Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    For realz! And it's a shame too, because while the trucker hat is awful, if you took it away and gave him a hood, his current costume would be one of his all time best.
    Doesn't it actually have a hood? I recall it did in one of Booth's character designs .

Roy's costume is god-dang awful, but I think the worst part are the goggles.

I hope that if Abnett does a Roy-centric arc it's him going shopping and getting a good sense of style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't it actually have a hood? I recall it did in one of Booth's character designs .
    no hood.jpg

No hood as far as I can tell.

He does have as nice an ass as Nightwing's in this shot though.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

I hope that if Abnett does a Roy-centric arc it's him going shopping and getting a good sense of style.
    I'm kinda "meh" on goggles or shades becoming the go-to looks for archers.

I'd take face-masks or domino masks over those anyday.
    no hood.jpg

No hood as far as I can tell.

He does have as nice an ass as nice as Nightwing's in this shot though.
    I swear there was a character sheet for Roy when DC was releasing all the Rebirth designs that showed this suit had a hood, though that could've just been an earlier version that Booth didn't go with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

I personally like the suit itself, especially compared to EVERYTHING he wore in the Nu52, but yeah, the goggles suck. It's not even like goggles are a bad design choice in concept; Jack Knight made them work amazingly! These are just poorly designed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I still talk to a few of the people I went to high school with. I even hang out with a couple of them now and then. But I dont take them to work with me. The Titans used to be about these sidekicks and young heroes having a place to get away from their mentors, or otherwise having no where else to go. Now its just a never-ending class reunion.

But what could an "adult, next-gen" Titans team be? What would their purpose be? Ive never been able to come up with a satisfactory concept.
    Hell if I know what the team's in-universe purpose should be, but to give the book its own identity they should aim for "Friends" with super-heroes. Play up the early 20s lifestyle aspect and the fact that they're all buddies, not just co-workers.

I personally like the suit itself, especially compared to EVERYTHING he wore in the Nu52, but yeah, the goggles suck. It's not even like goggles are a bad design choice in concept; Jack Knight made them work amazingly! These are just poorly designed.
    Not to mention Catwoman with her cat-goggles...

Not too much...

> I do like the new Superman book, but its so convoluted. I don't even know how the 'real' Superman died, who some of these characters are (the little girl with the bat), and really how this old Superman survived.
    > Supergirl was just a bland. If I want to watch the tv show I would do that (and I'm not).
    > Wonder Woman is spinning around in circles, whereas the Superman book at least prodded his story forward. The story itself is mostly good, but its bogged down by a need to 'rectify continuity.'

I honestly haven't read anything else.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Attachment 48137

A good answer can be found in the bottom right panel, there.

And the Fab5 aren't just high school buddies. They're family. THAT'S why they stay together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree with all of that.

I still talk to a few of the people I went to high school with. I even hang out with a couple of them now and then. But I dont take them to work with me. The Titans used to be about these sidekicks and young heroes having a place to get away from their mentors, or otherwise having no where else to go. Now its just a never-ending class reunion.

But what could an "adult, next-gen" Titans team be? What would their purpose be? Ive never been able to come up with a satisfactory concept.
    Yeah, I've said this before, but Titans needs to be about the future and taking action to stop oncoming threats. JL is all about reacting to threats, Titans should be way more proactive. That's a simple distinction that would make Titans' missiom more than just being a generic Manhatan-based superteam.
    Tie this with Starfire mentoring the TT as a way to protect the future generation and both Titans books also win another thematic link.

I've enjoyed most of it, but if I had to pick one thing... It would be that the old universe is not completely back.
    Superman is still living in the New 52 universe,etc and it's obvious whereas other characters are from the new 52, but
    have been made to seem like they are the pre 52 versions of the character (see: Batman). They just need to bring back the pre 52 world and be done with it....

- Roy Harper can't move past the trucker hat.
    Yeah, that's pretty awful now that you mention it...lol Just wear a hood or robin esque hat already cause the baseball hat does not work at all.

Booth posted his redesign for the Titans on twitter and Roy was supposed to have a hood but he had to change it again because DC wanted something else. I think it was this picture I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Booth posted his redesign for the Titans on twitter and Roy was supposed to have a hood but he had to change it again because DC wanted something else. I think it was this picture I'm not sure.
    Yeah, this is what I was talking about, thanks .

Man, it looks so much better with a hood .

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    They do look interesting, though.

Do you know a character I want rebirth who will 99% certainly not be rebooted. Bart Allen's cousin XS from the LoS, cause her interaction with Bart was great.

Though we kinda need Bart back first.

Also yeah I prefer the hooded look.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown