Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2000 AD Collected Editions

Ok, let's do it. My love for this publisher is just getting bigger and bigger so I've decided it's time to create thread for all things 2000 AD. They have lots of content, 40 years of history, tons of awesome books. I know it's mostly US based forum but it's even better: it's time to show those US folks who really moves all that business forward with ideas. I'm Polish and I love UK publisher and all that tongue in check approach. Forget Marvel, forget DC, it's 2000 AD attack!

Please post whatever you want about 2000 AD.

Fantastic Member

Well, thanks to you I just ordered the first Charley's War volume. I believe that's 2000AD no?

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Well, thanks to you I just ordered the first Charley's War volume. I believe that's 2000AD no?
    Think it was published by Titan by it's written by Pat Mills, master brain behind 2000 AD.

Fantastic Member

Ah ok. Sounds good either way. I was in the market for a WWI comic...

Yeah Charlie's War is from Battle Picture Weekly predated 2000 AD by a couple years, but several big 2000 AD creators did work on Battle. Charley's War is an incredible read really well done nice to have it all collected in hardcover form. They have been doing a great job with the collections of 2000 AD for a while now, Complete Case Files is basically half way through and has every Dredd in order. They have been doing some great hardcovers Dan Dare, Cursed Earth Uncensored, and Ro-Busters. Even IDW have done a couple classic reprints in color that are great hardcover full color stories. Daily Dredds is another great hardcover collecting the new paper strips from Wagner and Grant.

I have all of the American edition Complete Case Files as well as the Cursed Earth Uncensored hardcover.

I wish I would've gone with the UK Complete Case Files instead though...the trade dress overall looks cooler and the USA versions went and screwed up the spines starting with vol. 12

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Daily Dredds is another great hardcover collecting the new paper strips from Wagner and Grant.
    I second this, I am a big fan of the Daily Dredds even though it's in b&w. They even include previously uncollected strips.

Stan

Default Nemesis the Warlcok

Can anyone tell me where do I go in the series after completing the Deviant Edition of Nemesis?

I know it was a collection of the colored Eagle reprints, but I am unsure if I need to purchase the Complete Nemesis Volume One to pick up where the Deviant Edition leaves off or if I can simply go on to Volume 2.

For future 2000 AD titles it appears that Rebellion's Essential-like releases are my best bet if I want to read a character's appearances in order of creation, but I am a bit put off by the "cheaper" quality of the Essential format and would prefer better produced editions.

That being said does anyone know of a website containing the reading order of 2000 AD books by charchter?

If it doesn't have the big tacky volume number on the spine or cover I get so easily confused ;-)

Thanks
    -Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 05-31-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Can anyone tell me where do I go in the series after completing the Deviant Edition of Nemesis?

I know it was a collection of the colored Eagle reprints, but I am unsure if I need to purchase the Complete Nemesis Volume One to pick up where the Deviant Edition leaves off or if I can simply go on to Volume 2.

For future 2000 AD titles it appears that Rebellion's Essential-like releases are my best bet if I want to read a character's appearances in order of creation, but I am a bit put off by the "cheaper" quality of the Essential format and would prefer better produced editions.

That being said does anyone know of a website containing the reading order of 2000 AD books by charchter?

If it doesn't have the big tacky volume number on the spine or cover I get so easily confused ;-)

Thanks
    -Stan
    Looking at the deviant edition it may not contain book 4 material that is in the first vol of the complete trade, but I do not have a copy so I cannot confirm. To see the stories with each character go to the wiki link below and if you click on a character it should have all the trades for them listed on the individual wiki pages. The 2000 AD shop on the official website is also pretty good place to look as you can look at books under different characters there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._AD_characters

Any one else pick up One-Eyed Jack? Love that Rebellion is reprinting these old Wagner.

Hachette collection will be extended by another 10 books! **** yeah.

and the 2000 AD Hachette collection will soon has an official launch!