Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More Humans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No More Humans

Is this still scheduled to come out next week?

I'm really curious where it will fall in continuity because both Rogue and Nightcrawler are in it. I'm not expecting much but I am picking this up when it's released.

I know it says Post BOTA and we have not seen Rogue in anything post BOTA yet in continuity. And it makes Rogue not being at Nightcrawlers welcome back party even more odd if both Nightcrawler and Rogue are around post BOTA like this book suggests.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-01-2014 at 09:17 PM.

BANNED

Rogue's status and where UA falls within the rest of continuity is an ongoing question, one that will probably continue into September. With these editors, her existence could just be a mini error.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Rogue's status and where UA falls within the rest of continuity is an ongoing question, one that will probably continue into September. With these editors, her existence could just be a mini error.
    I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have this graphic novel retconned eventually. Or just parts of it retconned. I'm not expecting much from this Graphic Novel. Hopefully it exceeds my expectations though. Obviously Rogue and Nightcrawler are not major players in it. I doubt they are more than just background characters. We'll see. Kitty is with Cyclops team in it. So it seems to have the teams right. But if Rogue was around..I don't know if she would be staying at the Jean Grey school like the trailer to this implies. Or maybe she is just visiting from the Avengers mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have this graphic novel retconned eventually. Or just parts of it retconned. I'm not expecting much from this Graphic Novel. Hopefully it exceeds my expectations though. Obviously Rogue and Nightcrawler are not major players in it. I doubt they are more than just background characters. We'll see. Kitty is with Cyclops team in it. So it seems to have the teams right. But if Rogue was around..I don't know if she would be staying at the Jean Grey school like the trailer to this implies. Or maybe she is just visiting from the Avengers mansion.
    To be sincere, the future we saw in battle of the atom is more canon to the timeline than uncanny avengers.

Is this still scheduled to come out next week?

I'm really curious where it will fall in continuity because both Rogue and Nightcrawler are in it. I'm not expecting much but I am picking this up when it's released.

I know it says Post BOTA and we have not seen Rogue in anything post BOTA yet in continuity. And it makes Rogue not being at Nightcrawlers welcome back party even more odd if both Nightcrawler and Rogue are around post BOTA like this book suggests.
    Please post your thought after reading it. I'm very interested in what the story is all about but I'll have to wait for the review to make sure it won't be a waste of money.

Have any X-writers ever stated what's going on with Rogue right now? If she's disappeared because she's dead then why didn't anyone mention anything in any X-books?

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    Please post your thought after reading it. I'm very interested in what the story is all about but I'll have to wait for the review to make sure it won't be a waste of money.

Have any X-writers ever stated what's going on with Rogue right now? If she's disappeared because she's dead then why didn't anyone mention anything in any X-books?
    In the X-Books...I think they are just in a wait and see mode. They may have an idea about Reminder's plan but i doubt they know everything. My guess is thats why her death hasn't been mentioned in X-Men Vol 4 where Wood had to write her out. Rachel made one comment a few issues ago "I'm still hoping we get Rogue back". Didn't mention her being dead. You could say Wood implied it though.

Ill be sure to write a review if nobody else does.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-01-2014 at 10:23 PM.

In the X-Books...I think they are just in a wait and see mode. They may have an idea about Reminder's plan but i doubt they know everything. My guess is thats why her death hasn't been mentioned in X-Men Vol 4 where Wood had to write her out. Rachel made one comment a few issues ago "I'm still hoping we get Rogue back". Didn't mention her being dead. You could say Wood implied it though.

That's way too casual to take about a dead friend, she might as well talked about someone who's on vacation..

Or write one anyway to give a second (or third, or forth..) opinion..

That's way too casual to take about a dead friend, she might as well talked about someone who's on vacation..

Yep. That's why i think they are just waiting it out in the x-books till Rogue is brought back to life in Uncanny Avengers.

And how they are supposed to know that she is dead ?, and anyways, the current arc of uncanny avengers isnt supposed to be six years after the earth was destroyed, and wasnt rogue killed just before earth was destroyed ?

I'm not sure I want to see what it is about, the new graphic novel that is. I'm afraid what they might come up with and that it might have no impact at all at the current X-Men history. As for Uncanny Avengers and Rogue... I think everybody is just waiting for that whole story to re retconned and we'll be back where it all started - having no meaning at all. nuff said.

That might have been a simple reference to her joining the Unity division = leave of absence from JGS for a while ? Plus, UA is centered around a time-travel plot, so there are a lot of things that might be reverted back to their previous status quo at the end of this arc - including the deaths.
    Anyway, this OGN will probably be a stand-alone story, I'm not sure it will be a riveting point in 616 continuity nor acknowledged in any other serie currently being published, both in and outside the X-verse.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I have it pre-ordered and am looking forward to reading it...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Calling it right now:

The whole thing will have approximately zero impact on the x-verse's overall narrative. The x-cast will spend most of the book standing around and arguing until they decide to make use of MagikBus' abilities. They'll deem the ordeal so tedious they'll pretend it never happened the next time they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Calling it right now:

The whole thing will have approximately zero impact on the x-verse's overall narrative. The x-cast will spend most of the book standing around and arguing until they decide to make use of MagikBus' abilities. They'll deem the ordeal so tedious they'll pretend it never happened the next time they meet.
    Which means it will have about the same impact on other titles as 90% of the current X-Books. So I'll still be getting just because Mike Carey tells a good story.

BANNED

I see no issue for concern regarding Mike Carey being excited about writing REAL X-Men. :3