back and Duggan's taking over Guardians cosmic marvel might start being worthwhile again.
    True good riddance to Bendis though with the art I am seeing for the All New Guardians of the Galaxy I am waiting for appearances from Micky Mouse and Donald Duck

This was probably one of the worst comics I've read in some time. Bendis really phoned it in on this one. Straight amateur hour issue. If I were Jim Starlin, I would call Bendis just to curse him out. He's horribly written so many of the characters he helped to create. Duggan doesn't have to do much to write a better GOTG after this nonsense. If Bendis gets to write Thanos again it'd be too soon. It baffles me how he continues to get such high profile books writing such superficial drivel.