Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So just out of curiosity...Novas. When did the Nova Corps come back? I could've sworn it was still just down to Sam and Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So just out of curiosity...Novas. When did the Nova Corps come back? I could've sworn it was still just down to Sam and Richard.
    Exactly what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Thanks for ruining the Nova series Bendis!!

Let's see:

-Thanos: currently has his own series where he's dying. He's also been portrayed as an antagonist hooking up with Hela in the Unworthy Thor series. Before this he was help prisoner for some time in the Raft (Ultimates 2). Does Bendis do anything to explain his whereabouts and the rationale for his actions in this issue?

-Annhilus: Not sure where he was (ruling the negative zone as usual I suppose) but last time he tag teamed with Thanos he was betrayed by the mad titan in the end. So him seeking Thanos out for an alliance makes loads of sense in Bendisverse.

-Novas: In the current nova series the worldmind (the engine powering all the novas) is in cancerverse and has been currupted by the chtonic entities who rule the place. Also no one bothered to ever explain what happened to the Nova Corps after Thanos Imperative. Suddenly, out of the blue they show up uncurrupted. Clearly Bendis cares for current storylines by other Marvel writers.

TL; DR: Bendis doing as he always does, being disrespectful and breaking characterization and continuity, showing he doesn't care about anything but doing his own thing. Sooner or later Marvel will realize he actually creates more problems thanks to the damage he causes to the shared universe they own than what his jimmicky issues produce in short term sales.
    Last edited by Haquim; 04-13-2017 at 01:47 AM.

What if Bendis has spoiled us future issues of the Nova series?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Let's see:

-Thanos: currently has his own series where he's dying. He's also been portrayed as an antagonist hooking up with Hela in the Unworthy Thor series. Before this he was help prisoner for some time in the Raft (Ultimates 2). Does Bendis do anything to explain his whereabouts and the rationale for his actions in this issue?

-Annhilus: Not sure where he was (ruling the negative zone as usual I suppose) but last time he tag teamed with Thanos he was betrayed by the mad titan in the end. So him seeking Thanos out for an alliance makes loads of sense in Bendisverse.

-Novas: In the current nova series the worldmind (the engine powering all the novas) is in cancerverse and has been currupted by the chtonic entities who rule the place. Also no one bothered to ever explain what happened to the Nova Corps after Thanos Imperative. Suddenly, out of the blue they show up uncurrupted. Clearly Bendis cares for current storylines by other Marvel writers.

TL; DR: Bendis doing as he always does, being disrespectful and breaking characterization and continuity, showing he doesn't care about anything but doing his own thing. Sooner or later Marvel will realize he actually creates more problems thanks to the damage he causes to the shared universe they own than what his jimmicky issues produce in short term sales.
    It's not just thanos lol.... kitty left the guardians after civil war ii off panel and broke up with Peter off panel as well it was annoying.

Bendis is the worst writer to ever. Characterisation and continuity are just a few things he has no clue about.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    What if Bendis has spoiled us future issues of the Nova series?
    Lol. It's way more likely he just decided to use the nova corps because doing it was what he thought suited "his story" best.
    It will be up to better less selfish and inconsiderate writers to fix the problem and find a way to explain this beyond "it was Bendis' story".

P.S.

There's no way editors didn't see what was happening here. This just proves Marvel allows Bendis to do whatever he wants without concern for other authors or for the shared universe.

iMan 42s

In regards to the Nova corps, considering that editors had to look at this it is intentional and whether somebody picks up the plot thread or not is there own buisness. However what baffles me is that Bendis just brought the Nova corps back in the process of leaving GOTG and yet people are complaining?

As far as Thanos appearing this probably occurs sometime before Thanos#1, that simple.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    True good riddance to Bendis though with the art I am seeing for the All New Guardians of the Galaxy I am waiting for appearances from Micky Mouse and Donald Duck
    Nah, Mickey and Donald are doing their own thing at IDW. The disney comics are actually pretty good, way better than I thought they would be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Uh, wasn't he reborn and is now some sort of "teenage Annihilus"? Or did I dream up that storyline in a fever dream?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    In regards to the Nova corps, considering that editors had to look at this it is intentional and whether somebody picks up the plot thread or not is there own buisness. However what baffles me is that Bendis just brought the Nova corps back in the process of leaving GOTG and yet people are complaining?

As far as Thanos appearing this probably occurs sometime before Thanos#1, that simple.
    I think more to the point of what other poster have put is that he spoiled the Nova series (which blows out the water anything Bendis is doing currently) and the possible outcome of the story after the next arc. I don't think that's fair to what the creators in that series are doing but Bendis apparently gets the carte blanche treatment at Marvel

Bendis is shiiit, "Nuff Said".

This was a great comic book to show how utterly incompetent Bendis is when he is writing Guardians... In the end where he is writing 2 pages about his life and all he compares it to Star Wars. Oh well...
    There is exactly ONE good thing about this book: BENDIS IS FINALLY GONE!!!

Just take a minute and compare this Guardians run to the run from 2008 - 2010. They are worlds apart in storytelling, writing, character development and even looking at the art it was so much better...
    Even the run from 2013-2015 that was nothing near as good as the previous was so much better in quality than the one from Bendis.

So why was this book another completely idiotic, moronic desaster?

1. Bendis ignores continuity and character treats completely. He does not care about the overall marvel universe and that's what I hate most about his Guardians run.

2. Thanos and Annihilus seem to be best pals... why? Because Bendis.

3. Suddenly we have a beach full of spaceships in Indonesia? Why? Because Bendis... This graveyard of ships just happens to be there now, oh god.

4. Since when is Ben a Guardian again? I thought he quit?

5. Thanos invades earth with that gigantic army of ships (which looked so cheesy and stupid) and he said: "PEOPLE OF EARTH! HI!" Oh my f... god. THANOS said that??!?! This line alone destroyed the entiry issue!

6. Suddenly the Guardians are all best pals again? Flash Thompson is Venom again? And they all show up, just to look good and throw a punch

7. The final battle with Thanos is off panel. It is off panel... Oh god Bendis I hate you so much.

8. The NOVA CORPS??!!! Sam is one of the last Novas out there, Worldmind is in Cancerverse and Rich is/was sort of back. But the Nova corps just comes by and arrests Thanos as if they were never wiped out? Oh no this is no spoiler, this is just Bendis being Bendis.

9. The way Thanos is shown here is just disrespectful to the character. Look at Thanos in his ongoing series, THAT is Thanos the Mad Titan, not this fake Bendis one in Guardians...

10. Overall this book is exactly the same as the whole run: It is stupid, cheesy, moronic and disrespectful to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Bendis completely ignores how the characters are supposed to behave and he ignores the overall continuity again and again.

The next run can only be better than this disaster and I am so happy that Bendis finally moves on. Please, don't ever write a big event or team book again. Just stick to what you are good at.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    The next run can only be better than this disaster and I am so happy that Bendis finally moves on. Please, don't ever write a big event or team book again. Just stick to what you are good at.
    One of these days your gonna open up and tell us how you really feel.

As for the Nova CORPS that was the biggest BS of the whole book and that "HI" was sickening. How are the CORPS running with out Worldmind? I'm Loving how people are thinking this is before such and such and after such and such, No it just Bendis crapping on other peoples work (I really don't think he reads them) and a complete lack of an editor with a back bone stop him. I don't even think he is reading his own books Ben is in his Iron Doom book last I saw him, now bam hes a Guardian again.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting