Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The cover's a pretty big indicator of that

(I browsed the Miles Morales thread and found someone had posted a cover from the solicits relating to Secret Empire, so I assume it's safe to post this then...)
    Yeah...this is what I was afraid of,another lame Marvel Team -Up book. Like we don't have enough of that with Slott's Amazing. Why is it so hard to allow Peter to be his own hero these days? The more I hear about this title the more disappointed I become.

That cover art almost feels like a promo for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon .

BANNED

If this ends up just being a team-up book, that's really going to bum me out. Seeing Peter interacting with the rest of the MU is cool but what excited me most about this was that we were promised this would focus on Peter and his supporting cast. I hope that's still the case.

iMan 42s

Not really excited on a team-up book as that's pretty much what Amazing Spider-man is already. That cover is also really weird with the placement of all the heroes around Spidey. They are all just standing there in the void with Iron Heart literally just standing on air. Kind of a generic cover and besides informing the audience that heroes with Spidey will be a thing it's not that creative.

Also is that Spider-UK on the cover? I want to think it's Miles but the coloring is off.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Count me among the voices bummed out by this cover and solicit; seems like it took all of 2 issues for Marvel to succumb to the drug of churning out yet another team-up book. So much for "back to basics" and "street level Peter". Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Count me among the voices bummed out by this cover and solicit; seems like it took all of 2 issues for Marvel to succumb to the drug of churning out yet another team-up book. So much for "back to basics" and "street level Peter". Ugh.
    I definitely still have a lot of hope for this but the solicit for #2 has made me a little wary, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I definitely still have a lot of hope for this but the solicit for #2 has made me a little wary, unfortunately.
    Oh yeah, I am still buying it and pumped for the first issue but.....this solicit/cover gives me a feeling we are gonna get something closer to Avenging Spider-Man than the first volume of PP:SSM. And,while I enjoyed Avenging Spider-Man for the most part, that is not what I thought we were going to get based on all the press up until now. I suppose time will tell but I really, really hope our fears are unfounded here.

Shouldn't we wait and see what it is on a regular basis before proclaiming it a team-up series under a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Shouldn't we wait and see what it is on a regular basis before proclaiming it a team-up series under a different name?
    Absolutely which is why I merely qualified my enthusiasm for the title. I am still buying it but it was originally presented as an alternative to the current ASM title and was allegedly going to be more down to earth and character driven; this solicit sounds nothing like that. Again, I am on board for it but my enthusiasm has waned considerably based on this solicit.

In Zdarsky I trust. I'll still savor every moment.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This title is gonna kick so much ass. My one real wish is I hope it is a good long time (never would be nice) before it crosses over with ASM or any other title. Honestly, I hope Zdarsky just does his thing here and Slott does his over in ASM like the ASM and SSM titles did back in the '70's and early '80's.
    Totally agree with you Old School. I hope this turns our great and harkens back to the 70's and 80's and if it does then I think (for me anyway) it will become the number 1 spidey book for me! Now I hope it does not turn into a team up book, if it does then I think Marvel will add another notch on it's "can't get it right" belt!!

Still keeping good thoughts for this book though!