Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

NO! It always pains me to see Bruce badly beaten...
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    Is there any mandatory reading in Flash I should try and catch up on before next week? I pretty much am only reading Tec, Batman, All-Star, Teen Titans and Superman/sons. I am behind on Batgirl/BOP…haven't read any Flash in a long time.
    I don't think so. How the last issue of Flash ended doesn't really seem to tie into The Button at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Really? Cause it give ME a happy

Same. But seeing Bruce drive that Batarang through Zoom's foot got me happy. He got some BRUTAL hits in too.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Really? Cause it give ME a happy
    You monster!

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Same. But seeing Bruce drive that Batarang through Zoom's foot got me happy. He got some BRUTAL hits in too.
    YES! I felt like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad when that happened. "YEAH! Science, Bitch!"

Wayne's always get Thawne where it hurts when he's not looking .

BANNED

You monster!
    Whenever I see Bruce taking a beating, I imagine what I'd be saying if I got the chance to somehow beat up Bruce.

"This is for being a sexist dick!" "This is for saying that Cass was "always mentally disturbed."!" "This is for making Brother Eye!" "This is for not telling Tim that Steph was alive after War Games!"

I could go on.

Whenever I see Bruce taking a beating, I imagine what I'd be saying if I got the chance to somehow beat up Bruce.

"This is for being a sexist dick!" "This is for saying that Cass was "always mentally disturbed."!" "This is for making Brother Eye!" "This is for not telling Tim that Steph was alive after War Games!"

I could go on.
    "This is for letting writers write you badly!" "This is for ignoring Damian!" "This is for 'Martha!'"

I could go on.
    My God, you really are the world's biggest Cassandra Cain fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    My God, you really are the world's biggest Cassandra Cain fan.
    Damn straight!

I cosplay her, I own her entire solo series, I have commissioned art of her on my wall, etc. My passion for this character compared to any other is unmatched.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...did the Thawne we saw come and go in BATMAN # 21 this week have memories of his experiences in the universes/timelines of Pre-COIE Earth-One, Post-COIE (Pre-FLASHPOINT) Earth, and New 52 Earth?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien... since I read you for years let me share with you my opinions.

---

I believe that Barry and Eobard could possibly be, along with Psycho Pirate the keys to Rebirth.... and some more.

First there are 2 things that caught my attention in Batman 21:

1. Saturn Girl: "This is the game where they kill him. Superman won't come, our friends will die, the legion will die."
    Two characters died today: the player and Eobard Thawne. Is she talking about the game? Is the game a reference for Eobard's death? OR something else will happen at the end of this crossover where someone real important dies. The solicitations for next issues put Eobard as being alive and kicking. But... Thawne is a time traveller. When is he alive? What is his time line?

2. Thawne: "My name is Eobard Thawne. I have been dead for sometime. I should be dead for some time more. But a power called for me and I am ressurected."

And one more from Trinity 8, also released this week

3. Superman: "If my world...if his... had been twisted and shaped once...who was to say it hadn't been done a hundred times?"

Now, both Eobard and and Barry share a common trait. Both DIED BEFORE COIE unified the multiverse. And, although their history has been rewritten... they actually never lived in it until Final Crisis/Blackest Night/Brightest Day/Flash Rebirth (2009) where both are ressurected. Eobard is from the future 25th century and Barry died and ended in the Speed Force since 1985 to 2009.
    Barry was a threat to AntiMonitor due to being able to go freely to other universes.
    Eobard since he died first and revived has obtained the ability to change past without consequence rewriting his and and Barry's history several times. And then when Barry reated Flashpoint while Thawne was in the time stream he became a living paradox, unrelated to any kind of history.

So let's remember what happened in thr last years:

1 - Barry was out of Speedforce in Infinite Crisis and then called by Thawne out from the Speedforce to destroy Darkseid who died. Then he found that is life was changed by Thawne, became a blue lantern, proceeded throught Britghter day, tried to change the past, created flashpoint.Barry returned to the past, stopped himself and in that moment we see the New 52 creation. First Pandora explains that reality has been divided in three timelines long ago (DCU, Vertigo and Wildstorm) "splintered to weaken your world fror their impeding arrival" then we see a blurred image of the classic universe and Barry suffering and losing his memory and changing at the end into his New 52 version. (Could it be that the moment Barry screams is when the 10 years of history were robbed by our antagonist (Dr. Manhattan??).)

2- Eobard reappears from a point in the future recreate the flash chemical incident (Flash: Rebirth 2009) and changes Barry's and his own timeline (The Flash v.3 8) multiple times and he is caught.
    Then we discovered that his body was first reanimated by a black lantern ring, and then by the Entity (white lantern entity) transforming him in a white lantern (and presumabily when fully restored he will go back to the moment of Flash Rebirth and will be caught after changing the past. Since he already revived the Flash, his life is restored fully when he is still imprisioned. After Captain Boomerang releases him he tries to discover new ways of using his powers (The Flash v.3 9-12). Then transformed in a paradox by Barry, and when almost defeated he was killed by Thomas Wayne.

Before Flashpoint in Brightest Day Swamp Thing was revived in the DCU, John Constantine Deadman and a lot of characters used by Alan Moore also appeared. Everyone of the revived heroes (and Eobard) made it with the white lantern except Hawk. Post New 52 those were fully integrated into that universe although, once again in a less brighter way (in mood, not in quality).

Batman was killed and turned back in time through pre-history by Darkseid's omega effect and actually used Mobius chair.
    Darkseid who died once has died again with the Anti-Monitor, who had with him the antilife equation and was the real owner of Mobius Chair. Mobius and Owlman were destroyed by presumably Dr. Manhattan. Darkseid is now reborn as a child.

Although robbed from 10 years of their lifes, almost none of the history of Green Lanterns was changed. But when Kyle Rayner, the user of thr white light tried to return hope (which is related to Barry) someone intervenes (probably Manhattan) and Kyle becomes unable to use the white light. (Now, lets remember that the prophecy of blackest night was originally created by... Alan Moore).

Superman has been divided in two... from two different continuities, and since both merged, Clark, mainly the pre-flashpoint one is aware something is wrong with reality and as a battle inside his mind with his New52 self.

In DC UNiverse rebirth, Wally before returning is fully conscious of all the details of his Post COIE life, just like Blue Superman but since is integrated in the new reality he begans to forget (and Pandora is killed while talking about hope).
    In Flash rebirth there is something very interesting happening. We see a disembodied Pre flashpoint Eobard Thawne trying to reach to Barry and making him remember their original history and in the end disapparing in a storm.

Now, in Flash 19 it seems that the disembodied Eobard through the same storm breaks into New52 version of him and, just like Superman he returned to his original self, merging.

A pattern is arising.

1. Pandora original intent was to fuse 3 timelines that were separated and weakened before by someone to make their invasion easier. (Although wildstorm was always separated from the main DC, and Vertigo was created a bit after COIE, Swamp thing written in 1982 by Moore was probably the first comic that began to separate with the usual superheroic DC comics.) But then, it appears that those forces chopped 10 years of this fused universe life and created New 52 unknown to Pandora. And by the descriptions of Mister Oz, and the memories of BLue Clark and the events of Convergence, earth-prime (0) was split in 2 and probably created and multiverse of 52 earths for each one. New 52 is somehow only a shadow of the reality, but fully independent. Somehow the original COIE universe was removed from reality. And you remember that Stormwatch had a cosmic reboot just like it was normal?

2. Watchmen and Post Crisis DC both started in 1986. The button and Psycho Pirate Mask, both items related with that time period seemed to resonated eachother, and maybe it was that made Eobard return. There are many hints that "they" are doing this for more time that the heroes suspect that?

Definitely it seems that since the end of pre-crisis earth there have been reality maniputions from a unknown part, that is part revealing itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Apparently Alan Moore's rights around Watchmen mean that DC don't want to sell anything with the famous bleeding smiley button outside the US. A shame, as I was willing to pay a bit more for the lenticular cover but don't live in the US.
    I've pre-ordered them through the Forbidden Planet, the first two issues are £3.99 and the last two are £2.99... I pre-order all my comics with them but I'd guess it will be too late for you to order them now though you could get in touch directly with them to see if they've any left for sale.

Very interesting! It makes sense that Doc has been altering the multiverse since 86.I think Reverse Flash accidentally found out about "God" Dr.Manhattan meant to kill him but Eobard escaped still died though.I think we have infinite Reverse Flashes and Flashes so,let's see which one this will be in part 2.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I've pre-ordered them through the Forbidden Planet, the first two issues are £3.99 and the last two are £2.99... I pre-order all my comics with them but I'd guess it will be too late for you to order them now though you could get in touch directly with them to see if they've any left for sale.
    Not sure the expensive shipping costs would be worth it tbh. I'll look into it anyway, thanks!