Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default If you could change one thing about a character/storyline, what would it be?

We all have read stories where characters are written badly and some outlandish plots have occurred to our dismay. Many times, we wish that things have gone in another direction. What stories or characters do you wish had one thing changed about them?

Me: I would change Cyclops killng Xavier in AvX. Sadly, the poor guy has yet to recover from that act.

That is really bad, but also still recent enough that it can be undone ... like, "Hey! The real characters have been in cocoons on the Moon the whole time, and all of the Phoenix Five were just copies!" Kind of lame obviously, but bam!, Scott's cleared of killing his adoptive father.

I'd go for changing his abandoning Maddie Pryor and baby Cable, way back when. Still think that's the worse bit to compromise his character as a hero. The only problem is, it's so entrenched in canon, at this point.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

World War Hulk Crossover In Ghost Rider: What I would change is have a freakin definitive winner after the Juggernaut Demon Zarathos is in control which no doubt would have been the God like and Boundless Ghost Rider defeating the Green Behemoth World War Hulk.

In comic books and Fiction it's 1 of the worst things to have a fight which usually involves 2 characters, and no outcome for the fight for some lameass reason.
    That's like a nfl game with only 1 quarter is played, or 2 boxers that box for 1 damn round but no freakin winner.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I sort of wish, when they killed Superman in the nineties, he would have stayed dead.

BANNED

Oh Dear God where to begin?

Emma ending up with Cyclops. Ever since that happened she been relagated to girlfriend status
    Talia Head's treatment by Grant Morrison. Went from being an independent woman to shrewish ex-wife who can't move on
    Matt Murdock's cheating on his wife
    Batman's developing an entourage instead of working with a small groupl
    Retcon of Iceman
    I vs. X: I don't like it that the solution that the cloud was destroyed. I wish they had learned to contain the cloud. It would prefer for the Inhumans to remain on earth.
    Captain America in Civil War II. I understand that so much has passed. But it honestly left a bad taste in my mouth about that character.
    X-23 as a prostitute. I am not against it because it is distasteful. The problem I have with it is that the character in Target X (ie. Assertive) doesn’t mesh with the passive doormat in NYX. Further while I am all for tough subject matter. I am not for it when it’s just thrown in to shock people or for the creators lazy way of looking ‘gritty’.

And you know I had to say it...
    Spider-man Brand New Day
    Last edited by Mia; 08-22-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

All of what Rick Remender wrote regarding Captain Britain (Secret Avengers, Uncanny X-Force). He made Brian pompous and arrogant towards others and insecure regarding his powers and who he is. A total character assassination. It's slmost as if Remender decided to create a totally new personality and ignore everything we knew sbout Captain Britain. Anyone who grew up on Captain Britain and got to know who he was pre-Remender and also pre-Excalibur will know him for the humble, courageous and decent man of the people that he is. Here's a really good piece regarding this issue: http://itcamefromdarkmoor.blogspot.c...ptain.html?m=1

Well worth a read if you have a moment.

Also, Matt Murdock cheating on his wife in Brubaker's run. I hated it and it really ruined that run for me. It was wrong and didn't align to Matt's character. A very dark moment in Daredevil's history.

I would change Shazam name back to Captain Marvel.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

The Dark Knight Returns. He kills a man. I understand Batman has killed before but it seemed like it was out of nowhere. When he's put up against the Joker he doesn't do it but he kills a thug earlier. It was to save a baby and that's fine and the idea of it is fine, but I would prefer if Batman didn't kill. That's just me.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns. He kills a man. I understand Batman has killed before but it seemed like it was out of nowhere. When he's put up against the Joker he doesn't do it but he kills a thug earlier. It was to save a baby and that's fine and the idea of it is fine, but I would prefer if Batman didn't kill. That's just me.
    He killed the kidnapper? I thought he wounded him.

Emma cheating on Cyclops with Fish.

Scemma was pretty much the best example of superhero relationships for like 6 years

Cyke's marrige with Jean, Maddie, birth of Cable.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Boisterously Confused

Generally: this whole thing of turning heroes into villains and vice versa.

Specifically: the douceification of Cyclops.

Runner-up: de-tragedizing Magneto by making a protagonist of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    He killed the kidnapper? I thought he wounded him.
    It always looked like that to me. Then in Batman V Superman they take the line "I believe you" before he kills the russian guy so I'm assuming Zack Snyder read it as I did. Could be misinterpreting it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Generally: this whole thing of turning heroes into villains and vice versa.

Specifically: the douceification of Cyclops.

Runner-up: de-tragedizing Magneto by making a protagonist of him.
    I haven't read any of Magneto's stories to know, but I'd probably agree with you. It only works a few times. I didn't like it when Luthor was starting to become a hero in Johns' Justice League. I haven't read recent books but I'm hoping he had a dastardly plan all along. I do love it though when heroes and villains have to begrudgingly work together but not when it's done too much.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Spider Man 1 More Day which is a irrefutable awful story with plot holes you could fly a Rocket through.

Spider Man uses the sensible action allowing May to die respecting her wish so she can be with Uncle Ben in Heaven.

Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch) uses hellfire energy blasts and the chain to choke Venom (Eddiebrock) which defeats the outclassed foe.

This is because it was asinine and nonsensical that the penance stare hugely backfired with Venom able to win. If I recall right it hugely backfired with Ghost Rider knocked out which is asinine, nonsensical, and unbelievable.