Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I had suggest in twitter the code name: Kodiak, which is a bear with blondish brown fur.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Now compare that to the situations that X-23, Daken, Gabby, and Raze faced. When these characters first showed up, Logan was still alive.
    Gabby only debuted in ANAD, so the original Logan was dead when she showed up.

Now that we have seen Jimmy as a member of Blue team for a couple of issues what do people think of him.

He's starting to grow on me. I'm interested to see him interact with Magneto given who his mother is. And it looks like he could provide some nice interaction with some of the other members given he seems to have a short fuse like original Logan had.

I do think Ms Sinister left him behind on purpose. It would have been to easy to recapture him just to let him walk off with the O5. I'm guessing he will be an unwitting pawn of Ms Sinister.

The lost memories of his could involve what happened to the other Ultimate X-Men. Maybe Jimmy was even involved in what Ms Sinister did to the other Ultimate characters when Sinister found them but I would hope not.

Fantastic Member

I would like for laura and daken to have a genuine conversation with jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Now that we have seen Jimmy as a member of Blue team for a couple of issues what do people think of him.

He's starting to grow on me. I'm interested to see him interact with Magneto given who his mother is. And it looks like he could provide some nice interaction with some of the other members given he seems to have a short fuse like original Logan had.

I do think Ms Sinister left him behind on purpose. It would have been to easy to recapture him just to let him walk off with the O5. I'm guessing he will be an unwitting pawn of Ms Sinister.

The lost memories of his could involve what happened to the other Ultimate X-Men. Maybe Jimmy was even involved in what Ms Sinister did to the other Ultimate characters when Sinister found them but I would hope not.
    I think it's a little too early for me to make a call on Jimmy in 616, but in the Ultimate Universe I always thought he was pretty boring. He shows up right after they kill off Logan and is a less interesting not as capable version of his father. I do like that he seems to be more battle hardened now and can hold his own in a fight. I'm always happy to see characters from the Ultimate Universe pop up
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I wasn't to fond of Jimmy in UU either. He was one of the things that helped drive me away from the ultimate line to the point I have almost no memory of the Ultimate Universes final days. I didn't even like the character when Brian Bendis used him in his All New X-Men. He just seemed boring with no real personality.

I do like the job Bunn is doing with him but it is still early. He's tougher and his loner personality just reads better here. He just seems more like 616 Logan and in a good way. Jimmy is just really starting to grow on me and I never thought I would say that.

But that said we really don't know where Bunn will take the character or how long he will last in the book. He could turn out to be a villain or he could even be used as cannon fodder.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I wasn't to fond of Jimmy in UU either. He was one of the things that helped drive me away from the ultimate line to the point I have almost no memory of the Ultimate Universes final days. I didn't even like the character when Brian Bendis used him in his All New X-Men. He just seemed boring with no real personality.

I do like the job Bunn is doing with him but it is still early. He's tougher and his loner personality just reads better here. He just seems more like 616 Logan and in a good way. Jimmy is just really starting to grow on me and I never thought I would say that.

But that said we really don't know where Bunn will take the character or how long he will last in the book. He could turn out to be a villain or he could even be used as cannon fodder.
    Brian Wood did good character work with the character, making him a pragmatic, and self-aware, soldier. Towards the end of his run, Jimmy came off more as Logan in X-Force mode....but nearly all the time.

Bunn has written Jimmy before in Ultimate Comics Wolverine

I'm interested in Jimmy and in seeing what Bunn will do with him. So far he seems to be retreading familiar ground, though, in not having his memories and being all feral and whatnot. Hopefully he does something a little different with the character soon.

Astonishing Member

I hope they make him the bad guy. He'd be a good villan fpr Laura

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Brian Wood did good character work with the character, making him a pragmatic, and self-aware, soldier. Towards the end of his run, Jimmy came off more as Logan in X-Force mode....but nearly all the time.
    Would you say these books are worth buying. And not just for Jimmy. Are they actually good books to read. I kind of gave up on the series with Spencer and the tried to return with Wood and couldn't. Maybe I gave up to soon on the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm interested in Jimmy and in seeing what Bunn will do with him. So far he seems to be retreading familiar ground, though, in not having his memories and being all feral and whatnot. Hopefully he does something a little different with the character soon.
    September solicitations for X Men Blue seem to suggest that Jimmy will get his memories back. This could be where Bunn starts to make Jimmy different from original 616 Logan if he stays with the team.

It could also be that Jimmy turns villain here.

Fantastic Member

I just hope jimmy and laura eventually do have a face to face conversation and that we just more of jimmy in the future.

Wood had an amazing run. However if you have read all the Ultimate X-Men books before he took over a lot of characters are written "out of character." The most glaring is Jean Grey. Despite this it is definitely worth reading even as a stand alone run.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wood had an amazing run. However if you have read all the Ultimate X-Men books before he took over a lot of characters are written "out of character." The most glaring is Jean Grey. Despite this it is definitely worth reading even as a stand alone run.
    Thank you for info.