Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Remember the Reign of the Superman storyline way back when?

If you don't, when Superboy first appeared, he insisted on people calling him Superman almost violently. When the real Superman finally returned, there was a scene where somebody called him Superman, and he just went "Nah. That guy over there is Superman. Just call me Superboy." I really think Miles needs a scene like that. If you want to keep him around, give him his own name. Have him acknowledge, "that guy over there is Spider-man. Call me (whatever he wants to call himself.)"
    Pretty much all of this. Also, with Miles accepting his own mythology and corner in Marvel Comics, he will finally be able to stand on his own and be a better character for that. It's a shame that Spider-Boy's name is co-owned by both Marvel Comics and DC Comics if memory serves me well. It'd be the perfect alter ego for Miles:

Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Spider-Men ended on a cliffhanger. People wanted to see that cliffhanger resolved until the universes merged and it became moot. There's no mystery anymore. Who is the 616 Miles? Who cares? There's no 616 universe anymore.
    Hence why I can't belive Spider-Men 2 is actually about that. Something tells me that Sony won't call the animated film Spider-Man, since that's Spider-Man: Homecoming. The way that interview in Nerdist is worded leads me to think that Spider-Men 2 might result in Miles finally starting to forge his own legacy, instead of living under Spider-Man's shadow.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I bet 616 Miles is similar to this Miles:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/miles-morales-aa472a4a/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait, so is this the generations book we are getting with miles and Peter or is this seperate?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I recently reread all of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter and Miles), which included Spider-Men. I forgot all about the cliffhanger, but then again, Spider-Men came out back in 2012; 5 years ago. Since then, we've had AvX, Marvel NOW, Superior SM, Age of Ultron (when Bendis broke time), Cataclysm, Peter's return from the dead on ASM (Spring 2014) and Peter's return from the dead on USM (Winter 2014), Time Runs Out, Secret Wars, ANAD, Marvel Now 2.0. Bendis, Bruh... the moment has passed a LONG time ago. Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorspidey View Post
    Wait, so is this the generations book we are getting with miles and Peter or is this seperate?
    Yep, we are still getting a separate Generations issue focused on Peter & Miles, also written by Bendis, at the same time Spider-Men II is going on. That I will agree may be a bit too much for some people.

Although supposedly, based on some rumours on what it's about, it'll be Miles interacting with a young Peter from the past, and it's just a one-off so it's not exactly the same, but yeah, it's just bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yep, we are still getting a separate Generations issue focused on Peter & Miles, also written by Bendis, at the same time Spider-Men II is going on. That I will agree may be a bit too much for some people.

Although supposedly, based on some rumours on what it's about, it'll be Miles interacting with a young Peter from the past, and it's just a one-off so it's not exactly the same, but yeah, it's just bad timing.
    TWO issues from Generations and this. "Spider-Men finally reunited!". Yay. It's just Bendis finding the next gimmick to keep Miles book not falling below 30k. At this point, not even trying very hard to be optimistic I can see something good coming out of this.
    Pull list:

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I personally like to see Miles as a Spider-Man. While Peter is just the first Spider-Man.

iMan 42s

Nothing is wrong with two Spider-men. Miles is a legacy character (and likely conceived as one) so it's not a big deal for him to be Spider-man, and it's by no means unheard of in comics for two or more of the same identity to be running around.

I'm excited for Spider-men though. Even if a little late on following up the 616 Miles situation, Spider-men didn't really require an all that in-depth understanding of either universe and could be taken on it's own. Bendis really can do what he wants.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Oh look...Typical Bendis fashion; a Spider-Man, and in this case BOTH spider-men, have their masks off and are in a tough spot. Oh what's this? miles coming to save the day with a Venom Blast? You don't say. Yawn.

Anyhow, random stupid thought - maybe that new guy with the weird hair that just appeared in ultimate Spider-Man is the 616 miles. Otherwise who gives a damn?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Otherwise who gives a damn?
    While I agree that the length of time between this and the first one, plus intervening developments have largely dissipated interest, I'm guessing there would still be a fair number of readers who do give a damn and are willing to give this a shot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It just seems that going from Spider-man meets Ultimate Spider-man, Spider-girl, Japanese Spider-man, cowboy Spider-man, Spider-girl, Auncle Ben Spider-man, Gwen-Spider-girl, steam-punk Spider-woman, Spider-man 2099, and about 800 other Spider-men to just Spider-man meets Ultimate Spider-man is a huge step back.