Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I personally believe Bruce is currently 40, in the chronological sense, having started at 25 and been Batman for 15 years. However, his body is anyway in great shape so under 'normal' circumstances he has the body of a 30-35 year old. And thanks to the Dionisium(?), he's probably been de-aged a good 10 years easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Its less of a problem now than before because Bruce got a whole vat of Dionicium dumped on him after his fight with the joker at the end of scott snyders run so he mended together to be at the prime of his life. He himself is in his late 30's early 40's but his body is like that of a late 20 year old because of it.
    .....sigh. I really hate Scott Snyder's writing.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's only a problem if you let it be a problem.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I tend to think Batman in his 40s is too old
    Hal and Ollie have both been de aged from that period where they were the oldest people in the room and now it seems Bruce is coming to that point.
    Sure it accommodates a lot of other characters around him but Bruce in his 40s is way older than Selina, almost the same age as Jim Gordon(continuity problem), and makes all of his villains close to their 50s and 60s.

I prefer Batman to be 40, and started out at 20.

If you assume Bruce trained Dick around year 3, that gives a good 17 years for the Robins to all have decent time as a sidekick. During the Batman Inc era (pre-Flashpoint), when Bruce and Dick were both Batman, there was an annual where Montoya (as the Question) met with them. She regarded one as younger, leaner. The other was "a huge, grizzled old bat." Or words to that effect. That's stuck with me.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I tend to think Batman in his 40s is too old
    Hal and Ollie have both been de aged from that period where they were the oldest people in the room and now it seems Bruce is coming to that point.
    Sure it accommodates a lot of other characters around him but Bruce in his 40s is way older than Selina, almost the same age as Jim Gordon(continuity problem), and makes all of his villains close to their 50s and 60s.
    Pre-Flashpoint, at least, Hal and Ollie were de-aged in-story.

The same now applies to Bruce.

They should have stopped adding robins after Damian.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    They should have stopped adding robins after Damian.
    They did - who did the add post-Damian (specifically as Robin, that is) (unless you're counting the We Are Robins, which...probably you shouldn't, much as I liked that idea).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint, at least, Hal and Ollie were de-aged in-story.

The same now applies to Bruce.
    I'm pretty sure Ollie wasn't de aged when he got brought back
    Hal is just a case of people drawing him without the grey temples(but I believe they retconned that into parallax influence so moot point)

BANNED

It`s implicit that he did. Smith`s Quiver had him not have memories past a certain point as if he hadn`t lived them. He pretty much came back in his prime so DC could distant themselves from Grell`s run where Oliver lived in his own realistic corner of the DCU and especifically going some character arcs like accepting a middle life crisis and having a grandchild in Liam.

Hal is the same thing. He died, became the Spectre and then returned in his prime, pretty much. Hence no grey temples. Anyway, characters only age depending the story and arcs. They`re essentially immortal.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. is there any inforamtion about the age of the Rebirth Superman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. is there any inforamtion about the age of the Rebirth Superman?
    None whatsoever, so far.

We can make some estimates though.

Assuming Superman's age when he debuted was somewhere in the range of 22-25 (his New 52 debut age and his Pre-Flashpoint debut age), assuming that there was anywhere between a 3-5 year gap between his debut and Jon's birth, and knowing its been 10 years since Jon was born...his age can range from anywhere between 35-40. Personally, I think he's closer to 40.

DC Comics Historian

I believe the one thing that stays the same with Rebirth is the whole missing 10 years will still be missed in an actual time fashion tho everyone will have their memories back. DC would be foolish to deage everyone when they really don't have to in order to effectively serve the story. I think what we have seen with Superman proves that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    They did - who did the add post-Damian (specifically as Robin, that is) (unless you're counting the We Are Robins, which...probably you shouldn't, much as I liked that idea).
    I thought I read something about a black kid being mentored or something by Bruce though? Then there is Batwoman and Batwing it should have stopped with Damian no new members of the Batman family. Except Talon he can stay.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I thought I read something about a black kid being mentored or something by Bruce though? Then there is Batwoman and Batwing it should have stopped with Damian no new members of the Batman family. Except Talon he can stay.
    I know fans have nicknamed him BumbleBat.... but I've lost track of the comics lately. Has he ever been given a legit hero codename? I know Batman didn't want him to be just another Robin.