Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: No More Humans

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Mutants are humans, the same way Sapiens are humans as well.
    As far as Marvel is considered, they're a different species. You can debate how little sense that makes all day, but it's not nearly the dumbest science in the comics.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    As far as Marvel is considered, they're a different species. You can debate how little sense that makes all day, but it's not nearly the dumbest science in the comics.
    Well, it must be selective then at marvel. Cullen Bunn just referred magneto as human in his recent interview today. (I doubt he was being funny either)

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Well, it must be selective then at marvel. Cullen Bunn just referred magneto as human in his recent interview today. (I doubt he was being funny either)
    Yeah, but in the "he's only human" way. "He's only mutant" would have sounded weird in an interview.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    To me a world with only mutants would result in a world like the one they are trying to change. Omega mutants could consider themselves above the rest, and bam a caste system is born. Or mutants that have mutations like Beast or Beak would be seen as less favorable. Some thoughts.
    I could definitely see that happening.
    Like many comic fans I used to come up with my own comic ideas or What If stories invoving already created characters. Usually the X-Men.
    One of my ideas (this was about 10 or so years ago) was a story called X-Men: Utopia.
    Believe it or not it was about all the mutants settling on an island. LOL.

Basically the United X-Men and Brotherhood turn Genosha into a nation for mutantkind and call it Utopia.
    Years after Utopia is created an almost caste like system has crept in.

The Ruling Council is formed almost entirely of Omega Mutants.
    Mutants with more tactical powers form most of the police/military.
    And as you mention, animal like mutants are discriminated against.

In fact after a number of attacks by animal like mutants the story was to have mandatory psychic scans of all animal mutants to ensure they're instincts weren't overriding rational thought.

So yes, I can definitely see your line of thinking here.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

Yeah, but in the "he's only human" way. "He's only mutant" would have sounded weird in an interview.
    Not really, cause it would support the idea of how magneto see's himself. Putting yourself in magneto's head and shoes... that wouldn't sound weird at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    To me a world with only mutants would result in a world like the one they are trying to change. Omega mutants could consider themselves above the rest, and bam a caste system is born. Or mutants that have mutations like Beast or Beak would be seen as less favorable. Some thoughts.
    That would be interesting. Sort of like what Remender is currently doing by having his "council" in the current UA arc.
    This would be a cool vision of the X-men and there are some I could see immediatly going for a seat at the head of the table. Storm is always proclaiming how powerful she is (although depending upon the writer/title, she may or may not be an Omega), calling herself goddess and the like, she would surely try and become one of the Pantheon (not falming the chacrater, but she quotes her status often).
    It would be interesting to see in current X-world whom would want to be a dictator and whom would be a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Not really, cause it would support the idea of how magneto see's himself. Putting yourself in magneto's head and shoes... that wouldn't sound weird at all.
    Weird as in no one says that. I've seen writers refer to aliens as "being only human" in interviews.

Either way, interviews don't count, until they stop claiming mutants are a separate species in the comics, that's what they'll be.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Weird as in no one says that. I've seen writers refer to aliens as "being only human" in interviews.

Either way, interviews don't count, until they stop claiming mutants are a separate species in the comics, that's what they'll be.
    Ahh, but see marvel stated "mutants are a seperate species" in an interview as well so.... going off that logic of yours....

On the fence about this. The positive part is that Carey is writing it but the negative aspect is that future Brotherhood being involved.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I could definitely see that happening.
    Like many comic fans I used to come up with my own comic ideas or What If stories invoving already created characters. Usually the X-Men.
    One of my ideas (this was about 10 or so years ago) was a story called X-Men: Utopia.
    Believe it or not it was about all the mutants settling on an island. LOL.

Basically the United X-Men and Brotherhood turn Genosha into a nation for mutantkind and call it Utopia.
    Years after Utopia is created an almost caste like system has crept in.

The Ruling Council is formed almost entirely of Omega Mutants.
    Mutants with more tactical powers form most of the police/military.
    And as you mention, animal like mutants are discriminated against.

In fact after a number of attacks by animal like mutants the story was to have mandatory psychic scans of all animal mutants to ensure they're instincts weren't overriding rational thought.

So yes, I can definitely see your line of thinking here.
    X-Factor ended up on a planet full of mutants with a caste system like than in the "Judgement War"(X-Factor first series #43-50) The totally human looking ones were called "The Chosen", the ones with non-human appearances were called "The Rejects", and the ones who could shift between the two forms were called "Duelers".

BANNED

It is loaded digitally now as a Nook Book...there are some ok moments.
    The art is a mixed bag. Some thoughts:
    spoilers:
    Story is ok, a cannon story taking place mainly on Earth with multiple dimensions represented...
    The divisions stand...it does appear to take place after current ANXM issue.
    Many characters at least get a panel or 2 of action. Ray, Triage, Tempus, Psylocke, Iceman.
    No interaction between X-23 and Raze.
    Tyke is not present.
    NuX are lowly represented save Hank and Jean. They have big parts.
    Jean does not go pink and fluffy but she is very powerful and efficient with her powers.
    Emma borrows Jeen's tp...there seems to be a relationship now.
    Jeen meets Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix from new reality and they merge with the Phoenix together..then Jeen let's go of the power and Cyclops has a "moment" rubbing her cheek and telling her he knows the reason the O5 are in the present.
    Triage can officially raise the dead.
    end of spoilers
    The art is decent, some good, some great, some really bad.
    spoilers:
    Rays scars are warpaint in the middle of her cheeks and are poorly represented. Storm's eye are brown until the last panel or two. The young women have grown ass woman bodies (makes the Cyke/Jeen scene less awkward though). NuBeast has a weird chin/head thing going on. Triage looks like a trollkin doll.
    end of spoilers
    The voices sound good, the writing is solid.
    I did not want to throw in too many spoilers but a few keys points
    Story 8
    Pencil art 8
    Inking 7
    Color 7
    Art team overall 7
    Got it for $5.00, not upset for the price...I would not have paid $24.99 for it. Not a review(I didn't see the rule on 9:00am reviews and not my intent) just observations to hopefully help someone decide on picking up the title or not.
    Last edited by Daymare; 05-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Was I right about Nightcrawler and Rogue not having huge parts?

Also, I'm glad it takes place after the last All New X Men issue. Means it's in continuity.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-06-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    It is loaded digitally now as a Nook Book...there are some ok moments.
    The art is a mixed bag. Some thoughts:
    Story is ok, a cannon story taking place mainly on Earth with multiple dimensions represented...
    The divisions stand...it does appear to take place after current ANXM issue.
    Many characters at least get a panel or 2 of action. Ray, Triage, Tempus, Psylocke, Iceman.
    No interaction between X-23 and Raze.
    Tyke is not present.
    NuX are lowly represented save Hank and Jean. They have big parts.
    Jean does not go pink and fluffy but she is very powerful and efficient with her powers.
    Emma borrows Jeen's tp...there seems to be a relationship now.
    Jeen meets Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix from new reality and they merge with the Phoenix together..then Jeen let's go of the power and Cyclops has a "moment" rubbing her cheek and telling her he knows the reason the O5 are in the present.
    Triage can officially raise the dead.

The art is decent, some good, some great, some really bad.
    Rays scars are warpaint in the middle of her cheeks and are poorly represented. Storm's eye are brown until the last panel or two. The young women have grown ass woman bodies (makes the Cyke/Jeen scene less awkward though). NuBeast has a weird chin/head thing going on. Triage looks like a trollkin doll.
    The voices sound good, the writing is solid.
    I did not want to throw in too many spoilers but a few keys points
    Story 8
    Pencil art 8
    Inking 7
    Color 7
    Art team overall 7
    Got it for $5.00, not upset for the price...I would not have paid $24.99 for it.
    Thanks for the review.

A few questions:
    1. Does it have a self-contained story with it's own built-up and the real ending?
    2. Does it have any REAL effect in the real continuity? Do people who skip this book miss anything significant?
    3. How is the character interaction? Any OOC moments?
    4. Does it feature the X-teams from blue side and gold side equally?
    Last edited by Anis; 05-06-2014 at 11:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    Thanks for the review.

A few questions:
    1. Does it have a self-contained story with it's own built-up and the real ending?
    2. Does it have any REAL effect in the real continuity? Do people who skip this book miss anything significant?
    3. How is the character interaction? Any OOC moments?
    4. Does it feature the X-teams from blue side and gold side equally?
    spoilers:
    1. It does. Ending is decent, no status quo changes.
    2. A reader could skip it, no character changes. It may be referred to based on the ending for one of the antagonists and some events, but it is not a necessary read. There may be a teammate spoiler for Uncanny based on viual representation. No true continuity effects, imo).
    3.Character interaction is good, it will make you wish the Schism was over. All characters are less angsty and angry, they all get along well. Magneto wasn't so much OOC as he is back IN character...
    4.I would say all larger characters get a good beat in the story, even newer characters. All the big guns have equal moments and handled respectfully (again imo). It really is an "all-hands" kind of title, even if a few only put their fingers in
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Daymare; 05-07-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    spoilers:
    1. It does. Ending is decent, no status quo changes.
    2. A reader could skip it, no character changes. It may be referred to based on the ending for one of the antagonists and some events, but it is not a necessary read. There may be a teammate spoiler for Uncanny based on viual representation. No true continuity effects, imo).
    3.Character interaction is good, it will make you wish the Schism was over. All characters are less angsty and angry, they all get along well. Magneto wasn't so much OOC as he is back IN character...
    4.I would say all larger characters get a good beat in the story, even newer characters. All the big guns have equal moments and handled respectfully (again imo). It really is an "all-hands" kind of title, even if a few only put their fingers in
    end of spoilers
    Thanks a lot! I like what you've told me so far. It seems to be a fun little story.

I probably wait for TP though.