View Poll Results: Who has Iceman been pining for all these years?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

15 18.07%
  • Xavier

4 4.82%
  • Angel

31 37.35%
  • Beast

9 10.84%
  • Havok

14 16.87%
  • Colossus

7 8.43%
  • Nightcrawler

6 7.23%
  • Wolverine

7 8.43%
  • Banshee

5 6.02%
  • Magneto

3 3.61%
  • Cannonball

16 19.28%
  • Northstar

23 27.71%
  • Gambit

16 19.28%
  • Bishop

5 6.02%
  • Other(please say)

8 9.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Eh, something is better than nothing. I dont see the point of a limiting relationship that wont get used over the chance for one that might mean more page time.
    Now that an LGBT POC has been involved in the equation, the characters are no longer solely your representation. Even among the underrepresented, there is a heirarchy when it comes to privilege. It is tacky to treat an LGBT POC as dispensable to hook up two white gay men. Especially considering Kyle is still a blank slate and he has never received the chance to be focused upon like Bobby and JP. They haven't even tried with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Now that an LGBT POC has been involved in the equation, the characters are no longer solely your representation. Even among the underrepresented, there is a heirarchy when it comes to privilege. It is tacky to treat an LGBT POC as dispensable to hook up two white gay men. Especially considering Kyle is still a blank slate and he has never received the chance to be focused upon like Bobby and JP. They haven't even tried with him.
    Perhaps Kyle and Northstar decide to have an open relationship and one or both hook up with Bobby. Nah, Marvel isn't that progressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Perhaps Kyle and Northstar decide to have an open relationship and one or both hook up with Bobby. Nah, Marvel isn't that progressive.
    And to be fair, even some progressive folk will accuse them of depicting their most prominent LGBT characters as what pro-traditional family values people stereotype them as.

Even if Kyle wasn't involved, I still think there is something odd about hooking up a major character who just came out with the character who was the company's poster kid for LGBT for years now. I compared it to Black Panther/Storm, but I think the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing makes a valid comparison too. Hooking them up kind of dilutes their individual impact instead of doubling it. I think a platonic relationship with JP counselling Bobby is the way to go. Lemire was on the right track but I don't think using a kid like Vic worked like the way he wanted the dynamic of "more confident teen guiding the more confused adult man" to.

Of course Northstar can counsel Bobby... just like registered sex therapist Emma Frost counseled Cyclops.

Seriously though... I see exactly what you mean. Northstar is the perfect (read: only) person who could reasonably understand his situation and help Bobby. Makes you wonder where Northstar and Kyle were during The Great Terrigen Holocaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'