Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra

Default She-Ra

Hey guys...tried to find a conversation with this subject, since i couldn't I'm posting it here.

Do you guys wish for them to do a reboot of the She-Ra line/cartoon?

I always loved her universe and think it deserves a shot in our new , female empowerment, girl power, strong female heroes era we are living in.

What would be perfect scenario for it?

I think a cartoon and a new toy line would be perfect. Redesign the characters for them to look more unique, more like heroes/warriors/wizards/scientists.

I tried some of my favorites:
    PrincessOfPower.jpg

BANNED

For a reboot... I don't know, really.
    I would definitely up for something that would serve as a conclusion to her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For a reboot... I don't know, really.
    I would definitely up for something that would serve as a conclusion to her story.
    If they can bring back JEM, they can bring back anything.

I liked She-Ra enough in her day, but tend to think she's very much of that time.

I would definitely like to see a new She-Ra cartoon, similar to what they did with the He-Man in 2002. With more girl-focused superhero or sci-fi toy lines coming out I'm surprised Mattel hasn't tried this already with something comparable to their "DC Super Hero Girls" property. I think Hasbro just announced a similar line for girls for "Star Wars" recently.

Thinking back on it, I appreciate how many awesome female villains there were in She-Ra and MOTU. I've always liked villains better, and it was cool to have female villains that were just as awesome as the other characters. Strong female heroes are great, but I want more strong female villains too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    If they can bring back JEM, they can bring back anything.

I liked She-Ra enough in her day, but tend to think she's very much of that time.
    You have to be more spesific on the Jem matter.
    Are you talking about the IDW comic or the recent movie?
    If you are reffering to the former, then i agree. If you are talking about the latter, however, then we can assume She-Ra as good as dead.

Anyway, if i must describe a reboot then i would like to see a She-Ra anime. An anime like the 90's Sailor Moon as the directing is concerned.
    A anime She-Ra with the attitude of the old She-Ra but with the visuals of Sailor Moon.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-13-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Considering it has been 15 years since the last He-Man cartoon, they could bring that back too. I always thought the 2002 mistake was not simply making it be a He-Man / She-ra adventures. Introduce Adam with his little sister Adora.

Now as for Anime, I initially thought stupid idea, but then I thought of Glitter Force, and realized anime style could possibly work.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The term "Girl Power" makes me cringe because a lot of people like to use that term to describe both girls AND women interchangeably, but someone needs to come up with a term that literally incorporates both girls AND women.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Hey guys...tried to find a conversation with this subject, since i couldn't I'm posting it here.

Do you guys wish for them to do a reboot of the She-Ra line/cartoon?

I always loved her universe and think it deserves a shot in our new , female empowerment, girl power, strong female heroes era we are living in.

What would be perfect scenario for it?

I think a cartoon and a new toy line would be perfect. Redesign the characters for them to look more unique, more like heroes/warriors/wizards/scientists.

I tried some of my favorites:
    PrincessOfPower.jpg
    Ok She-Ra's headpiece in that picture looks downright ridiculous. Doesn't have to be that...big.

But beyond that, yes, I 100% agree. In fact I'm constantly annoyed how in He-Man groups they shoehorn She-Ra into He-Man's cast of characters as if she didn't have her own cast herself. Or that to this day some people still don't realize they're twin siblings.

I always got the impression that in the recent He-Man reboot the producers were tip-toeing around using She-Ra, what with using Hordak and the Horde minus Etheria/She-Ra/et al. When I think back on She-Ra, I feel like she was better written than He-Man in a lot of ways and yes I'd like to see her return proper.

My only issue with a separate show. You will have the "Where is He-Man?" comments. Look at the Supergirl TV show forum for proof of that. Every third post was, "Where is Superman, why didn't he show up in this episode? When is he going to show?" It was really quite pathetic. I gear She-Ra would have the same issue.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    My only issue with a separate show. You will have the "Where is He-Man?" comments. Look at the Supergirl TV show forum for proof of that. Every third post was, "Where is Superman, why didn't he show up in this episode? When is he going to show?" It was really quite pathetic. I gear She-Ra would have the same issue.
    I think Superman was always destined to show up, its just perhaps the change in networks sped up his first appearance. Hard to say without asking Berlanti himself. But regardless, its the same problem all the other CW shows have. Fans saying "Well why didn't [character from one show] call [character from another show] for help?" I long gave up explaining that even in a shared universe these shows need to do the best they can to stand on their own or they have no point to them if you can simply call a hero from another show to save the day. Back in the day Xena got the same treatment ("Just call Hercules for this problem!"). Angel and Buffy too. Ah, and my favorite, "Wow we got Fitz on Major Crimes, why hasn't Brenda shown up?" Cause its no longer her show and it would take the limelight away from the current main character.

I'd say pretty much all spinoffs have people who don't get characters from the show they spunoff from, even the main character, can't just show up on a whim or it ceases being the spinoffs show but an extension of the parent show. (whim =/= major event crossover since I know someone will mention that). Not much you can do but let them complain. Or, ignore them, like the people behind He-Man's 2002 revival did for folks wondering about She-Ra connections.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 04-13-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    You have to be more spesific on the Jem matter.
    Are you talking about the IDW comic or the recent movie?
    If you are reffering to the former, then i agree. If you are talking about the latter, however, then we can assume She-Ra as good as dead.

Anyway, if i must describe a reboot then i would like to see a She-Ra anime. An anime like the 90's Sailor Moon as the directing is concerned.
    A anime She-Ra with the attitude of the old She-Ra but with the visuals of Sailor Moon.
    I confess that I have not seen either version; I just thought JEM was an odd franchise for anyone to attempt a revival.

Still, THUNDERCATS was another 80s standby, and its short-lived revival wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The term "Girl Power" makes me cringe because a lot of people like to use that term to describe both girls AND women interchangeably, but someone needs to come up with a term that literally incorporates both girls AND women.
    I like to think that when "girl" appears in a superhero name, it automatically connotes "young person on the verge of maturity."

Although there have been a few superhero "boys" who were really little kids, most of them, from Superboy to the Legion, have really been teens just a few years away from official adulthood.

I would *kill* for a reboot of She-Ra. Especially now when girl power is at its peak.

Although I do have to say, the fan art posted earlier is... hmm. It seems like the target audience may not be younger females with that art.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Considering it has been 15 years since the last He-Man cartoon, they could bring that back too. I always thought the 2002 mistake was not simply making it be a He-Man / She-ra adventures. Introduce Adam with his little sister Adora.
    Little sister? They've always been twins...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would *kill* for a reboot of She-Ra. Especially now when girl power is at its peak.

Although I do have to say, the fan art posted earlier is... hmm. It seems like the target audience may not be younger females with that art.

Little sister? They've always been twins...
    Yeah, I remembered that a bit after I posted.

I meant little as in he was born first.

Ultimate Member

I wonder how much if anything they would change about the show to "update" it and all past like the animation and such...