Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

The head canon that he wears different costumes whenever he feels like works for the individual. Just annoying that in reality it is lack of communication.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The head canon that he wears different costumes whenever he feels like works for the individual. Just annoying that in reality it is lack of communication.
    Yeah it's annoying. I think the decision to clearly show Supes wearing the trunks in his past was a last minute decision. All the material in the solicits seemed to indicate that his current suit was going to be his new " Classic" baseline suit. It's not that huge of a deal in the larger scheme of things but it is really annoying.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Reborn was actually being interesting until the whole nonsense switch between Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois becoming the New 52 versions. Then the pre-Flashpoint versions in blue energy, united with the ones that were red energy.
    Again not bad, but nothing original.

The problem was the whole "power of their love" shtick.
    First DC Comics contradicts itself. Because at the beginning of Rebirth, we get to learn from Wally that someone (Manhattan) had changed time. That that someone had led to Flashpoint. That Flashpoint would've happened anyway with or without Barry's part. More so, Wally clearly stated that the changes had been happening even before Flashpoint.

DC in a way was confirming what Pandora had said at the end of Flashpoint, while adding more information.
    But I guess DC most have had a get together and really talked about the real implications of what Pandora said and now Wally was saying even more.
    Because the main question was becoming "Okay. Then since when has Manhattan been playing with time? The entire Modern Age?"
    And as such in Reborn they basically said that Manhattan had broken up the "real" timeline.
    More so he had broken Superman into two. No one else, just Superman and Lois. Because apparently the DCU spins around those two.

Then, when they defeat a near-omnipotent being. That is Mxyzptlk.
    According to Mr Oz, the "power of their love" started to rewrite the timeline.
    And we got this 95% pre-Flashpoint, 4% New 52, and 1% Rebirth, timeline.
    After all, this new Eradicator is completely new. The original Eradicator was never this way, and the New 52 definitely wasn't this way.
    So they made an entirely new Eradicator, that's still inferior to the pre-Flashpoint one in every way possible.

So that's Reborn in a nutshell.
    They needed to wipe away the age difference between Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions, undo the mess Truth created, and try to make sense of situation that made very little sense.
    Which I can say in my honest opinion, they failed miserably.
    Nothing was really explained or done in a credible way.
    The love of two characters, now retcon the timeline, to create a new timeline. It isn't even the pre-Flashpoint timeline anymore. Just mash-up of everything DC thinks it's what the fans wanted. When in fact it was what DC wanted.

Things are more confusing now, than ever.
    Just look at Cyborg Superman.
    So he needed the Oblivion Stone to go back to being Cyborg Superman. And the question is why? Wasn't the timeline rewritten? By that logic the Obligation Stone wasn't necessary. It just added more confusion because now we got Henshaw‎ that became human and then needed a magical stone to return to being his Cyborg self.
    And that's just the icing on the cake. If we get into it really deep, then it's questions on top of questions.
    Last edited by Wri-El; 06-04-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wri-El View Post
    Reborn was actually being interesting until the whole nonsense switch between Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois becoming the New 52 versions. Then the pre-Flashpoint versions in blue energy, united with the ones that were red energy.

First DC Comics contradicts itself. Because at the beginning of Rebirth, we get to learn from Wally that someone (Manhattan) had changed time. That that someone had led to Flashpoint. That Flashpoint would've happened anyway with or without Barry's part. More so, Wally clearly stated that the changes had been happening even before Flashpoint.

DC in a way was confirming what Pandora had said at the end of Flashpoint, while adding more information.
    But I guess DC most have had a get together and really talked about the real implications of what Pandora said and now Wally was saying even more.
    Because the main question was becoming "Okay. Then since when has Manhattan been playing with time? The entire Modern Age?"
    And as such in Reborn they basically said that Manhattan had broken up the "real" timeline.
    More so he had broken Superman into two. No one else, just Superman and Lois. Because apparently the DCU spins around those two.

After all, this new Eradicator is completely new. The original Eradicator was never this way, and the New 52 definitely wasn't this way.
    So they made an entirely new Eradicator, that's still inferior to the pre-Flashpoint one in every way possible.

They needed to wipe away the age difference between Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions, undo the mess Truth created, and try to make sense of situation that made very little sense.
    The love of two characters, now retcon the timeline, to create a new timeline. It isn't even the pre-Flashpoint timeline anymore. Just mash-up of everything DC thinks it's what the fans wanted. When in fact it was what DC wanted.

So he needed the Oblivion Stone to go back to being Cyborg Superman. And the question is why? Wasn't the timeline rewritten? By that logic the Obligation Stone wasn't necessary. It just added more confusion because now we got Henshaw‎ that became human and then needed a magical stone to return to being his Cyborg self.
    And that's just the icing on the cake. If we get into it really deep, then it's questions on top of questions.
    You sound like someone I know from Comicvine. In fact I have a sneaking suspicion you are HeavenlyDarkDragon or your vernacular is very similar to his.

BANNED

In tomorrow's Batman, there's more continuity confusion that actually serves as a major plot point

spoilers:
    While Selina still remembers first meeting Bruce on the streets, Bruce firmly states they met on a boat [which is accurate] and that he bought the diamond that she stole in their initial meeting. He uses the diamond to propose to her
    end of spoilers

I believe this whole thing about first meetings was going on before Superman Reborn, so it stands to reason that once again Batman's contemporary history seems impervious to a lot of Manhattan's doings.

Is Clark gonna get to throw an awesome bachelor party?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    In tomorrow's Batman, there's more continuity confusion that actually serves as a major plot point

spoilers:
    While Selina still remembers first meeting Bruce on the streets, Bruce firmly states they met on a boat [which is accurate] and that he bought the diamond that she stole in their initial meeting. He uses the diamond to propose to her
    end of spoilers

I believe this whole thing about first meetings was going on before Superman Reborn, so it stands to reason that once again Batman's contemporary history seems impervious to a lot of Manhattan's doings.
    can I ask what comic that boat scene happened in? I feel dumb for even having to ask.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    can I ask what comic that boat scene happened in? I feel dumb for even having to ask.
    The debut issue of the very first volume of Batman

Also quite famous for the line ''quiet, or papa spank''

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The debut issue of the very first volume of Batman

Also quite famous for the line ''quiet, or papa spank''
    Ah gotta love that casual Golden Age sexism. As badly out of context as the Joker's boner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Ah gotta love that casual Golden Age sexism. As badly out of context as the Joker's boner.
    Hey! Don't make jokes or laugh about his boner, or else he'll show you how many boners the Joker can make!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Hey! Don't make jokes or laugh about his boner, or else he'll show you how many boners the Joker can make!
    Not even Batman can stop the Joker's boner spree now!

This thread has gone to a very dark place.....................
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

This thread has gone to a very dark place.....................

Superman ReBONER

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wri-El View Post

Good post, and...yeah I agree with most of your points. The more they try and "explain" the DCU right now the worse it gets. DC has written themselves into such a corner, either there just clueless or are building to.... something.

At this point I just can't be bothered to try and make sense of what DC is doing, the way they have gone about restoring past events/characters like Wally West or even Barry has just been so bizarre, in a way that is so unsatisfying for the reader. So far it's just a mess, it's not something I would want a long box full of definitely.

Honestly, at this point I don't really give a damn how the timeline gets fixed. I hope they just fix it and move on.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Good post, and...yeah I agree with most of your points. The more they try and "explain" the DCU right now the worse it gets. DC has written themselves into such a corner, either there just clueless or are building to.... something.

At this point I just can't be bothered to try and make sense of what DC is doing, the way they have gone about restoring past events/characters like Wally West or even Barry has just been so bizarre, in a way that is so unsatisfying for the reader..
    I'm satisfied so far. Then again, I don't take this stuff half as seriously