Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Daily Dredds is another great hardcover collecting the new paper strips from Wagner and Grant.
    I second this, I am a big fan of the Daily Dredds even though it's in b&w. They even include previously uncollected strips.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hachette Partworks UK is currently doing a trial for another newsstand 2000AD ultimate hardcover collection that will propose 2000 AD material outside the Dreddverse.
    That will look like this http://www.2000adcollection.com/.
    Good lord that is beautiful. I've never read any 2000AD outside Dredd (which I love). Anything specific in here that someone like me would like?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you have not check out the Daily Dredd (by Wagner/Grant) hardcover they got 2 volumes good reads not tied into the main series, they are a decent bit smaller height wise compared to trades, but it is a nice hardcover collection and has some stories that have never been reprinted.
    I think they'd be a good way to get into Dredd if you aren't -- although if you're reading this thread you probably are -- because each strip is a one page story that introduces aspect of the megacity universe in small digestible pieces. Loan it to people and get them into it =).

Judge is right that it is not tied in to the real progs so you don't need to have read those, however I do believe they are in continuity because even in the '80s they will reference some of the fallout from the major events in the main series.

Seriously you can't go wrong with Wagner and Grant on Dredd. And the artist is super talented with what he is able to achieve in the space he is given. The quality of the reprint is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Hi, I'd appreciate some help. Is the Judge Dredd The Cape and Cowl Crimes tpb worth getting? Or is it mediocre?
    I have the same question. Pretty much all the Dredd I've read has been from the new stories, so I don't have any knowledge going backwards from prior to this decade basically except for the odd classic. The description of this sounded fun but I am aware it can be hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I second this, I am a big fan of the Daily Dredds even though it's in b&w. They even include previously uncollected strips.
    What's wrong with b&w?

Good lord that is beautiful. I've never read any 2000AD outside Dredd (which I love). Anything specific in here that someone like me would like?
    If your a Dredd fan then its worth checking out Wagner & Ezquerras other major contribution; Strontium Dog.

Id also recommend Nickolai Dante and Slaine.

Theres tonnes of great stuff though. Its hard to go wrong.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 04-21-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    If your a Dredd fan then its worth checking out Wagner & Ezquerras other major contribution; Strontium Dog.

Id also recommend Nickolai Dante and Slaine.

Theres tonnes of great stuff though. Its hard to go wrong.
    Some great suggestions, I think Strontium Dog is the best book they have ever done just great read. Very happy with the Dan Dare hardcovers they have done also really good. As for the cape stuff been a while since I read them, but if it Wagner/Grant it will be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What's wrong with b&w?
    something must be considering they take the time to color them now and re-release them as remastered editions

something must be considering they take the time to color them now and re-release them as remastered editions
    because it sells better probably. There is nothing wrong with b&w if the art was made to be b&w and the artist has a talent constructing the panels in a way that they are just as easily readable as a coloured page.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    because it sells better probably. There is nothing wrong with b&w if the art was made to be b&w and the artist has a talent constructing the panels in a way that they are just as easily readable as a coloured page.
    I very much agree with what you are saying about readability of black and white work being colored. Also 2000 AD does not go back and recolor the work, all the Dredd, ABC, Dare, Ro-Buster hardcovers from the last few years they are all black and white except for the 1 splash page that was originally in color. For Dredd they only did it recently for re-release of Case File 1, before that 1 - 10 maybe even 11 were all black and white even the colored splash pages.

He may be refering to the IDW remastered editions of Apocalypse War and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    It's coming, guys. Tons of extras about best publisher in the market. Watched main feature some time ago, it's great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0724YT35J
    Thanks for the link lvizzz, as owner of the dvd initial version I am sold for this new one just for the extended 84 min interview of Pat Mills.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

Exclusive brand new interview with Steve MacManus (25 mins)
    Extended chapter featurette: Cheap Entertainment The Appeal of comics (9 mins)
    Extended chapter featurette: Judge Dredd (13 mins)
    Extended chapter featurette: Dredd 2012 True in Spirit (13 mins)
    Extended chapter featurette: 2000AD Vs the USA (15 mins)
    2000AD Strip featurette: Bad Company / Peter Milligan (5 mins)
    2000AD Strip featurette: Tharg s Future Shocks / Various (8 mins)
    2000AD Strip featurette: Rogue Trooper / Dave Gibbons & Cam Kennedy (7 mins)
    2000AD Strip featurette: Slaine / Pat Mills (11 mins)
    2000AD Strip featurette: Strontium Dog / Carlos Ezquerra (5 mins)
    Art Jam How to draw Dredd & Nemesis by Jock & Henry Flint (4 mins)
    Pat Mills visits Kings Reach Rower (6 mins)
    In the Soundtrack Studio with Justin Greaves (4 mins)
    Extended interview with Pat Mills (84 mins)
    Extended interview with Grant Morrison (33 mins)
    Extended interview with Neil Gaiman (17 mins)
    Extended interview with Dave Gibbons (47 mins)
    Extended interview with Karen Berger (33 mins)
    Blooper Reel (2 mins)
    Teaser Trailer
    UK Launch Trailer
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jock.
    FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector s booklet

Hachette jut sent me Vols 2-4 of the test editions of the 2000AD Ultimate Collection for free!
    Says theyve put the series on pause whilst they gauge the interest. Fingers crossed they see fit to launch it, theyre nice looking books.

Haven't read any 2000AD in years, are the likes of Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog and Robo-Hunter still going or is it all new characters now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Haven't read any 2000AD in years, are the likes of Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog and Robo-Hunter still going or is it all new characters now?
    Strontium Dog has had new stories over the past 10 years from Wagner. They have stories in Rogue Troopers world that have new characters, but Jaegir has been a good book from that universe. Lots of new stuff, but it has been pretty good I would say they are very much doing a real good job at this point.