Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Exclamation Spider-Men II teaser?

Just saw this in Twitter minutes ago, and then CBR reported it.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/852997417481981953

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-drops-spid...-teaser-image/

So, we will see the Miles Morales of what was Earth-616?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm kind of long past the point of caring about this sequel or the answer to that revelation, but if it gives us more insight into exactly how Miles fits into 616, that might be interesting.

I'm with you there. I think the ship has kinda sailed on this story already.

BANNED

Yeah, there's been about a gajillion "Spider-Men" stories courtesy of Spider-Verse, the animated Ultimate Spider-Man series etc...I always thought the first one was kind of overrated, and it still bugs me 616 Peter did'nt meet the original Ultimate Peter (who was resurrected not long after anyway)

I'm interested to finally see who 616 miles is. Maybe Miles arrival wiped him out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of long past the point of caring about this sequel or the answer to that revelation, but if it gives us more insight into exactly how Miles fits into 616, that might be interesting.
    Yeah, like...

http://nerdist.com/spider-men-ii-wil...rales-at-last/

SPIDER-MEN II WILL UNITE PETER PARKER AND MILES MORALES AT LAST! (EXCLUSIVE)
    Of course, since Miles now lives in the main Marvel universe, “Miles and Peter are dealing with each other more often.” Bendis said, “The legacy that Peter started as Spider-Man is in his face a little bit more. When [Peter] started being Spider-Man, he didn’t have the idea that other people would pick up the mantle. This premise, this theme, gets analyzed from different perspectives, and Miles and Peter are at the center of that.”

In addition to finally revealing Peter Parker’s Google search results, Bendis divulged that Spider-Men II explores the emotional impact of the first series, which dealt with “growing up looking at someone else’s legacy, trying to achieve what they’ve achieved.” It’s an issue that haunts many of us and, perhaps as a result, pervades much of Marvel’s output today; for instance, Ms. Marvel starts out as a devoted superhero fan before getting her own superpowers. In this self-awareness lies the problem of living up to one’s own legacy, both on the page and behind the scenes. How do you follow a story like Spider-Men, the impact of which still reverberates throughout the Marvel universe?
    Seriously, is this a freaking joke? It's like Marvel Comics has become the Bendisverse and things don't even need to make sense to exist anymore. Spider-Men is happening so Spider-Man can meet Miles Morales and they team up... like they've been doing since I don't know, Spider-Men? And after that Spider-Verse? And after that in Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Deadpool and Miles comic? Serioulsy, just make this thing stop. The reason for Spider-Men 2 to exist is to answer who is Miles Morales in the 616 universe when Miles Morales already exists in the 616 universe? Seriously. Gah. I just can't Marvel. I can't. The least I hope for is to Bendis make sense out of Miles Morales in the 616 universe, but dragging Spider-Man into this and calling an event seems cash grabbing and another attempt to reignite Miles Morales sales, just like Miles and Gwen fling was.
    Last edited by ijacksparrow; 04-17-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Yeah, like...

Seriously, is this a freaking joke? It's like Marvel Comics has become the Bendisverse and things don't even need to make sense to exist anymore. Spider-Men is happening so Spider-Man can meet Miles Morales and they team up... like they've been doing since I don't know, Spider-Men? And after that Spider-Verse? And after that in Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Deadpool and Miles comic? Serioulsy, just make this thing stop. The reason for Spider-Men 2 to exist is to answer who is Miles Morales in the 616 universe when Miles Morales already exists in the 616 universe? Seriously. Gah. I just can't Marvel. I can't. The least I hope for is to Bendis make sense out of Miles Morales in the 616 universe, but dragging Spider-Man into this and calling an event seems cash grabbing and another attempt to reignite Miles Morales sales, just like Miles and Gwen fling was.
    I'm not sure what you're upset about nothing he said seems to be that big of a problem?

I'm still looking forward to this and Sara art is seriously amazing.

"Miles and Peter are dealing with each other more often." Since when? Outside a few issues in ASM and Miles' first two issues, we've barely seen them together .

I would appreciate getting to see Peter examine his legacy as Spider-Men since we have all these various Spiders running about but they, and their presence in 616, usually doesn't reflect or impact on Peter at all. There's also the question of how Miles' integration into 616 worked as far as him becoming the second Spider-Man.

Though the way Bendis words the story makes this sound more like a Miles-centric story with Peter in tow as a sidekick or supporting co-star, which isn't necessarily a wrong way to go about it (even though I'm tired of seeing Peter in a sidekick role), but not really what I want to see out of a Spider-Men II story. But I guess I'll see how Bendis handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're upset about nothing he said seems to be that big of a problem?
    I'm upset because the very idea of the book doesn't make sense. So Peter and Miles are teaming up... like they've been doing lately for a good while. So we are about to find out who Miles is in the 616 universe... when he is already in the 616 universe. Why Civil War II is a thing? Why Spider-Men 2 is a thing? When Marvel Comics will go back to be Marvel Comics and stop being Bendisverse when things don't even need to make sense in order to exist? I mean, if this finally makes Miles Morales to make sense, great. But why isn't that a Miles Morales comic again? Oh yeah, because Bendis need to use Spider-Man in order to sell his "creation". If at least this gives Miles purpose to exist in the 616 and maybe create his own legacy beyond Spider-Man's shadow, that's a good thing. But as long as Bendis is anywhere near Marvel Comics I find it very hard to see that happening.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Miles and Peter are dealing with each other more often." Since when? Outside a few issues in ASM and Miles' first two issues, we've barely seen them together .

I would appreciate getting to see Peter examine his legacy as Spider-Men since we have all these various Spiders running about but they, and their presence in 616, usually doesn't reflect or impact on Peter at all. There's also the question of how Miles' integration into 616 worked as far as him becoming the second Spider-Man.

Though the way Bendis words the story makes this sound more like a Miles-centric story with Peter in tow as a sidekick or supporting co-star, which isn't necessarily a wrong way to go about it (even though I'm tired of seeing Peter in a sidekick role), but not really what I want to see out of a Spider-Men II story. But I guess I'll see how Bendis handles it.
    Since Bendis created Miles it has been like this and I'm sick of it. He uses Peter Parker AND Spider-Man's name to sell his character. There's literal no reason for this book to exist outside Miles own book, simply because it is a Miles Morales comic, not really a Spider-Man one. This isn't about Peter Parker, it isn't about Spider-Man. This is about Bendis selling his character. Again. And again. People don't understand where legitimate hate over Miles Morales character comes from. That's the reason why. You don't see stunts like that happening with Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jane and Thor, Cho Hulk and Banner Hulk. It's a Bendis thing, to always try to use Spider-Man and Peter Parker as a ladder to his character. The beauty about Ms. Marvel, Jane Thor and even Cho Hulk is that they can all stand on their own. As long as Miles is written by Bendis and Marvel keep allowing gimmicks like this, he will always be a character with less remaining power than those I've listed before.
    Pull list:

BANNED

I couldn't care less about this. No interest whatsoever in Miles or his interaction with Pete. The less the better. Just being honest. good for everyone who likes Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Why Spider-Men 2 is a thing?
    People have been asking for a Spider-Men sequel since the first one so of course they are going to make one if there is demand.

But why isn't that a Miles Morales comic again? Oh yeah, because Bendis need to use Spider-Man in order to sell his "creation". If at least this gives Miles purpose to exist in the 616 and maybe create his own legacy beyond Spider-Man's shadow, that's a good thing. But as long as Bendis is anywhere near Marvel Comics I find it very hard to see that happening.
    He's not using Spider-Man, Miles is Spider-Man and has been for 6 years. If you're not interested in Spider-Men more power to you but there's no need to downplay Miles when you can just ignore the event all together.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    People have been asking for a Spider-Men sequel since the first one so of course they are going to make one if there is demand.

He's not using Spider-Man, Miles is Spider-Man and has been for 6 years. If you're not interested in Spider-Men more power to you but there's no need to downplay Miles when you can just ignore the event all together.
    Nah. Miles Morales is Miles Morales. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. If he is called Spider-Man or have a book called Spider-Man that doesn't make him Spider-Man. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Period. And I'm not ignoring it because Spider-Man is my favorite character in all fiction, and while I think that there's potential in Miles Morales, Spider-Man he is not, and he will never be able to completely go solo as long as Bendis is writing the book. Let's see how that "demand" goes.
    Pull list: