Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Batman was watching four different channels. Probably just monitoring the news.

The hockey players were named Shuster and Taylor. Shuster co-created Superman. Is this foreshadowing of something Superman is going to do?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

So the actual physical Button didn't come back when Thawne returned from seeing "God". It has to turn up again, right?

Batman did notice that spark from the Mask to the Button. I guess he has viewed the Pirate as just another villain with mind control abilities and not a multiversal level character. We the reader know about COIE, but Batman doesn't, at least not at this moment in his memories he doesn't. That raised eye brow made it clear that Batman just realized there was much more to the Pirate and his mask than Batman had first thought.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    so is thawne dead?
    I think we should resist the temptation to assume that we saw the same Thawne disappear and then promptly reappear. Maybe so, but he was spattered with blood when he zapped out and free of blood (as well as a lot of his own flesh) when he zapped back in. These Thawnes could be from different timelines or different moments in the same timeline. Why have him disappear, then reappear? It may be a trick. More thoughts here:

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2017/04/b...batman-21.html

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Do we know yet what trade The Button will be collected in? I can't figure out which one yet, which is bothering me, big time since everything is clear as far as a trade coming soon.

As far as Thawne, is he ever definitively dead lol? It never seems so.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

How do we know it was saturn girl other than the fact she is blonde and mentioned the legion. Do we see evidence of this somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Do we know yet what trade The Button will be collected in? I can't figure out which one yet, which is bothering me, big time since everything is clear as far as a trade coming soon.
    Like Night of the Monster Men, I believe the crossover is getting its own collection (HC format first).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Two things that took me out of the story... One, the Gotham hockey team wouldn't be playing in the Western Conference finals. Gotham has been referred to as an east coast city as far as I remember. Two, Saturn Girl is the only woman in a room full of men in a psych ward? Totally unbelievable. Lol I know it's silly, but those two things bugged me. Lol the super speed runners, God and magic button didn't faze me at all. I'm comic book weird....

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How do we know it was saturn girl other than the fact she is blonde and mentioned the legion. Do we see evidence of this somewhere else?
    She already showed up in Arkham in "I Am Suicide". And in the Rebirth special itself I think she had a ring that identified her as Saturn Girl.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Blonde + Legion is all I have; it could turn out to be someone else, but SG has more history.

Incidentally, Johns himself put the LSH's Dream Girl into Arkham in a JSA-JLA crossover circa 2006. But this isn't Dream Girl, and the power of prophecy isn't necessary for someone who knows the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She already showed up in Arkham in "I Am Suicide". And in the Rebirth special itself I think she had a ring that identified her as Saturn Girl.
    Didn't read that story. Thanks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    in the Rebirth special itself I think she had a ring that identified her as Saturn Girl.
    I'm looking at the art now, and I don't think it identifies her as Saturn Girl; it just identifies her as a Legionnaire. So she could be another blonde, female Legionnaire. Saturn Girl seems most likely, but she doesn't show any powers. She doesn't give her name because she tells the police that it would be dangerous to reveal it. Clearly, Johns is trying to preserve a little mystery around her identity despite telling us very clearly that she's from the future and has an LSH ring. Maybe there's a curveball coming.

Interestingly, in Rebirth, she's very calm and certain that the future will turn out all right. Now in The Button, she's panicked and full of despair.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Whenever I see Bruce taking a beating, I imagine what I'd be saying if I got the chance to somehow beat up Bruce.

"This is for being a sexist dick!" "This is for saying that Cass was "always mentally disturbed."!" "This is for making Brother Eye!" "This is for not telling Tim that Steph was alive after War Games!"

I could go on.
    LEAVE. right now. 😜

An Ok issue.

And Metropolis and Gotham hockey teams would be in the Eastern conference, not the West. someone get a King and the editors a map.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The hockey players were named Shuster and Taylor. Shuster co-created Superman. Is this foreshadowing of something Superman is going to do?
    As I mentioned in my annotations, the players had, respectively, the city and colors of Superman and Batman. Curiously, the "Batman" player (black and yellow, from Gotham) is the one named Shuster, and I can't identify a comics creator named Taylor who is of comparable stature to Shuster. So, either the name Shuster is a red herring, or later in the story, we're going to encounter someone who seems to be Batman and is really Superman or vice versa.