Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I think it's a bit soon to call Jimmy Hudson a failure since he has not really appearred to any great degree yet. I would have preferred Mach 2 as a carryover but lets see what happens.

Still think it's actually Raze though.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    While I don't think this topic is appropriate for an appreciation thread, I've got to agree with MarvelMaster616.
    I'm actually really curious to understand why people are fans of Jimmy, thought. Maybe once he gets actual development, he'll somehow have something going for him, but based on all his published appearances so far, I truly don't understand why anyone would already be a fan of his. He's as generic and bland as it gets and rumored amnesia and love-triangle will only work to make him even less of his own character.
    that was a rude post.

IDK he is cute and hot. that is something to appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    While I don't think this topic is appropriate for an appreciation thread, I've got to agree with MarvelMaster616.
    I'm actually really curious to understand why people are fans of Jimmy, thought. Maybe once he gets actual development, he'll somehow have something going for him, but based on all his published appearances so far, I truly don't understand why anyone would already be a fan of his. He's as generic and bland as it gets and rumored amnesia and love-triangle will only work to make him even less of his own character.
    I admit I'm pretty harsh on Jimmy. I contend that he deserves every bit of criticism I give him.

That said, if anyone can make Jimmy interesting, it's Cullen Bunn. Remember, Bunn is the one who actually wrote Jimmy's origin. Jeph Loeb and Art Adams created him, but didn't do much with him. Bunn is the only one that actually gave Jimmy a backstory. Granted, it wasn't a backstory that really strengthened his character. It also affected nothing in the ongoing Ultimate comics. It was basically forgotten about and was probably the best opportunity anyone ever had to make Jimmy interesting. Maybe if Bunn had been given a chance to write Ultimate X-men, things could've been better. It's sad, but he's getting another chance and he definitely has the skills and foresight to make Jimmy work.

Now I don't know how he'll do that, but he's a better writer than me or anyone on this message board so I'm definitely willing to give him a chance. He just really needs to do something that sets Jimmy apart. Right now, he's just a failed replacement character from a series that very few people cared for. He did nothing memorable, despite having plenty of chances. He emerged in 2011 and had four years of Ultimate comics to do something. Other than his origin story, he did nothing. Other characters like Raze, Daken, and Gabby have done much more with much less time. Jimmy is really behind the curve in the grand scheme of things. There are a lot of forces working against him. But Bunn has shown before that he can take bland characters and make them interesting. If he can do that with Jimmy, then that will put him in Chris Claremont territory.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I admit I'm pretty harsh on Jimmy. I contend that he deserves every bit of criticism I give him.

That said, if anyone can make Jimmy interesting, it's Cullen Bunn. Remember, Bunn is the one who actually wrote Jimmy's origin. Jeph Loeb and Art Adams created him, but didn't do much with him. Bunn is the only one that actually gave Jimmy a backstory. Granted, it wasn't a backstory that really strengthened his character. It also affected nothing in the ongoing Ultimate comics. It was basically forgotten about and was probably the best opportunity anyone ever had to make Jimmy interesting. Maybe if Bunn had been given a chance to write Ultimate X-men, things could've been better. It's sad, but he's getting another chance and he definitely has the skills and foresight to make Jimmy work.

Now I don't know how he'll do that, but he's a better writer than me or anyone on this message board so I'm definitely willing to give him a chance. He just really needs to do something that sets Jimmy apart. Right now, he's just a failed replacement character from a series that very few people cared for. He did nothing memorable, despite having plenty of chances. He emerged in 2011 and had four years of Ultimate comics to do something. Other than his origin story, he did nothing. Other characters like Raze, Daken, and Gabby have done much more with much less time. Jimmy is really behind the curve in the grand scheme of things. There are a lot of forces working against him. But Bunn has shown before that he can take bland characters and make them interesting. If he can do that with Jimmy, then that will put him in Chris Claremont territory.
    2011 was already post ultimatum on ultimate universe, so it makes sense that any character vcould be lost. Miles Morales got lucky he had Bendis to do his own thing

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I think it's a bit soon to call Jimmy Hudson a failure since he has not really appearred to any great degree yet. I would have preferred Mach 2 as a carryover but lets see what happens.

Still think it's actually Raze though.
    Honestly I find that Jimmy has potential as a character especially with Bunn writing him. The fact that Bunn is the one who gave us Jimmy's full origin story, he now has the ability to explore that. Things like what are the full extent of the Mothervine sirum that was passed down to him by Magda and how can something like this affect mutantkind of 616? Remember, Mothervine had created a means of creating mutants who could be activated with a trigger phrase and that very same serum is in his blood. Think of how what the ramifications could be if the wrong people got their hands on it. There is plenty of story potential for Jimmy now that Bunn has the ability to write him again.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Ok this, this is how you express you're opinion in a respectful tone. Thank you MarvelMaster616 for setting the bar. And I agree this is Jimmy's second chance to become a more dimensional character under Bunn's writing, which is why I posted this thread. Not for what the character is now, but for his possible future potential. Just keep you're fingers crossed that Bunn's writing will be in top form the Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe thats a reason why people dont care for him
    Well what has he done to garner this much hate? I have a clue why though, seeing as how these forums have massive hate for anything Logan related. I'm not even a fan of the character yet because I know basically nothing about him except that he's a son of Ultimate universe Logan. I am curious though and he might be the only reason I check out X-Men Blue as I had no interest in the title before.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Blah. Don't care. He wasn't interesting in the ultimate universe, no desire to see him here. Id be much more interested in ultimate cable
    But Ultimate Cable was just future Logan{sans healing factor}. I don't think Nathan Summers existed in the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Well what has he done to garner this much hate? I have a clue why though, seeing as how these forums have massive hate for anything Logan related. I'm not even a fan of the character yet because I know basically nothing about him except that he's a son of Ultimate universe Logan. I am curious though and he might be the only reason I check out X-Men Blue as I had no interest in the title before.
    people are afraid he will steal Jean from Cyclops

i think Blue needs more women for sure, so another straigh white guy seems strange. but I think Jimmy can add to the team dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Ok this, this is how you express you're opinion in a respectful tone. Thank you MarvelMaster616 for setting the bar. And I agree this is Jimmy's second chance to become a more dimensional character under Bunn's writing, which is why I posted this thread. Not for what the character is now, but for his possible future potential. Just keep you're fingers crossed that Bunn's writing will be in top form the Jimmy.
    I agree. I never really found Jimmy that interesting but this is Bunn and he's proved himself to be a pretty good writer. So if anyone can develop Jimmy, and make him into something interesting it's him. So I'm gonna be optimistic about the whole thing and trust Bunn knows what to do with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people are afraid he will steal Jean from Cyclops

i think Blue needs more women for sure, so another straigh white guy seems strange. but I think Jimmy can add to the team dynamic
    How can he steal Jean from Cyclops when these versions of characters haven't even hook up yet? If anything it would be stealing from Hank. I also find it funny how most{from what I've seen} didn't even care for teen Cyke and Jean{or the O5 for that matter}, but now that a "Wolverine" character has enter the picture, he's the one that's supposedly ruining things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    How can he steal Jean from Cyclops when these versions of characters haven't even hook up yet? If anything it would be stealing from Hank. I also find it funny how most{from what I've seen} didn't even care for teen Cyke and Jean{or the O5 for that matter}, but now that a "Wolverine" character has enter the picture, he's the one that's supposedly ruining things.
    They were fine when it was Laura x-23 with Scott, but god forbid Jean will be attracted to a wolverine. How dare he put his claws on her? what a absurd

yeah Jean is pretty centered on not dating Scott

If that's Raze and not Jimmy, why the hell would he save that girl from Wendigo?

Remember, Raze is a big douche of a villain.

https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...30855133106176

Is this book going to circle around Jimmy? If so, it will be a huge disappointment.