Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default SuperWoman #9 Preview(Reborne Tie-In/ New Pages)

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/04...y-superwoman-9

Obviously meant Reborn and not reborne in the thread title..my bad lol.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-17-2017 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

And we have a storyline title change, from the previously solicited "Super Women" to "Steel Resolve"

Lana keeping Lois at arm's length again, but always has time for Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And we have a storyline title change, from the previously solicited "Super Women" to "Steel Resolve"

good catch, I wish we could have known what the story with the super woman would have been about.

I think deep down Lana will never be wholly out of love with Clark. That's not to say I advocate any of that home breaker crap they once did, but just he has a place no one's ever going to touch. He's still her rock.

I'd like to see Maggie and Skull as a partners on a full-time level across the Super books. I like the dynamic already.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This looks...not great, personally. Think #8 was my last issue.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think deep down Lana will never be wholly out of love with Clark. That's not to say I advocate any of that home breaker crap they once did, but just he has a place no one's ever going to touch. He's still her rock.

I'd like to see Maggie and Skull as a partners on a full-time level across the Super books. I like the dynamic already.
    They were best friends before the dated and even afterwards especially in the New52 they were best friends after they dated. If there is one thing I love about the New52 is that it established a Loving friendship with Lana and have him be almost wholly self-sufficient from him also. But she needs a friend and Clark is her oldest friend.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Not just Lois but Steel, too. I think a part of me always feels bad for whoever falls for Lana since she cannot completely get over Clark. Her Pre-Flashpoint relationship with Pete Ross was a disaster.

I think I would have been more interested in "Super Women" as well.

It makes me feel for Lana too, but yeah, anyone who gets with Lana has that huge shadow of Clark looming over them. It all depends on what strikes a chord though with readers. If that's John Henry, then cool. It certainly wasn't Pete, though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Perkins is a good writer, but the preview doesn't make a great impression.

And Miles has pointed out, the story has changed from what was originally solicited, which isn't a great sign either.

I'm waiting to see what Perkins will give us. I liked Jimenez's ideas but his writing REALLY wasn't up for it. I always found Perkin's writing enjoyable, though.

Spectacular Member

The interview is basically a confirmation that after Reborn they don't exactly know where to go... They have yet to figure out how Lana got her powers post-Reborn...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The poor Newsarama interviewer seems pretty lost when talking to the writer, asking about the "reunion" between Lois and Lana and still referring to thhe storyline as "Super Women"

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    The interview is basically a confirmation that after Reborn they don't exactly know where to go... They have yet to figure out how Lana got her powers post-Reborn...
    Not really, the writer just doesn't want to spoil her story when it comes out in a day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not really, the writer just doesn't want to spoil her story when it comes out in a day.
    Sure about that? You'll see...