Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It happens to certain types of adults - the irresponsible ones who aren't serious minded enough. Only an ignorant person or a religious zealot will bring a child into this world just because they fell pregnant.

Selfish unthinking folks like that are they reason why so many kids are brought into this world and then abandoned. Having and raising a kid well is the most difficult and challenging thing a person will ever do and most people fail at dong that or take it too lightly.

Certain types of adults do those things - Irresponsible, Not serious, ignorant ones

Damian is Dick's heir as in Robin. He is Dick's chosen heir to Robin. Dick passed on the mantle to Damian not Tim or Jason. He picked Damian. That's the way I took it when the time comes Damian will become Batman since he is also Bruce's heir.

I don't see Damian becoming Nightwing
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or talking real here. Are you telling me that all adult accidental pregnancies come from adults who are irresponsible, not serious, and ignorant? Wow! You also said those adults who decided not to terminate their pregnancies and bring their babies to the world are ignorant and religious. More WOWs! While the former one can be partially true about accidental pregnancies, it's wrong to just generalise all of them. Like I said, it can happen with contraception because it's not 100% effective. It's also wrong to generalise the latter case. Not all of them didn't do abortion because they were religious or ignorant, some have non-religious moral reasons, some have the determination that they can raise a family, and among other reasons. And it's also wrong to generalise that all children born into this world as a result of accidental pregnancies are abandoned.

I've never came across this kind of complain before. You're one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Maybe you can explain it better then, because it sounds super strange the way you put it the first time around. My thought is that there are many unplanned pregnancies that happen that fit neither of the things you spelled out and that doesn' necessarily make anyone irresponsible.
    I feel that only an irresponsible adult will;

will practise unsafe sex
    not use the pill
    And start a family just cos they got accidentally pregnant. Without thinking what is best for the child.

Of course regular adults sometimes have sex without a condom and some have at times had sex without having taking care of contraception but they don't do all the above.

I believe only very irresponsible people will do all the above and have children without thinking it through properly.

zealots [pro lifers] and irresponsible adult decide to have a child simply because they a fell pregnant.

The decision must always be made based on what us best for the child and what life can you give that child. A kid is a lot of work and devotion few people realise just how big a deal it is.

@Nightbird I am aware a lot of people became unplanned parents but few turn out to be good parents raising happy well balanced children. It as nothing to do with marriage either. A lot of happily married couples do not raise happy adjusted kids.

Yes I am being very judgemental but when it comes to bringing an innocent life into this world the decision should not be taken lightly. Not every woman should be a mother and not every couple should have a kid.

I abhor people who take the decision lightly or people who think that just cos a woman is pregnant she should have the child.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or talking real here. Are you telling me that all adult accidental pregnancies come from adults who are irresponsible, not serious, and ignorant? Wow! You also said those adults who decided not to terminate their pregnancies and bring their babies to the world are ignorant and religious. More WOWs! While the former one can be partially true about accidental pregnancies, it's wrong to just generalise all of them. Like I said, it can happen with contraception because it's not 100% effective. It's also wrong to generalise the latter case. Not all of them didn't do abortion because they were religious or ignorant, some have non-religious moral reasons, some have the determination that they can raise a family, and among other reasons. And it's also wrong to generalise that all children born into this world as a result of accidental pregnancies are abandoned.

I've never came across this kind of complain before. You're one of a kind.
    Clear hyperbole is hyperbole but yes most responsible adults don't do those things and any person who has a child simply because they happened to be pregnant and not because they want a child or are at a place where they can take care of a child.

I mean devoting the love, time, care and understanding necessary to nature a young child so they grow into a happy stable adult is a ignorant and selfish.

Take it how you will but I have seen enough of what goes wrong when parenting goes wrong or when people have kids they weren't prepared for so I stand firm in that believe that responsible think before they create life.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-24-2017 at 10:36 AM.

This thread has gone off the rails a bit but for what it's worth Seeley did say they used protection. Also maybe discussing your options while tracking down a kidnapped boy and fighting a murderous Dollotron wouldn't be the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    This thread has gone off the rails a bit but for what it's worth Seeley did say they used protection. Also maybe discussing your options while tracking down a kidnapped boy and fighting a murderous Dollotron wouldn't be the best idea.
    Oh my bad wasn't aware of that fact that Seeley clarified that. Assumed since they didn't even question how this could have happened on panel that they weren't using protection.

Oh good. I was hoping to have a family planning debate today.

Decent issue. Its all going pretty quickly. Best I can say about Shawn is that I'm getting used to the idea of her sticking around.

-____- what just happen?

I read this issue a week late cause I forgot it came out
    I totally didnt expected this conversation

The issue was good and I liked it ok

To be honest she kinda just other street kid like Dick, but she somewhat ok but Dick true love is StarFire, I hope DC don't turn Nightwing into some You know Manwhore, I just want Nightwing & StarFire to be a Thing aready