Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I know he can shape shift I read BOA. And are you saying that Jimmy has been walking around 616 but got captured by The future Brotherhood and replaced by Raze?
    thats a possibility. Jimmy could have been an Ultimate Universe survivor that Raze caught up with, killed, replaced and is here to infiltrate the group. I didnt even think of the future Brotherhood being connected but Xavier JR could have put memory blocks in place so Jean couldnt scan him and the amnesia works to explain why he cant explain his past

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Someone suggested this is actually Raze who is pretending to be Jimmy. I think they might go there.
    That would be the best case scenario in my opinion. It's worth noting that Raze was absent from that teaser image at the end that depicted the future Brotherhood. That might be on purpose. Plus, this "Jimmy" has a good cover. If he can claim he can't remember, then that's a good way for Raze to worm himself into the O5, gain their trust, and probably screw with the team dynamics by flirting with Jean. It's pretty brilliant in the grand scheme of things. It would be much more preferable than bringing in a character who failed miserably in Ultimate. Plus, at a time when we have Old Man Logan, Gabby, X-23, Raze, Daken, and Jonathan the actual Wolverine, Jimmy's presence is downright redundant and brings nothing new to the table.

It's for that very reason that I think it's probably not going to happen. Marvel seems intent on doing everything to fill the void left by Logan's death, other than actually bring him back to life. Go figure.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Thhe 05 will remember meeting hm before right? Or did Secret Wars erase any Ultimateverse memories, given Miles's current status as a resident of Marvel prime?

Won't be long until we find that out. Between this and Spider-Men 2, we should finally be getting some answers about exactly what people remember about the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Won't be long until we find that out. Between this and Spider-Men 2, we should finally be getting some answers about exactly what people remember about the Ultimate Universe.
    It's weird that Jimmy has amnesia when characters like Maker and OML came to the 616 universe with their memories intact.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Thhe 05 will remember meeting hm before right? Or did Secret Wars erase any Ultimateverse memories, given Miles's current status as a resident of Marvel prime?
    They better or else whats the point? The O5 are one of his only connections to this universe so it would be a shame if thats ignored

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It's weird that Jimmy has amnesia when characters like Maker and OML came to the 616 universe with their memories intact.
    Either something happened to him or he's not the real Jimmy. They could go either way. The amnesia bit is classic Wolverine and if they are trying to have him be another Wolverine replacement, that seems like an obvious route, especially since they are hinting at a triangle with Jean and Scott. I hope not though

I just think it's funny how folks is hatin on Jimmy when he hasn't even done anything yet. His amnesia I predict will be solved in an issue or 2, probably because of Jean which will be the beginning of the suppose "triangle". I also predict it won't go as most are suspecting it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I just think it's funny how folks is hatin on Jimmy when he hasn't even done anything yet. His amnesia I predict will be solved in an issue or 2, probably because of Jean which will be the beginning of the suppose "triangle". I also predict it won't go as most are suspecting it will.
    He's been around for 7 years. People have had plenty of time to hate him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's been around for 7 years. People have had plenty of time to hate him
    And in those 7 years what exactly did he do? He's been in limbo longer than his actual comic activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats a possibility. Jimmy could have been an Ultimate Universe survivor that Raze caught up with, killed, replaced and is here to infiltrate the group. I didnt even think of the future Brotherhood being connected but Xavier JR could have put memory blocks in place so Jean couldnt scan him and the amnesia works to explain why he cant explain his past
    Wait, and jean will see those blocks in his mind and will not do anything...

And in those 7 years what exactly did he do?
    Nothing that would make people excited to see him again, that's for sure.

He's been in limbo longer than his actual comic activity.
    That may be the best thing he's done yet.

In theUltimate Universe, he had basically the same purpose as Miles. He was living up the legacy of a hero he never actually knew. It Miles case, it was his idol. In Jimbo's case it was the father he never met. Carrying them over to the main marvel universe ditches that. Mile can't continuing the legacy of Spider-man when Spider-man is two blocks over and Jimmy has no reason to continue living up with the legacy of Wolverine when half a dozen other people are still doing it.

They only exist still because their writers couldn't let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    And in those 7 years what exactly did he do? He's been in limbo longer than his actual comic activity.
    Maybe thats a reason why people dont care for him

I kind of like seeing Jimmy in 616. He's still such a blank slate that there is a lot a writer could do with him and I'm especially interested in seeing the direction a great writer like Bunn will take him in. So I'm glad to see Jimmy in the 616. Honestly if I'd had my way OML would have never been brought into 616 and it would have instead been Laura as Wolverine and Jimmy as a supporting second Wolverine or sidekick to her or whatever, sharing the Wolverine role in the x-books. It would have been something more interesting and different from what we've gotten now which is 616 Wolverine dead and replaced by a character that is basically just a distilled version of 616 Wolverine without much to distinguish him from the original.

And as for the Raze theory, please no! Raze is an awful character and just a poor man's Daken (only difference between them is that Raze has shapeshifting while Daken has pheromone powers but other than that there's nothing unique about Raze). I'd much rather Bunn just ignored the whole future Brotherhood of Former X-Men but I trust that there is something worth mining if Bunn plans to go there. Probably something to address Beast's abuse of magic which is apparently leading to him becoming the Beast from the Future Brotherhood (if I recall it was never explicitly said which Beast the Brotherhood Beast was, older or younger, and now that we've seen younger Beast turning into horned & hooved Beast I'm inclined to believe that Brotherhood Beast is indeed the younger Beast after being altered by magic (and maybe having experiment on himself to boot).

But all in all, excited to see what Bunn plans to do with Jimmy in the future (beyond the love triangle which I'm fine with).

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That's a hard one there because Jeen and Miles referenced to that meeting back in the Civil War II Nova tie-in but it's been inconsistent on whether or not Miles remembers he's from another universe.

Where's Kymera??? Might as well put her on lack of imagination the team too.