Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think Jimmy will be stepping on Laura's toes. He has no connection to the actual Wolverine of 616, just the claws. So he's Wolverine-like, but not really part of the legacy.
    His inclusion definitely dilutes that legacy as does whoring OML all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does it? Maybe some time in the past with the original Wolverine but I dont feel all these replacements and clones have the same pull. Of the 3 X-books last time, Uncanny consistently sold the best most of the time and it didnt feature Wolverine. I dont think OML nor Laura had much impact on the sales of ANX and EXM. Jimmy didnt have much on the Ultimate books (which had already dropped by the time he was created) and didnt really rise once he became a regular fixture
    Well OML and ANW were the best selling ongoings of the X-line so they do have some pull. For the new books just starting that remains to be seen, but I think Jimmy being in issue 4 and 5 of Blue will attract some Wolverine fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well OML and ANW were the best selling ongoings of the X-line so they do have some pull. For the new books just starting that remains to be seen, but I think Jimmy being in issue 4 and 5 of Blue will attract some Wolverine fans.
    Not really. OML and Uncanny were the top sellers. Actually, Death of X and IvX were the top sellers but if we are talking about ongoing, Uncanny was pretty close to OML in numbers. You also have to consider that the movie Logan helped push the sales.
    If you look at a book with a mutant in it, Champions was the top seller.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Not really. OML and Uncanny were the top sellers. Actually, Death of X and IvX were the top sellers but if we are talking about ongoing, Uncanny was pretty close to OML in numbers. You also have to consider that the movie Logan helped push the sales.
    If you look at a book with a mutant in it, Champions was the top seller.
    The point still remains OML was the best selling X-men ongoing even before the Logan movie came out. IVX and DOX don't count since they're events, and Champions isn't an X-Book.

Yeah but did that translate into sales for the team books? All that tells me is that they can sustain a solo, not that their inclusion leads to big sales on other books, which they didnt. And as RCX stated, Uncanny was lower but was fairly close to OML #s and that was without either Wolverine
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Yeah but did that translate into sales for the team books? All that tells me is that they can sustain a solo, not that their inclusion leads to big sales on other books, which they didnt. And as GSman stated, Uncanny was lower but was fairly close to OML #s and that was without either Wolverine
    I guess we'll see with the new books coming out. Still think Jimmy will attract some fans for Blue though even if it's just for the two issues he's introduced in.

I guess we'll see with the new books coming out. Still think Jimmy will attract some fans for Blue though even if it's just for the two issues he's introduced in.
    It'll be hard to know since he's already here from the start and all the books feature a Wolverine character

It'll be hard to know since he's already here from the start and all the books feature a Wolverine character
    He had a bit of a cameo in end of issue 1 but issue 4 and 5 will be the issues where he's fully introduced and joins the team and will be prominent on the covers.

He had a bit of a cameo in end of issue 1 but issue 4 and 5 will be the issues where he's fully introduced and joins the team and will be prominent on the covers.
    But do you know if he wont appear in 2 and 3?

But do you know if he wont appear in 2 and 3?
    I don't think there's been any confirmation if he will or not but I assume 4 and 5 will be the ones he's introduced in. I think his little backup story in the first issue is to tease his arrival later.

There's also something to be said for the fact that writers seem to enjoy having Wolverine, or a Wolverine, on their team rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There's also something to be said for the fact that writers seem to enjoy having Wolverine, or a Wolverine, on their team rosters.
    Kinda makes you wonder why they killed him in the first place since they like his concept so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder why they killed him in the first place since they like his concept so much.
    Especially since they would go on to replace him with another version of himself, not even a year after he died.
    Last edited by GSman; 04-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    is it so much the writers like that or editorial mandates it?

Something interesting from Bunn's twitter account. Apparently he's making sure not to give Jimmy the code name Wolverine and probably in good jest has asked fans what new code name he should be given. As amusing the jokes names are ( seriously some are pretty funny) there is one Code name suggested by two that seems like an actual good fit.
    Jimmy's new code name

Jimmy Hudson
    Codename: DIRE WOLF

What do you guys think? Unlike Logan and Laura, Jimmy doesn't really have a problem being around people for long stretches of time, and from the Ultimate series already acted sort of like a papa wolf / big brother to his team even though he wasn't the leader. Maybe this is the first new twist for the character that separates him from the other Wolverines. One that naturally runs with the pack instead of having lone wolf tendencies. Also do you have any serious or funny names we can call him?( all in good fun, not to actually bash the character)

Oh crap, I'm going to need to change the topic title then.. anybody know how to do that?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 04-16-2017 at 06:39 PM.