Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batman's age problem

DC is increasing the number of characters around Batman.
    They have already retconned Damian into a teen to kinda insert more time to him getting older
    Eventually I see a point where Bruce will be pushing 50 soon if Rebirth eventually restores the lost time along with the new 52 time

Now most people agree its impossible to do the things Batman does forever. Most people agree the DKR Batman was pushing it to the brink at 55
    Of course the character aging is going to just happen anyway. Bruce will naturally age somewhat as the universe ages.

So what if DC inserted a way for the character to just keep going despite his age. Sort of like how the JSA or Deathstroke end up looking
    I'm thinking more along the Deathstroke line

BANNED

Its less of a problem now than before because Bruce got a whole vat of Dionicium dumped on him after his fight with the joker at the end of scott snyders run so he mended together to be at the prime of his life. He himself is in his late 30's early 40's but his body is like that of a late 20 year old because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Its less of a problem now than before because Bruce got a whole vat of Dionicium dumped on him after his fight with the joker at the end of scott snyders run so he mended together to be at the prime of his life. He himself is in his late 30's early 40's but his body is like that of a late 20 year old because of it.
    I was about to say the same thing.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ages and comics always baffle me so much! The Dionicium as probably the easiest and most simple answer. Imagine the problems which will rise once Batman is on his 9th or 10th Robin.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Ages in comics will never makes sense because we are talking about characters that have been around for more than 70 years.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't bother me nor do I actually care about them.

Is that how it works?
    Isn't that just like the accidental lazurus pit dip he took during Morrison's run
    Either way I'm thinking of something more permanent

I don't care if Batman is chronologically older so long as his body is in its prime, which is easy to do via the supernatural/superscience fuckery that batman gets into all the time.

Extraordinary Member

This was a thing?

Really?

First I've heard of it.

What issue did that happen in?

Bats kind of has to have at least 10 years of Batmanning under his belt to have had as many protégés as he's had.

I prefer Batman being in his late 30s anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This was a thing?

Really?

First I've heard of it.

What issue did that happen in?

Bats kind of has to have at least 10 years of Batmanning under his belt to have had as many protégés as he's had.
    Right before bruce lost his memories in the scott snyder run. The Liquid rebuilds your body stronger and makes it younger and healthier also. Joker has used it a few times it seems to help himself keep up with batman or heal after near death. It was scott snyders way of explaining how joker was progressively getting stronger after each near fatal clash with batman by dragging his ass over to it and healing in it.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Ages in comics will never makes sense because we are talking about characters that have been around for more than 70 years.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't bother me nor do I actually care about them.
    This. Bruce, Kate, Damian, And Dick In 2065 will most likely be depicted as the same age as now. And Batman will have like 13 more sidekicks by then lol
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    This. Bruce, Kate, Damian, And Dick In 2065 will most likely be depicted as the same age as now. And Batman will have like 13 more sidekicks by then lol
    And DC will probably have rebooted another 5 times by then.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

He also received Lazarus Pit fluid infusion a few years ago. If this really bugs anybody, there are several ways, in-story, that explain his relative youthful appearance and energy, for the days, "he's the goddamned Batman" doesn't click.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

I always felt like this when it came to age and comics. As I get older I feel the same way about canon ... canon to me is what I want it to be. LOL

Spectacular Member

Just pretend that it takes a lot longer than 365 days for the Earth in DC's main universe to orbit the sun. More days = a lot more adventures can fit in the span of a year. I know this isn't anything actually mentioned in the comics.....but it might help to mentally appreciate everything, especially if you're one, like Grant Morrison, who thinks "everything happened and everything is canon" in the comicsverse.