Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    hmm It Looks Like Dr Manhattan Gave Eobard a quick and stern Lecture About ripping up that letter
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

That letter was awesome, but it was from an alternative timeline. Its possible that its presence was causing timey-wimey things to happen. Wondering if that somehow weakened Manhattan's ability to crossover.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well, it definitely was a fine issue but I also felt a bit letdown because the preview pages were in the middle and near to the end, so it definitely killed the hype. I also felt that King was trying to squeeze in a lot in one issue, so it felt like reading only 10 pages. I felt like it should've been a supersize special issue to flow with the pace.
    The countdown timing was excellent and kudos to King for that (and I laughed when Batman muttered "Overtime"). The hockey game was there to narrate the situation and was also used to explain what happened to Thawne and the delay of Allen.
    Awesome issue. Can't wait for Flash 21 next week.

Fantastic Member

This is the last issue of this story that I buy. 22 pages and the only thing that happens is the Reverse Flash shows up and beats up Batman. That's it! That's the whole story! Oops! Spoilers.

Fantastic Member

Tom King wants his run to be action focused since the begining, but as a result, the stories often feel too decompressed. Also as someone who has read some material arts manga/manhwa/manhua, I feel the fight choreography of these scenes are not that interesting.

Astonishing Member

Apparently Alan Moore's rights around Watchmen mean that DC don't want to sell anything with the famous bleeding smiley button outside the US. A shame, as I was willing to pay a bit more for the lenticular cover but don't live in the US.

Always Rakzo

Welp, this wasn't bad, is just wasn't particularly good (which is the general consensus for this series for the most part). This issue is pure set-up and for that reason it doesn't have a lot of content nor plot-progression. There's the usual King overwhelming style in the story which can be a bit obnoxious but is not as obtrusive as previous examples. The lack of content in most chapters from this book trying to be compensated with poor action scenes IS obnoxious though. Not a lot to see overall aside from Fabok's artwork which was spectacular.

I'm going to wait for what Williamson does in the next entry though since I'm sure at the very least he will deliver more content considering how he handles things in The Flash.

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed this issue, bit decompressed but it did the job, left me wanting more at the end, typical Barry..too late lol, Props to King on this, I've been enjoying Williamsons' flash so I'm sure next week will good too, can't wait.

Fantastic Member

This issue was great. I can't wait for next week now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Apparently Alan Moore's rights around Watchmen mean that DC don't want to sell anything with the famous bleeding smiley button outside the US. A shame, as I was willing to pay a bit more for the lenticular cover but don't live in the US.
    That's not the case at all. It's because there is a different copyright holder for the smiley image in France than there is elsewhere.

BANNED

This was the first issue I picked up in a while, and BOY, was I reminded why I stopped reading this. Barely anything happened, the fight choreography was generic, and that hockey scene...clearly, King still isn't using any subtly here.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    This was the first issue I picked up in a while, and BOY, was I reminded why I stopped reading this. Barely anything happened, the fight choreography was generic, and that hockey scene...clearly, King still isn't using any subtly here.
    The hockey game in particular left me scratching my head as to why Batman was watching it in the first place. Or at least why on the main monitor of the Bat-computer.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The hockey game in particular left me scratching my head as to why Batman was watching it in the first place. Or at least why on the main monitor of the Bat-computer.
    Because who needs logic when you have SYMBOLISM!!!...or would it be a visual metaphor? XD

BANNED

The Hockey game and the time running reminded me of how "Drive" starts in.

That said, I likely appreciated the narrative experiment of those pages because of the connection I made rather than the story itself. I really don`t care about buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Slow night in Gotham? It was there to establish a reason for Flash to be delayed to coming to Bruce's aid.