Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Greg Capullo!!!

X-Force #20 Mar 1993
    "Assault on Graymalkin"
    Earth Orbit
    A new Stark Enterprise satellite is about to be launched and turned online.
    As the shuttle sends the satellite into orbit, it suddenly hits an unseen object in space and ricochets into space.
    The shuttle team is astonished to see a gigantic ship uncloak in front of them.

Washington, D.C.
    Henry Gyrich meets with Val Cooper and asks for her help in dealing with the appearance of this new ship.
    She tells him that this is way out of the jurisdiction of X-Factor.
    He tells her that it is believed to be Cable's ship and she immediately tells him to get SHIELD involved.

SHIELD Helicarrier
    Bridge demands to be brought back in now that this ship of Cable's has appeared. Fury wonders why he left SHIELD in the first place.
    He also makes a deal to give SHIELD something for allowing him to be brought onto the team. Fury contacts James Rhodes at Stark Enterprises.
    He tries to demand that SHIELD be allowed to enter the ship but Rhodey tells him that the ship was discovered by talking out his satellite in space.
    This allows him the salvage rights and he wants to tag along to enter the ship along with SHIELD.

Camp Verde
    X-Force tries to get adjusted to their new base. Lila Cheney has brought them a communication array and they are working on fixing it.

When they finally do they hear a report of the discovery of this ship.
    They immediately believe it is Graymalkin, Cable's ship and want to get to it quickly to try to salvage what they can from it. Lila teleports them onto the ship.

Graymalkin
    X-Force arrives and Sam is greeted immediately by the Professor, who he recognizes as "Ship".
    He tries to find out what he can but learns that Ship is now called Professor and seems to not know of any of the occurrences while they knew it as Ship.

They also learn that it was created years into the future.

Norwell, Massachusetts
    Tina tries to convince Vanessa to finally leave her room. She tells her that her hiding has gone on for too long and she needs to come out.
    Vanessa finally agrees, but tells her that she will not like what she sees. Vanessa walks out the door and Tina is surprised to see that Vanessa has morphed into an image of her.

Australian Outback
    In an Australian bar, Domino enters and finds Grizzly drinking alone. She tells him that he needs to help her find Cable's "brat-pack".
    Grizzly tries to tell her no, but Domino persuades him to change his mind and he finally agrees.

Graymalkin
    A SHIELD team is assembled and about to dock with Graymalkin. They suit up and step out of the ship. Bridge immediately gets to work on getting them aboard Graymalkin.
    Inside, X-Force is looking around the ship for weapons and resources. Suddenly, there is a security breach and the team learns quickly that it is SHIELD.
    They confront them and take each of them out. They try to get what they can before reinforcements arrive. They turn to find that War Machine already is there...

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Greg Capullo http://facts.be/guest-archive/greg-capullo/, inks by Harry Candelario.

Astonishing Member

I wonder what's next for CITIZEN V, I mean Sunspot when AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER over with.....And what's next for Cannonball as well........

I didn’t read much of US Avengers. Did Berto display his super-strength much if any? He’s surely not doing it in the Avengers: No Surrender storyline, currently. Just like with Magma, Sunspot have been turned into a Human Torch light in the last ten to fifteen years.

I miss Nicieza’s portrayal of both Sam and Berto, especially Sam. He was supposed to be the next great leader who had Xavier, Megneto and Cable as Mentors. Now he’s back to being the hick who barely knows how powerful he is.

[QUOTE=616MarvelYear is LeapYear;3562598][CENTER]X-Force #20 Mar 1993
    "Assault on Graymalkin"
    Earth Orbit
    As the shuttle sends the satellite into orbit, it suddenly hits an unseen object in space and ricochets into space.

Washington, D.C.
    Henry Gyrich meets with Val Cooper and asks for her help in dealing with the appearance of this new ship.
    He tells her that it is believed to be Cable's ship and she immediately tells him to get SHIELD involved.

SHIELD Helicarrier
    Bridge demands to be brought back in now that this ship of Cable's has appeared. Fury wonders why he left SHIELD in the first place.
    He also makes a deal to give SHIELD something for allowing him to be brought onto the team. Fury contacts James Rhodes at Stark Enterprises.
    He tries to demand that SHIELD be allowed to enter the ship but Rhodey tells him that the ship was discovered by talking out his satellite in space.
    This allows him the salvage rights and he wants to tag along to enter the ship along with SHIELD.

Camp Verde
    X-Force tries to get adjusted to their new base. Lila Cheney has brought them a communication array and they are working on fixing it.

They immediately believe it is Graymalkin, Cable's ship and want to get to it quickly to try to salvage what they can from it. Lila teleports them onto the ship.

Who else had a crush on all of the guys the way Greg Capullo drew them? I mean really

[QUOTE=Alphaxman;3588228]
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    [CENTER]X-Force #20 Mar 1993
    "Assault on Graymalkin"
    Earth Orbit

Washington, D.C.

SHIELD Helicarrier

Camp Verde

Who else had a crush on all of the guys the way Greg Capullo drew them? I mean really
    Lol I love Bertos Kirby dots, his charming smile showing through his powered form and curly hair.....#swoon
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I didn’t read much of US Avengers. Did Berto display his super-strength much if any? He’s surely not doing it in the Avengers: No Surrender storyline, currently. Just like with Magma, Sunspot have been turned into a Human Torch light in the last ten to fifteen years.

I miss Nicieza’s portrayal of both Sam and Berto, especially Sam. He was supposed to be the next great leader who had Xavier, Megneto and Cable as Mentors. Now he’s back to being the hick who barely knows how powerful he is.
    Well in today’s issue of Avengers Roberto says that pushing his powers to their limit will put him on Hulk level though such a strain runs the risk of killing him.

I wonder if that'll happen. The U.S.Avengers are already down three members (Red Hulk was depowered and the Enigma and Iron Patriot armors destroyed), but losing their leader as well...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well in today’s issue of Avengers Roberto says that pushing his powers to their limit will put him on Hulk level though such a strain runs the risk of killing him.
    Ugh this annoys the shite outta me
    GrindrStone(D)

I effing LOVE Roberto. I dunno about this maxing out to Hulk level (I haven't read it yet) BUT..... I do love me some Sunspot.

What a cop-out. Why must he have restraints on his powers? And get that gray out of his hair! And stop drawing him with highlights and no Kirby dots when he's powered-up! And bring back his round nose and darker complexion! DAMMIT!

Sorry, got a little hot there for a minute.

He still suffers from the effects of Black Bolt's peanuts cloud.
    It makes his powers go berserk and go beyond their limits. But it also kills him.
    The only think that prevents that and keeps his powers to normal level is the device Toni built for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    What a cop-out. Why must he have restraints on his powers? And get that gray out of his hair! And stop drawing him with highlights and no Kirby dots when he's powered-up! And bring back his round nose and darker complexion! DAMMIT!

Sorry, got a little hot there for a minute.
    Quoted for truth
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    He still suffers from the effects of Black Bolt's peanuts cloud.
    It makes his powers go berserk and go beyond their limits. But it also kills him.
    The only think that prevents that and keeps his powers to normal level is the device Toni built for him.
    Not quite. The t-mist made it so his powers went out of conrol and aged him, but he was able to turn them off. The Hydra got their mitts on him. He ended up stuck in his powered up form and Toni's device restored his ability to regulate his power use - though it's still dangerous to use it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not quite. The t-mist made it so his powers went out of conrol and aged him, but he was able to turn them off. The Hydra got their mitts on him. He ended up stuck in his powered up form and Toni's device restored his ability to regulate his power use - though it's still dangerous to use it.
    I've just read the latest CBR.Com's on Sunspot and I see that somebody remember about Sunspot's potential to become incedibly stronger under a powerful sun such as he was when he was on Asgard {with the New Mutants at that time , along with some of the X-Men as well.}......
    t
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 04-17-2018 at 11:20 PM.

I hope they cement this in the X-Men mythos...When it comes to Sunspot Marvel hAs a tendency to water down his character....
    GrindrStone(D)