Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Humans

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So its the same characters as usual. It may end up being some chest beating match between the 3 but I hope not. I trust Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Dang it, Carey was actually gushing over Iceman, lol. It's even worse then I remembered.

Long story short, odds are that mucho panel time will be wasted on many, many characters who will bring very, very little to the book's moral dilemma. I mean, generic mavericks and goody-two-shoes affiliated with the warm, fuzzy faction? You quite literally get those for a dime at the JGS. The only thing these folks bring to the table is their power set, really. Not something to be particularly stoked about, imo.
    It depends on how you look at it. The story is about mutants dealing with a world without humans and should they come back or not. And what better characters, both who have been heavily affected by there mutancy, Kurt has been victimized several times for his outward mutation while Rogue has had to pretty much lead a hermits life due to her powers and perhaps hurting humans. I would like to see how they deal with it than Cyclops and Wolverine and Magneto for the millionth time. Plus Kurt and Rogue are two of the most popular X-Men on CBR and MU characters in general. They beat out Cyclops and Magneto. And whats wrong with him gushing over Iceman? He did a great Iceman and his Bobby/Sam interactions were quite popular on here. You could do a lot worse than Carey. I have nothing against this being Scott/Logan/Magneto focused but its about time Marvel stop being so exclusive in the X-Men and include other X-Men. It would be nice to see other characters added for focus.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-02-2014 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

I don't get people who will only read an X-Men story if it ''matters''. If it's a good story with fun characterization, that's all i care about.

I hope Emma get's plenty of page time. I always enjoyed Carey's Emma. Also, if Magneto is still with Scott it must take place right after BOTA.
    Last edited by Optic Rage!; 05-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I don't get people who will only read an X-Men story if it ''matters''. If it's a good story with fun characterization, that's all i care about.

I hope Emma get's plenty of page time. I always enjoyed Carey's Emma. Also, if Magneto is still with Scott it must take place right after BOTA.
    I'm of the same feeling. I never got that sort of thinking. If its a good story involving all these characters then whats so bad? There may actually be interaction between the X-Men without them having constipation fits around each other for the first time in years. The Scott/Logan exchanges will have more of a chance at having depth under Carey. Thats worth a lot right there.

BANNED

None of it ''matters'' at the end of the day, if that's the way look at it. You know, considering Marvel will 100% reboot the universe in the next 10 years.

Well given that teen cyclops can only be seen in a very early poster, maybe this takes part after the trial, and maybe magneto is just in the team because he is as intrigued as cyclops and wolverine abou the whole thing.

EDIT: So i guess we have to wait and see what happens.

None of it ''matters'' at the end of the day, if that's the way look at it. You know, considering Marvel will 100% reboot the universe in the next 10 years.
    Reboot ? since when Marvel reboots its universe, i think you are confusing Marvel with DC or reboot with retcon.

I'd say that if there's one thing that could ruin this, it's if Carey decides to devote more than a page or two towards the Gold and Blue teams squabbling. Everyone's sick to death of that, and it's present in every single X-Men book.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I'd say that if there's one thing that could ruin this, it's if Carey decides to devote more than a page or two towards the Gold and Blue teams squabbling. Everyone's sick to death of that, and it's present in every single X-Men book.
    Yes x 1000!

BANNED

I fearfully agree...I personally think this is where the whole "We have broken time" from the AOU is heading toward. Not so much a reboot as a deep retcon of the universe.This will be an event soon (1-3 years). It may not change the characters as much as past events changing their attitudes and characterizations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I haven't noticed it in X-Force, All New X-Factor, and X-Men Adj.

BANNED

I feel that it's inevitable at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Yes x 1000!
    The OGN's are all supposed to be cannon (as much as there really is cannon in the current Editorial offices), it must take place prior to the TOJG. I think I read though that this event brings Magneto back to the team to face a common threat in an interview with Carey. He would only comment on a few characters as Nightcrawler is in the book as well as the teleporter but he had not yet been officially been reborn yet. Trying to figure out timelines in current MU requires too many various PhD's.

Spectacular Member

It looks very interesting, but sadly I saw Kid Gladiator. I really can't stand "characters" like that.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Question about NO MORE HUMANS. If mutants are also consider humans. Why haven't they too disappeared? I will always love them, but it makes The Purifiers ta;l about mutants not being human seem kinda true.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Is this still scheduled to come out next week?

I'm really curious where it will fall in continuity because both Rogue and Nightcrawler are in it. I'm not expecting much but I am picking this up when it's released.

I know it says Post BOTA and we have not seen Rogue in anything post BOTA yet in continuity. And it makes Rogue not being at Nightcrawlers welcome back party even more odd if both Nightcrawler and Rogue are around post BOTA like this book suggests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    In the X-Books...I think they are just in a wait and see mode. They may have an idea about Reminder's plan but i doubt they know everything. My guess is thats why her death hasn't been mentioned in X-Men Vol 4 where Wood had to write her out. Rachel made one comment a few issues ago "I'm still hoping we get Rogue back". Didn't mention her being dead. You could say Wood implied it though.
    I'm sure that Rogue will appear normally in x-books as soon as UA story is done. They took her out of all x-books suddenly when she was killed in UA to make people think that it has more impact than it actually does. The problem is that they did it with her but not with any other characters that appear in other books but they have solos and are big Avengers characters so they couldn't do it, Rogue on the other hand is "just" an x-character who appeared in only one x-book along side other characters. Nightcrawler and Rogue both appearing in this confirms that. I think Rachel's comment was just Wood's meta way of acknowledging that fans had asked him about it and he was aware of it but couldn't do anything about it since Brevoort or someone said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    It is written by Mike Carey. That automatically makes it more important than anything else currently being published.
    Agreed!
    Me neither, but apparently to many it's all that matters and unless it's "important" or "matters" they won't read it, that's why we don't have any alternate universe books either anymore and at best Marvel releases one What If...-mini once a year.