Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well thats the point. Jimmy is a way of having Wolverine on the team without having "The Wolverine" on the team. I dont expect to see the art change for him anytime soon. Even his costume is inspired by Wolverine 1.9=0
    Gwad, its like they aren't even trying. Its just lazy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Gwad, its like they aren't even trying. Its just lazy at this point.
    Considering that he was literally created to take Wolverine's place in the Ultimate Universe after he was killed off, was eventually given a costume that looked just like 616 Wolverine's costume and even took on the code name of Wolverine. Him being the Wolverine of the team in Blue is just par for the course for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering that he was literally created to take Wolverine's place in the Ultimate Universe after he was killed off, was eventually given a costume that looked just like 616 Wolverine's costume and even took on the code name of Wolverine. Him being the Wolverine of the team in Blue is just par for the course for him.
    I actually don't agree with the idea of Jimmy being Blue's Wolverine is par for the course for Jimmy. I actually think he works well with the 05 much better than he did in Ultimate X Men. He doesn't feel forced in this book like Laura felt forced into All New X Men and then forced into being Angel's girlfriend. He feels like an actual team member who isn't just there to be the team's Wolverine. He's his own character. And I didn't think I would ever like Jimmy.

From what I have read of Jimmy in the UU and the Bendis run of ANXM Jimmy reads as a better character in Blue.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-16-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I actually don't agree with the idea of Jimmy being Blue's Wolverine is par for the course for Jimmy. I actually think he works well with the 05 much better than he did in Ultimate X Men. He doesn't feel forced in this book like Laura felt forced into All New X Men and then forced into being Angel's girlfriend. He feels like an actual team member who isn't just there to be the team's Wolverine. He's his own character. And I didn't think I would ever like Jimmy.

From what I have read of Jimmy in the UU and the Bendis run of ANXM Jimmy reads as a better character in Blue.
    what has he done yet that makes him feel like an actual member? As of now, Bunn hasnt done much with him. Even in the most recent issue where he was given an official costume to be part of the group, he was kept separate from them. He felt like Mondo on Gen X. Im sure he will be better integrated but it hasnt happened yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope the goal of this character isn't just to make him mini Wolverine. I get that the vibe of him should be there to draw his fans but an exact copy? Heck no. Just bring back the real deal if that is going to be the case. No one fully enjoys cheap hand me downs, they only tolerate them because they have few other options.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-16-2017 at 11:20 AM.

How many Wolverines do we have now? How many Spider-Women? Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Its never enough for marvel.

If Jimmy were to use a different code-name other than Wolverine, what would you all like it to be?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what has he done yet that makes him feel like an actual member? As of now, Bunn hasnt done much with him. Even in the most recent issue where he was given an official costume to be part of the group, he was kept separate from them. He felt like Mondo on Gen X. Im sure he will be better integrated but it hasnt happened yet
    I was not sure how to answer this one. Jimmy just feels like he is fitting in to me. I thought he got a good introduction during the two issues with the new Marauders team. He fit in well with Hank and Jean in issue #6. they really just felt like a team to me. I cant really offer just one good example because I just like how he interacts with the members. Maybe it's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    If Jimmy were to use a different code-name other than Wolverine, what would you all like it to be?
    Some other members suggested Kodiak and Direwolf to Bunn on his twitter account. Those would both work for me.

He may not be getting a code name anytime soon though.

Really like the design for the suit! Love the hand straps!

I like Jimmy and this costume. Also wouldn't Kodiak and Direwolf make sense with a larger character. They are good names though.
    Last edited by nnelg; 07-20-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Folks at my LCS were griping about this yesterday actually.

How many Hulks, Ironmen or Spidermen do we have also?