Astonishing Member

Default Vault Comics (Heathen, Powerless, Fissure, Colossi, Alien Bounty Hunter)

Anyone checking out books from this new company?

They're doing some interesting creator owned stuff, giving their creators a lot of room to tell their story, and the quality and originality of the books reflects it.

The actual paper stock is also amazing. Some of the highest quality 'feeling' comics I've ever seen.

Check 'em!

www.vaultcomics.com

Ive bought everything so far but am behind on my reading and so have only read the first issues of Heathen and Fissure.
    Both were pretty good though. Im looking forward to checking out more.

And yeah, the cover and paperstock put the like of Marvel and DC to shame.

Heathen is super hot right now, I missed #1 & #2, and couldn't get #3 added to my pull because my lcs said that Vault can't keep up with supply and demand. Initial orders were low, all copies went quick, now its a wait and see game. I'll most likely get my copies off EBay. I also emailed my lcs about Failsafe #1, haven't got a response yet.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Apparently the problem has been (at least in part) on the Diamond end of things -- they messed up the shipping codes, so a lot of their orders just weren't even being shipped. You should check back in a couple of weeks, places will be more flush with copies of everything I think once it gets sorted (apparently everyone involved is on top of it).

Glad people are checking these out! Karma Police, I think, is a lot of fun, too. I hear their next bunch of titles is being announced in a few weeks as well, lookin' forward to that.

Mighty Member

Default Vault Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Anyone checking out books from this new company?

They're doing some interesting creator owned stuff, giving their creators a lot of room to tell their story, and the quality and originality of the books reflects it.

The actual paper stock is also amazing. Some of the highest quality 'feeling' comics I've ever seen.

Check 'em!

www.vaultcomics.com
    I agree and after posting on Fissure got behind on posting on Heathen which is quite different from other Norse mythology themed comics and has great story and art from it's creator. The colourist is doing a fantastic job as well. Thanks for mentioning this line because I don't have the budget to get them all.
    Last edited by alton; 04-15-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I agree and after posting on Fissure got behind on posting on Heathen which is quite different from other Norse mythology themed comics and has great story and art from it's creator. The colourist is doing a fantastic job as well. Thanks for mentioning this line because I don't have the budget to get them all.
    Totally! All the books have a pretty clear artistic vision, which is nice, but none moreso than Heathen, which is from a writer/artist.

Heathen I'll be picking up once it hits issue #5; I bought the first four issues (and the first printing of the trade) and, much as I like it, I'm not putting down money for the same material a third time.

Powerless looks interesting, and I'll also be getting Alien Bounty Hunter because a friend of mine is the artist.

Astonishing Member

Nice. Nick's a great artist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Totally! All the books have a pretty clear artistic vision, which is nice, but none moreso than Heathen, which is from a writer/artist.
    Fissure #2 finally shipped and it was worth the wait. Don't forget to check it out everybody. I was going to mention it earlier but got way behind in May and June.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Fissure #2 finally shipped and it was worth the wait. Don't forget to check it out everybody. I was going to mention it earlier but got way behind in May and June.
    A great book from a great team!

I humbly submit you check out MY upcoming Vault book, MAXWELL'S DEMONS, out Oct 11th!

https://www.newsarama.com/35035-vaul...citations.html

Talking about it, and showing some early art for it, Here:

http://community.comicbookresources....-Comics-in-Oct!

and on my twitter acct, @mdesaad

Hope you'll give it a shot!

BANNED

Heathen is great.

As unlikely as it is to happen, Natasha Alterici is my top pick to succeed Aaron on Thor.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I just got the first issue of Alien Bounty Hunter today. It's like a really cool mashup of Agents of Shield, Burn Notice, and Men in Black. Can't wait for the next issue.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I rely on Valiant for my "super-heroes" fix and Vault for my Indies enjoyment. I honestly love everything they do, except for Karma Police which just isn't my kind of thing. The only negative comments I can dream up: lots of their books come out late, and though they have wonderful card-stock covers and slick paper, their books literally stink -- as in they have some weird chemical that's used in the ink or paper. Now if they could make them smell like vanilla or bacon....