Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I heard that this chapter was very normal... nothing interesting... Is true? For forget this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Change of origin.. CONGRATULATIONS.. DC has not abandoned you.

Now they must make an effort to make this comic worth of one Post-Rebirth Comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-20-2017 at 07:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I heard that this chapter was very normal... nothing interesting... Is true? For forget this chapter.
    It was an ok issue. It was really just setting up Lana returning to the superhero game.

I didn't like how Superman had to show up and convince Lana that she had to continue being Superwoman. That really hurt the issue, but it was still ok overall.

Looks like Maggie Sawyer and Atomic Skull are also going to have a bigger role in this book going forward.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 04-20-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    It was an ok issue. It was really just setting up Lana returning to the superhero game.

I didn't like how Superman had to show up and convince Lana that she had to continue being Superwoman. That really hurt the issue, but it was still ok overall.
    Agreed, it was totally okay. I don't think it's a case of them not having any idea what they want to do with the character post-reborn, but more so what they want to do with the character *may* not really be interesting enough to carry it's own book. At least not after the initial story of this book.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 04-20-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Same thoughts at the others. I'd rather they just make a Steel book at this point than force a superhero role on Lana that she has to be convinced to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

Looks like Maggie Sawyer and Atomic Skull are also going to have a bigger role in this book going forward.
    Hmm... No mention about his powers? With the next cover.. I was hoping to see his powers returning in the last page ..

... Force someone to do something.. I do not know what to say... Even if I donīt see the chapter.. Seems that DC need to give her A REASON(a valid reason for her mind) to fight... Or make something with her for increase the sales..

About Maggie... In Bat-idiom, she is like the James Gordon of this comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-20-2017 at 09:12 AM.

BANNED

I feel pretty bad for John Henry...he really ought to cut Lana loose, she only has ears for Clark's advice and nobody elses'.

It was.. fine, I guess. I could follow what was happening but I really need to see what Niche this book wants to grab.

... Despite the typical Haters(always putting 1 for ruin the reviews).. I see one 6 in user rating(7 forgetting the haters) and more than 7 in critic rating...

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...s/superwoman/9

Maybe I will see the chapter..

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I feel pretty bad for John Henry...he really ought to cut Lana loose, she only has ears for Clark's advice and nobody elses'.
    hmmmm.... They are not the typical happy couple..DC should change this... John niece trust in her.. But I see more problems in SW 11..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.

I was a fan of getting them together when it first started, but it really hasn't gone anywhere to date. It was also hurt by the fact we never got to see it develop. We got to see John ask her on a date but then we see things from Superman's perspective where he's been gone for some time and they're already a couple when he gets back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Yeah this was pretty weird.

Still the ending with Clark and the ominousness is odd and leaves it unclear. Does Clark really beleive in Lana or is something so bad coming that he needs every possible hand on deck so he's doing his best to get Lana to try heroing more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was a fan of getting them together when it first started, but it really hasn't gone anywhere to date. It was also hurt by the fact we never got to see it develop. We got to see John ask her on a date but then we see things from Superman's perspective where he's been gone for some time and they're already a couple when he gets back.
    After the July Saga.. DC should create one saga for Lana and John as a couple... to resolve his problems..

Fantastic Member

Which is what has happened with Lana for years. Even when a writer moves her forward in life, a subsequent one resets her.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't like this "partnership" thing and the way it makes John look. Superwoman should continue to borrow Maggie but just give John Henry back to Superman.

Incredible Member

I agree with the people who say they would rather have a Steel book. I mean, I like Lana, I like this title (it has a very triangle era feel), but jfc Lana you just SAVED THE WORLD, get your head together. Stop being a wreck damnit.

Now I want a Steel: Rebirth (Reforged?) book. Make sure to pick up exactly where the original title left off. I still want to know what happened to Tyke.

By the way, I love Maggie and Atomic' Skull misadventures in policing. What a cop duo of weirdness! She's a lesbian cop, he's a walking nuclear fusion reactor, together they fight (super) crime.

Agreed, this is starting to look cuckish. John Henry Irons is no man's cuck.
    JHI is understanding as hell, but Lana keeps pushing him away.
    Btw, just me or John is drawn in a emasculated way? He seems smaller, weaker, in this title. He is traditionally drawn as a mountain of a man, even if they did slim him down from his classic Bogdanove days.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah this was pretty weird.

Still the ending with Clark and the ominousness is odd and leaves it unclear. Does Clark really beleive in Lana or is something so bad coming that he needs every possible hand on deck so he's doing his best to get Lana to try heroing more?
    Supes has always had a "leave the heroing to me" attitude, althrough at some point he realizes that he can't stop them so lets them go anyway.

For Supes to actually tell Lana he needs her being Superwoman again, its a all-hands-on-deck situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    I agree with the people who say they would rather have a Steel book. I mean, I like Lana, I like this title (it has a very triangle era feel), but jfc Lana you just SAVED THE WORLD, get your head together. Stop being a wreck damnit.

Now I want a Steel: Rebirth (Reforged?) book. Make sure to pick up exactly where the original title left off. I still want to know what happened to Tyke.

By the way, I love Maggie and Atomic' Skull misadventures in policing. What a cop duo of weirdness! She's a lesbian cop, he's a walking nuclear fusion reactor, together they fight (super) crime.

Agreed, this is starting to look cuckish. John Henry Irons is no man's cuck.
    JHI is understanding as hell, but Lana keeps pushing him away.
    Btw, just me or John is drawn in a emasculated way? He seems smaller, weaker, in this title. He is traditionally drawn as a mountain of a man, even if they did slim him down from his classic Bogdanove days.

Supes has always had a "leave the heroing to me" attitude, althrough at some point he realizes that he can't stop them so lets them go anyway.

For Supes to actually tell Lana he needs her being Superwoman again, its a all-hands-on-deck situation.
    Read trinity for your answer. He is aware that someone is dicking him around and has been for awhile and he aint happy about it. So yeah Its all hands on deck. Also Batman is setting up superteams for when shit goes down. Every has a feeling that shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later and they are going to need every available hand.