Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Sunspot Appreciation

Roberto DaCosta is one of my favorite superheroes, I've been in love with him since I started reading The New Mutants last year, he has a cool power set, a great design and an interesting character development over the years. What do you think about him?

977d46ea512519e005773d41ff0baaec.jpg
    Last edited by andresdavidmr; 04-15-2017 at 05:15 PM.

He's such an unexplored enigma. I feel like whilst's Sunspot's arguably recieved the most development out of all the NM next to Illyana, there are so many facets of his being that have yet to be explored. I developed a strong affinity for him during John Francis Moore's X-Force amidst the late 90s'. I like how, out of all the New Mutants, his is the most robust and humbling of character journeys. I like that he's matured from the haughty, opinionated and sometimes crass student that bemoaned the possibility of becoming his father, to this almost sagely, calculating and tactical protector of the people.

I like that he's the most intertwined with the New Mutants, having developed close relationships with all them (perhaps except for Illyana) to a degree. I really enjoyed his relationships with Siryn in JFM's X-Force.

I somewhat wish that a writer would touch upon the fact that Juliana is alive though, only in someone else's body.

Love him.

He and Magma need to get together!

bobbyterri.jpg
    terrybobby.jpg
    paybobby.jpg

I miss Terry and Bobby's friendship.

I miss him in the X books. Moore's run was definitely one of the best times. We saw a lot of character development.

I started to like of Sunspot because of X-Men Evolution, when start reading comics and find out that he was brazilian like me I took a extra interst on him.

Do you guys have some good stories with him to sugest me?

I think he was pretty cool on New Avengers.

Loved him in the old days, before they turned him into the poor man's Human Torch.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He and Magma were the ones with the least focus for years. But now as head of an Avengers team. He is the New Mutant who got the highest status at the moment. Though I would love to see him use his powers again.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Sunspot was always cool to me...if u think about he is actually pretty powerful.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I started to like of Sunspot because of X-Men Evolution, when start reading comics and find out that he was brazilian like me I took a extra interst on him.

Do you guys have some good stories with him to sugest me?
    Look for John Francis Moore and Adam Polina's run. It was late 90's X-Force.

Loved him in New Avengers, Roberto's become the poster child for X background characters being treated better outside the X-verse.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Get Al Ewing on a New Mutants title. He clearly knows his stuff and is one of the only writers to remember that Sunspot can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Roberto DaCosta is one of my favorite superheroes, I've been in love with him since I started reading The New Mutants last year, he has a cool power set, a great design and an interesting character development over the years. What do you think about him?

977d46ea512519e005773d41ff0baaec.jpg
    Is this seriously the first Sunspot appreciation thread? Because I can't believe it's been this long before someone created one! Sunspot was epic!

I loved his original form - solid black, with the yellow glow, and black sun spots... and what I loved was that he had limits... he had to charge up like a battery (from the sun)... and the fact that when he was in his Sunspot form, he wasn't invulnerable (like most super strong characters) - a bullet would still puncture him. (Although I always had this idea that if any single force tried to strike him with enough speed, it'd enter some dark dimension that Sunspot was composed of).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Is this seriously the first Sunspot appreciation thread? Because I can't believe it's been this long before someone created one! Sunspot was epic!

I loved his original form - solid black, with the yellow glow, and black sun spots... and what I loved was that he had limits... he had to charge up like a battery (from the sun)... and the fact that when he was in his Sunspot form, he wasn't invulnerable (like most super strong characters) - a bullet would still puncture him. (Although I always had this idea that if any single force tried to strike him with enough speed, it'd enter some dark dimension that Sunspot was composed of).
    I was wondering as well. Thought there must be one. How on earth did no one start one before?

I really loved the Eclipse version of Roberto in Age of X. It seemed there he was used to his full powers.

I love that he is now A-status. But why do they not use him powered up and to his real protection.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"