Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nightwing #19 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicsbeat.com/preview-ni...atest-villain/

Thats one big blue bird. And Seeley seems to be having some fun with people at this point with Dick and Shawn.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-17-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Incredible Member

That's my favourite thing in the preview. Beautiful page.

Heh, Dick and Shawn are already going undercover as a married couple. Relationships move so fast these days .

LOL I don't know why Shawn joins Dick in his mission disguised as his wife but they are cute and I like their outfit

Incredible Member

I'd love to see Damian hear a henchperson refer to them as Mr and Mrs Nightwing...

Seems they are really trying to push the idea that Nightwing is a bird, which I don't know how I feel about it. I remember King and Seeley toying around with the idea that Nightwing name came from the Court of Owls/Talons. Where Nightwing is a description for an Owl which is why Dick chose it or something. I think Post Crisis Nightwing has been more of a dragon like figure in the kryptonian myth. I wonder if they would change it to being a bird now if they ever go back and retell the kryptonian Nightwing story.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Seems they are really trying to push the idea that Nightwing is a bird, which I don't know how I feel about it. I remember King and Seeley toying around with the idea that Nightwing name came from the Court of Owls/Talons. Where Nightwing is a description for an Owl which is why Dick chose it or something. I think Post Crisis Nightwing has been more of a dragon like figure in the kryptonian myth. I wonder if they would change it to being a bird now if they ever go back and retell the kryptonian Nightwing story.
    I think it works as both the dragon creature from Krypton and as a mythical type bird on Earth.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It looks great. I look forward to see more of Shawn, I bet we will see her fighting. The art is also very pretty especially the page with the bird.

Yes, I'm very much anticipated to see Shawn fight more. Knowing Seeley is capable of making women characters badasses, I don't think he'll let us down. I also highly doubt that she's pregnant because if she was so then Dick wouldn't let her follow him and she herself will not put stress on herself by joining his mission. Can't wait for tomorrow

Thanks for the preview.

Changing the meaning of Nightwing is smart in a way. Having his origin be connected to Superman would be difficult to work into other media's, like his solo movie.

Preview looks great. Dick makes a good hipster. Next issue he moves to Burnside

Mighty Member

I'm confused. Don't we already know that Dick got the name from Superman thanks to the Grayson annual and Robin war?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Changing the meaning of Nightwing is smart in a way. Having his origin be connected to Superman would be difficult to work into other media's, like his solo movie.

Preview looks great. Dick makes a good hipster. Next issue he moves to Burnside
    Oh no please don't! !! He is just a hipster in disguise. That's all it is. Omg no no not Burnside. That one butchered Babs big time, I dont want them ruining another Batfam member.

Dick too careless to be a hipster lol (I just imagined him with beard... and it's awful)
    But is Shawn one of them? Because to me she comes across like the one who could be interested in all that hipster stuff. Do they have some hipster place in Bludhaven?

BANNED

What`s so hispter by dressing up as you should when you walk throught the Desert?