Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that moving Cannonball and Sunspot to the Avengers was a mistake? I hate what they did with both characters and wish they had just remained with the X-Men
    I agree Cannonball and sunspot could've been the next Xavier and Magneto instead of Tony Stark and captain America

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I agree Cannonball and sunspot could've been the next Xavier and Magneto instead of Tony Stark and captain America
    I hate that Cannonball just became generic. Giving him a wife and child has done nothing for his character, not to mention they've completely ignored his leadership capabilities. With US Avengers seemingly ending, I really hope he gets back to the character I know and love.

And you're totally right about Sunspot being a Tony Stark wannabe. Why did he become a leader and of AIM of all things. So stupid. Return him to the X-Men ASAP

Sunspot's become a Tony Stark wannabe??? Does everyone not realize that he's been rich since forever. This isn't even the first time he's been in charge of something, like with his father's business then, at the same time, became Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club. While he wasn't as ruthless as his father, they both were into business and wealth so Roberto buying out AIM and leading them as Supreme Leader. This isn't out of nowhere like Parker Industries, this is natural character growth for DaCosta.

I dare anyone to tell me why this is OOC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sunspot's become a Tony Stark wannabe??? Does everyone not realize that he's been rich since forever. This isn't even the first time he's been in charge of something, like with his father's business then, at the same time, became Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club. While he wasn't as ruthless as his father, they both were into business and wealth so Roberto buying out AIM and leading them as Supreme Leader. This isn't out of nowhere like Parker Industries, this is natural character growth for DaCosta.

I dare anyone to tell me why this is OOC.
    Perhaps the wrong wording here. I just don't find him to be a particularly capable leader, and I found him giving orders strange, especially since he was depicted as more important than Cannonball. I'd much prefer him back to basics. I liked him with the New Mutants, but I've found him and Sam to be out of character and very different to how I interpret them. With US Avengers seemingly ending, I'm just expressing my opinion in that I hope they return to their roots as members of the mutant community.

Perhaps the wrong wording here. I just don't find him to be a particularly capable leader, and I found him giving orders strange, especially since he was depicted as more important than Cannonball. I'd much prefer him back to basics. I liked him with the New Mutants, but I've found him and Sam to be out of character and very different to how I interpret them. With US Avengers seemingly ending, I'm just expressing my opinion in that I hope they return to their roots as members of the mutant community.
    Roberto's definitely a capable leader, it just so happened that most of the New Mutants were filled with leaders. But he's given out orders before and since he's the one that bought out AIM, of course, he'd be more important than Sam. But if US Avengers does end, I'd also like him to return back to the X-Men but hopefully under Ewing's pen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Roberto's definitely a capable leader, it just so happened that most of the New Mutants were filled with leaders. But he's given out orders before and since he's the one that bought out AIM, of course, he'd be more important than Sam. But if US Avengers does end, I'd also like him to return back to the X-Men but hopefully under Ewing's pen.
    I think given the direction he's been taken, he's certainly been proven as a capable leader, but I would say that both Sam Guthrie and Dani Moonstar have better leadership qualities. Of all X-Men characters to pull over to the Avengers, I'm not so sure they were the right choices. I would much rather have seen Beast or Dazzler repping the mutants amongst the Avengers. And I think it's pretty much a certainty that it is ending, and it's only a matter of time until Sam and Roberto are used again, given they're in the upcoming New Mutants film. I would rather Al Ewing didn't write those characters, or anything X-Men related, as there are few Marvel titles of his I've been fond of. I hope to see a New Mutants book again at some point, hopefully written by Zeb Wells or Dan Abnett with art by Leonard Kirk and/or David Lopez. That's my personal hope

Keep in mind though that this is simply my opinion, and I by no means am disregarding yours, but am just clarifying what I think. My interpretation of how I envision Roberto is just different than yours

It's not ending any time soon. September solicit was the first issue of a new arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not ending any time soon. September solicit was the first issue of a new arc.
    Huh. I actually completely missed that in the solicits. I still don't see it lasting all that long as I believe it was said somewhere that its sales weren't great. It'll probably go for another few issues, but I don't see it lasting beyond that.

If it ends in December it will have lasted a full year. That sounds about right to me, assuming The Search For Sam is a three or four issue arc.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I hate that Cannonball just became generic. Giving him a wife and child has done nothing for his character, not to mention they've completely ignored his leadership capabilities. With US Avengers seemingly ending, I really hope he gets back to the character I know and love.

And you're totally right about Sunspot being a Tony Stark wannabe. Why did he become a leader and of AIM of all things. So stupid. Return him to the X-Men ASAP
    THIS IS AN APPRECIATION THREAD RIGHT?
    Is it really ok to come in here and call the title character "a wannabe" and deride his leadership skills
    compared to characters you'd prefer were getting the push he's getting?
    Comic book characters tend to grow in scope and Power he's not a 14 year old boy being kicked around in a soccer field or one of cables ranked and chosen Soldier children anymore.
    However every single person on that team was groomed and military style for leadership period leadership is a power not a personality trait so try to consider it a power up and be thankful that he's getting such a massive push even if they race bent him to do it. It sounds like the character you claim to have loved has grown up into a brilliant man and a leader probably all the training he got from Gideon + Cable.
    Kinda It sounds like you should Maybe be in a different thread with that type of Outlook.

The one thing I don't like about all these changes is something about him no longer being an external and that it was secretly Cannonball all along. That was a Savage depowering if that's the case. Aside from a few issues this is an awesome development for the character.
    I always thought since I was a kid because of how his powers work that he would eventually become something like the X-Men's version of Superman. Especially when the whole reignfire Saga happened. Honestly though it was really cool to see him use his wealth for something other than that background fluff.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 06-21-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    THIS IS AN APPRECIATION THREAD RIGHT?
    Is it really ok to come in here and call the title character "a wannabe" and deride his leadership skills compared to characters you'd prefer were getting the push he's getting?
    Comic book characters tend to grow in scope and Power he's not a 14 year old boy being kicked around in a soccer field or one of cables ranked and chosen Soldier children anymore.
    However every single person on that team was groomed and military style for leadership period leadership is a power not a personality trait so try to consider it a power up and be thankful that he's getting such a massive push even if they race bent him to do it. It sounds like the character you claim to have loved has grown up into a brilliant man and a leader probably all the training he got from Gideon + Cable.
    Kinda It sounds like you should Maybe be in a different thread with that type of Outlook.

The one thing I don't like about all these changes is something about him no longer being an external and that it was secretly Cannonball all along. That was a Savage depowering if that's the case. Aside from a few issues this is an awesome development for the character.
    I always thought since I was a kid because of how his powers work that he would eventually become something like the X-Men's version of Superman. Especially when the whole reignfire Saga happened. Honestly though it was really cool to see him use his wealth for something other than that background fluff.
    If you had read the entirety of my comments perhaps you'd better understand where I'm coming from. I don't dislike Roberto as a character at all, I'm just expressing my opinion that I'm not the biggest fan of the US Avengers and connected arcs, as it was a big shift in my interpretation of the character. He has certainly changed since his New Mutants days, it just so happens to be in a direction I'm not that fond of. Apologies if my opinion clashing with yours is a personal offense. Despite your implication, I do appreciate Sunspot, but was just voicing my opinion regarding him a leader of an Avengers team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post

HA you blew it Marvel. I'll never support anything you don with my money
    Fox marvel did this.
    Not Disney marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-21-2017 at 06:34 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

If you had read the entirety of my comments perhaps you'd better understand where I'm coming from. I don't dislike Roberto as a character at all, I'm just expressing my opinion that I'm not the biggest fan of the US Avengers and connected arcs, as it was a big shift in my interpretation of the character. He has certainly changed since his New Mutants days, it just so happens to be in a direction I'm not that fond of. Apologies if my opinion clashing with yours is a personal offense. Despite your implication, I do appreciate Sunspot, but was just voicing my opinion regarding him a leader of an Avengers team.
    I read the entirety of your comments that why I said something. Im thinking maybe u need to read the entirety of your comnents and figure out why calling him a wannabe tony stark and deriding his leadership role might irk someone in his appreciation thread. Your opinion is valid but misplaced, and if you dislike the direction of character in the Us avengers... well thr us avengers is a place thats gonna be better recieved. I don't like it either in someways ... but Sunspot IS awesome. WAS awesome. And again every single person on cable's xforce is more thab ready for leadership. He made awesone soldiers so its definitely in character for him to use.... wealth, business acumen, training frilom Gideon, soildering skills, fighting ability, training from Cable and powers to do something like buy AIM. Thats actually fantastic character growth.
    None of your opinions have been taken personally, you havent list a friend or anything so no bad blood... i was just saying. In other news I want him to come back and lead a new xmen blue team. Hes one the best suited replacements for Cyclops if xmen are ever going to moce forward.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Fox marvel did this.
    Not Disney marvel.
    you're right.
    Disney Marvel did this KKraJye.jpg

BANNED

The artist Joe Mad draws a great Sunspot imo.