Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default 2000 AD Collected Editions

Ok, let's do it. My love for this publisher is just getting bigger and bigger so I've decided it's time to create thread for all things 2000 AD. They have lots of content, 40 years of history, tons of awesome books. I know it's mostly US based forum but it's even better: it's time to show those US folks who really moves all that business forward with ideas. I'm Polish and I love UK publisher and all that tongue in check approach. Forget Marvel, forget DC, it's 2000 AD attack!

Please post whatever you want about 2000 AD.

Fantastic Member

Well, thanks to you I just ordered the first Charley's War volume. I believe that's 2000AD no?

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Well, thanks to you I just ordered the first Charley's War volume. I believe that's 2000AD no?
    Think it was published by Titan by it's written by Pat Mills, master brain behind 2000 AD.

Fantastic Member

Ah ok. Sounds good either way. I was in the market for a WWI comic...

Yeah Charlie's War is from Battle Picture Weekly predated 2000 AD by a couple years, but several big 2000 AD creators did work on Battle. Charley's War is an incredible read really well done nice to have it all collected in hardcover form. They have been doing a great job with the collections of 2000 AD for a while now, Complete Case Files is basically half way through and has every Dredd in order. They have been doing some great hardcovers Dan Dare, Cursed Earth Uncensored, and Ro-Busters. Even IDW have done a couple classic reprints in color that are great hardcover full color stories. Daily Dredds is another great hardcover collecting the new paper strips from Wagner and Grant.

I have all of the American edition Complete Case Files as well as the Cursed Earth Uncensored hardcover.

I wish I would've gone with the UK Complete Case Files instead though...the trade dress overall looks cooler and the USA versions went and screwed up the spines starting with vol. 12

I just received my copy of John Wagner/Alan Grants The Last American hardcover.
    Nice little collected edition. Cant wait to crack into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I have all of the American edition Complete Case Files as well as the Cursed Earth Uncensored hardcover.

I wish I would've gone with the UK Complete Case Files instead though...the trade dress overall looks cooler and the USA versions went and screwed up the spines starting with vol. 12
    What number are they up to with the American ones? Very true about the spines the US got short end of the stick with that. Book Depository is a great site to get the UK stuff with free shipping to the states. If you have not check out the Daily Dredd (by Wagner/Grant) hardcover they got 2 volumes good reads not tied into the main series, they are a decent bit smaller height wise compared to trades, but it is a nice hardcover collection and has some stories that have never been reprinted.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    What number are they up to with the American ones? Very true about the spines the US got short end of the stick with that. Book Depository is a great site to get the UK stuff with free shipping to the states. If you have not check out the Daily Dredd (by Wagner/Grant) hardcover they got 2 volumes good reads not tied into the main series, they are a decent bit smaller height wise compared to trades, but it is a nice hardcover collection and has some stories that have never been reprinted.
    Vol. 13 was released a couple of months ago

Thanks for creating this thread Ivizzz!

Hachette Partworks UK is currently doing a trial for another newsstand 2000AD ultimate hardcover collection that will propose 2000 AD material outside the Dreddverse.
    That will look like this http://www.2000adcollection.com/.
    I have managed to put my hand on the first issue via ebay collecting Sláine The Horned God (my 15th copy of the story!). It is a nice built book (sewn binding) with a small editorial section.
    http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2017/0...32-slaine.html
    And it will cost £1.99 when the collection will be launched!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Hi, I'd appreciate some help. Is the Judge Dredd The Cape and Cowl Crimes tpb worth getting? Or is it mediocre?
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-15-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post

Hachette Partworks UK is currently doing a trial for another newsstand 2000AD ultimate hardcover collection that will propose 2000 AD material outside the Dreddverse.
    I have managed to put my hand on the first issue via ebay collecting Sláine The Horned God (my 15th copy of the story!). It is a nice built book (sewn binding) with a small editorial section.
    Neat! Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I just received my copy of John Wagner/Alan Grants The Last American hardcover.
    Nice little collected edition. Cant wait to crack into it!
    Lucky you, it's sold out, I missed it. Would you post some pics, please?

It's coming, guys. Tons of extras about best publisher in the market. Watched main feature some time ago, it's great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0724YT35J

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post

No problemo.

And it's lvizzz, with letter L.