Default Super Sons #3 Preview

A five-page preview for Super Sons #3 is up:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-super-sons-3/

Looks like a lot of fun, as usual for this great book!

Edit: Oops. Here is the correct link...
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 04-13-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks good. Jon really hates Damian, understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks good. Jon really hates Damian, understandable.
    I was actually wondering, given the last two panels, if that "fight" was a distraction. Anyway, I don't think Jon really "hates" Damian.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    I was actually wondering, given the last two panels, if that "fight" was a distraction. Anyway, I don't think Jon really "hates" Damian.
    I don't know. Damian has been a jerk to Jon this entire series as well as during their encounter in Superman. I'm sure eventually they will work together better, but Damian hasn't been much of a friend.

A five-page preview for Super Sons #3 is up:

http://community.comicbookresources....newthread&f=13

Looks like a lot of fun, as usual for this great book!
    Links to create a new thread?
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Incredible Member

Curiously, they're still using the Pre-Reborn Superman suit. Most likely because the issue was already drawn before that.

I think Robin's smoke bomb went off in the tussel and the two saw an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Curiously, they're still using the Pre-Reborn Superman suit. Most likely because the issue was already drawn before that.
    In the end it would probably work best to say this entire first arc takes place before Reborn, and that it won't catch up to current status quo till the next.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This is what I'm thinking, too.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

They definitely had enough time to switch the costume if they wanted, so I guess it's just for visual consistency with the beginning of the story.

I don't know about it being drawn before then, but the story began before Superman Reborn, so the first four issues (and perhaps the fifth as well) are all pre-Reborn. Don't expect Superman with red boots in the comic for a few months yet in this series.
    Currently buying:

Fantastic Member

I don't know about it being drawn before then, but the story began before Superman Reborn, so the first four issues (and perhaps the fifth as well) are all pre-Reborn. Don't expect Superman with red boots in the comic for a few months yet in this series.
    I kind of wonder if Superman will show up at all in these early issues. My line of thinking is that Gleason wants to keep the fathers out so that only the sons are in the spotlight. Even without technically showing the fathers in the book, they are there in a sense because of the long shadows they cast.