Default Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible omnibus editions

These are excellent. Do you think they'll exclude the flash back stories from the series that are being included in Abe Sapien Vol 9: Lost Lives and Other Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    These are excellent. Do you think they'll exclude the flash back stories from the series that are being included in Abe Sapien Vol 9: Lost Lives and Other Stories?
    Volumes 1, 2, and 9 of the trades will be collected together at a later date.

All-New Member

At last some love for the Abe. Just glad that 1+2 haven't been completely forgotten.

Then on to Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson.
    It just hit me, could Darkhorse maybe be thinking about publishing some of the non-hardcovers (B.P.R.D. Vampire and Being Human, Sledgehammer 44, Frankenstein Underground, Rise of the Black Flame and The Visitor) as "companion" omnibuses. I really do not want to have paperbacks mixed in with my hardcovers, and they don't really lend themselves to single hardcovers.

Amazing Member

IIRC, somebody at some point said something about Dark Horse putting out a "secret histories" omnibus with visitor, sledgehammer, black flame, and Frankenstein. Like, as something that was actually going to happen and is planned.

I articulated that very poorly.

All-New Member

Well then I am not alone with the idea.
    I hate the idea of having stories not collected together in an even matter.

That is why i really hate the fact that they made Hellboy in Mexico as a standalone paperback. Collecting previously uncollected stories as well as the the hardcover House of the Living Dead and Hellboy in Mexico (or A Drunken Blur) that was already released in a Library Edition 6. Thematically it makes sense to collect the mexico stories as one book, and a hardcover would not really do as it would be to small (and since the meat of the book is already out in HC form).
    I just hope that we won't be missing any stories in hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasborg View Post
    Well then I am not alone with the idea.
    I hate the idea of having stories not collected together in an even matter.

That is why i really hate the fact that they made Hellboy in Mexico as a standalone paperback. Collecting previously uncollected stories as well as the the hardcover House of the Living Dead and Hellboy in Mexico (or A Drunken Blur) that was already released in a Library Edition 6. Thematically it makes sense to collect the mexico stories as one book, and a hardcover would not really do as it would be to small (and since the meat of the book is already out in HC form).
    I just hope that we won't be missing any stories in hardcovers.
    I figure the uncollected Mexico stories along with the Hellboy OGNs will likely be collected in a library edition when enough material has accumulated. Still, that'd be a long way off if it happens at all.

All-New Member

God I hope that they will be collected. I take it that Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. will be collected at some point. but as a library edition or as omnibus.

All-New Member

If they end up doing a volume 3, collecting trades 1, 2 & 9, I hope they include the 2 Abe stories from the first BPRD trade. I know they are in the first BPRD hardcover too but feel they belong in an Abe book.

Same goes for Lobster Johnson if he gets hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasborg View Post
    God I hope that they will be collected. I take it that Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. will be collected at some point. but as a library edition or as omnibus.
    Most likely omnibuses, but I doubt we'll be seeing them any time soon.