Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    If that's Raze and not Jimmy, why the hell would he save that girl from Wendigo?

Remember, Raze is a big douche of a villain.
    That is true. I guess they could say Xavier jr wiped Raze's mind but tbh the theory is pretty far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Is this book going to circle around Jimmy? If so, it will be a huge disappointment.
    I think it will focus on the team as a whole but if anyone was to get more focus it'd be Jean I think.
    Last edited by GSman; 04-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.

I've kind of warmed up to Jimmy, and I also enjoy Laura as Wolverine. Loving Old Man Logan too, but it does seem like Marvel kind of lost the plot on this whole "Marvel Universe without Wolverine" idea that they kept going on about after 616 Logan died. Now we've got Wolverines galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I've kind of warmed up to Jimmy, and I also enjoy Laura as Wolverine. Loving Old Man Logan too, but it does seem like Marvel kind of lost the plot on this whole "Marvel Universe without Wolverine" idea that they kept going on about after 616 Logan died. Now we've got Wolverines galore!
    It becomes saturated and takes away from any single existing character.

For example: We have Thor. Now there's been Red Norvell. He's shown up a few times originally in Thor. But that was it. We have Beta Ray Bill, probably the most common Thor copy (and mind you, I love BRB). But he's also reserved to just showing up occasionally.

Now let's look at Spider-Man... in the current universe... there's Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man 2099, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, and probably some I am not thinking of... all of which, pretty much have their own title (except for Scarlet Spider - his recently ended, to be a part of Yost's New Warriors).

And now Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Draken (who granted, has not shown up - as far as I know, for awhile - but was in the Dark Avengers), Laura (now Wolverine, who I used to hate, but have warmed up to - especially now that she's in the Wolverine costume), and now Jimmy...

It saturates, and removes something from the existing characters, I think.

I'd be happy, if I can't have 616 Logan, to just have Laura be his permanent replacement (well, until they bring Logan back... because... you know they will...)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I didn't mind having OML and Laura around. And don't mind having Jimmy and Laura around. Or even OML and Jimmy. But having all three seems like...a bit much honestly. And since they're not doing anything new with OML and just making him the stand in Logan, perhaps he should be the one to go first. Until they eventually bring 616 Logan back. Because, like you said, they will.

But OML is getting a new creative team in June, so I don't see him going anywhere for awhile. And I like him, don't get me wrong. I like him a lot. Maybe more than 616 Logan. Actually, definitely more than 616 Logan. But we just have so many Wolverines now...

Yeah. And you think they would have stopped with Laura taking up the mantle, but then they brought in a AU Logan and an AU son of Logan to replace him. Can't say I'm not enjoying it though and as suggested in the Wolverine thread I'd be fine with a Wolverines book starring all three.

That would be a fun book. Maybe they'll both show up in OML. Or we'll get a crossover where they all interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

For example: We have Thor. Now there's been Red Norvell. He's shown up a few times originally in Thor. But that was it. We have Beta Ray Bill, probably the most common Thor copy (and mind you, I love BRB). But he's also reserved to just showing up occasionally.

Now let's look at Spider-Man... in the current universe... there's Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man 2099, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, and probably some I am not thinking of... all of which, pretty much have their own title (except for Scarlet Spider - his recently ended, to be a part of Yost's New Warriors).

And now Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Draken (who granted, has not shown up - as far as I know, for awhile - but was in the Dark Avengers), Laura (now Wolverine, who I used to hate, but have warmed up to - especially now that she's in the Wolverine costume), and now Jimmy...

I'd be happy, if I can't have 616 Logan, to just have Laura be his permanent replacement (well, until they bring Logan back... because... you know they will...)
    Three is a bit much but compared to the spider characters it's nothing. And as for 616 Logan? Yeah I imagine them bringing him back eventually even if I'm enjoying OML more currently, but I don't think it'll be soon or at the very least this year since OML has such a huge presence in the books so it might take a while but I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah. And you think they would have stopped with Laura taking up the mantle, but then they brought in a AU Logan and an AU son of Logan to replace him. Can't say I'm not enjoying it though and as suggested in the Wolverine thread I'd be fine with a Wolverines book starring all three.
    I'm entertained at the thought of Logan's reaction when he gets back, especially with how his family tree keeps growing. He's now got 2 more daughters, another son and a dystopian grampa version of himself running around. In fact, that artist that does those funny strips for the Magnus family needs to get on this stat

Astonishing Member

My only concern with Jimmy is how his introduction will effect Laura. She wolverine now and she should be more involved with or acknolaged by the X-Men . I think bunn will do good with jimmy but I'm worried how marvel will handle there being so many wolverines it will cause problems

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

This is pretty accurate and unfortunately some people are mistaking this with Logan-hate (and assume it's only Cyclops fans).

Let's say that all Cyclops kids had the same power as their dad. I'm pretty sure that even Cyclops fans would feel it was too much. I don't mind if they are Logan's kids or Bishop's kids or whoever. The problem is that there are too many similar versions, with similar attitude and similar backgrounds.

Also, based on Cullen Bunn's tweets, he will explore a lot of things that surround Jimmy. So now, we will have Weapon X, Wolverine, Old Man Logan, X-Men Gold with OML and X-Men Blue with a Wolverine. It's waaaay too much.

I agree and yet...will be buying them all. Sticking with X-men Blue mostly because of Jimmy too. So maybe Marvel knows what they're doing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree and yet...will be buying them all. Sticking with X-men Blue mostly because of Jimmy too. So maybe Marvel knows what they're doing after all.
    They're doing it because Wolverine=sales. They know fans of Wolverine will buy these books anyway, quite brilliant actually.

They're doing it because Wolverine=sales. They know fans of Wolverine will buy these books anyway, quite brilliant actually.
    Does it? Maybe some time in the past with the original Wolverine but I dont feel all these replacements and clones have the same pull. Of the 3 X-books last time, Uncanny consistently sold the best most of the time and it didnt feature Wolverine. I dont think OML nor Laura had much impact on the sales of ANX and EXM. Jimmy didnt have much on the Ultimate books (which had already dropped by the time he was created) and didnt really rise once he became a regular fixture

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    My only concern with Jimmy is how his introduction will effect Laura. She wolverine now and she should be more involved with or acknolaged by the X-Men . I think bunn will do good with jimmy but I'm worried how marvel will handle there being so many wolverines it will cause problems
    I don't think Jimmy will be stepping on Laura's toes. He has no connection to the actual Wolverine of 616, just the claws. So he's Wolverine-like, but not really part of the legacy.

Which is kinda funny when you think about the fact that this team had a Wolverine in Laura but ditched her because they don't feel a connection/belonging to this world due to being displaced.