Incredible Member

Default Fry from Futurama and Captain America switch places

Through some kind of contrived excuse, Phillip J. Fry wakes up from his cryogenic preservation to find himself stuck in the Marvel Universe. Meanwhile, Steve Rogers's body is found in the arctic and dragged back to New York, and kept preserved at Applied Cryogenics until January 1st, 3000. Who does a better job at adapting to their new environment?

R1: Comics Cap

R2: MCU Cap

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Through some kind of contrived excuse, Phillip J. Fry wakes up from his cryogenic preservation to find himself stuck in the Marvel Universe. Meanwhile, Steve Rogers's body is found in the arctic and dragged back to New York, and kept preserved at Applied Cryogenics until January 1st, 3000. Who does a better job at adapting to their new environment?

R1: Comics Cap

R2: MCU Cap
    For Fry, it's basically just like waking up in the time he left, with a slight improvement in technology. He goes back to being a pizza delivery boy until plot contrivance forces him to be relevant somehow. But in a serious world of superheroes, there's not much he'll be good for that the heroes won't already have taken care of by the time he's aware anything has happened.

Comics Cap probably adapts well enough, he seems to be fine wherever he goes. He'll likely find it rather frustrating being in a cartoon future where his heroic actions are likely to be constantly undermined by the sheer goofiness and plot pratfalling of his circumstances. He likely becomes an outer space vigilante Nomad, after briefly working for some military or government agency and getting disillusioned by their incompetence.

Movie Cap probably does the same. Might be a bit more adaptive to the comedy of the situation, but ultimately turns out similar.

Mighty Member

It would be fun to see Cap stuck working in the command of Zapp Brannigan.

Incredible Member

For some reason, I see the Planet Express crew becoming another Avengers (or at least another Howling Commandos).

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Fry physically would be more durable than Cap, and if persuaded by others to take up the hero gig he could do well as a peak human character. His naive and aloof behavior combined with a good heart and simple choices on hard decisions would actually inspire some hero groups(The Champions for sure, possibly X-Men Blue team and others like that.

Cap would absolutely take over Zap Brannigans job and Kiff would rejoice so hard he would explode. Though Cap/Leela would be a good match up to watch over multiple seasons as well. Cap encountering the Ruler of Omacron Persei 8 in search of human horn would be great as well. Bender and Cap would be an odd pairing with hilarious results and I see Bender having a influence in Cap and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Fry physically would be more durable than Cap.
    That is impossible; given that Cap has taken hits from the Hulk/Thor and not died.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    That is impossible; given that Cap has taken hits from the Hulk/Thor and not died.
    Unless you're saying that Cap had Class100 durability, that would likely fall under SMvFL or those two going back pretty much everything because they don't particular want to deal with cleaning Cap-stains of of their hair when he inevitably explodes from a serious ping-ponging.

Isn't Fry's brain so jacked up that telepathy doesn't really work on him?

Something to do with him being his own grandfather?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Isn't Fry's brain so jacked up that telepathy doesn't really work on him?

Something to do with him being his own grandfather?
    Yes, although that happened because he went to a future where time travel is a thing. I'm not sure if that applies in this alternate time line, unless he falls through a worm hole in the Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yes, although that happened because he went to a future where time travel is a thing. I'm not sure if that applies in this alternate time line, unless he falls through a worm hole in the Marvel U.
    Ah missed thing where he ends up waking up in the MU. So that won't be a thing. Knowing him however, he'll make it happen.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Dr. Strange can probably arrange the Past Nastification. Which would need to happen at some point, otherwise Fry wouldn't exist.

That being said, I don't know if his form of telepathic immunity would necessarily work against MCU/MU Telepathy, since it functions by making guys brain incapable of generating a certain wavelength of brainwave that Futurama telepaths read, which might not be effective against stuff like the Mind Gem, Asgardian Magic, or the other types of telepathy that might exist.