Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    This might be a bit soon, but...called it! Well...maybe. Plus, he is smoking...

Also, its not that out of his usual MO. He's been known to be calculating and manipulative before (see Ending Battle). I assume that Reborn means those stories are back in canon as well.
    Yeah, I think it's just Manchester Black.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    And I thought the Jon at the beginning was a little too grown-up looking for it to be quite real.
    I think he's supposed to be dreaming of being older (like in his 20s).

Take a look at his pants, and the design of the shirt. They're different and more streamlined from what they usually are. I think that's supposed to be what Jon views as his official suit when he grows up.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think he's supposed to be dreaming of being older (like in his 20s).

Take a look at his pants, and the design of the shirt. They're different and more streamlined from what they usually are.
    Yeah, that's what I meant, that I had a sense of "oh, this is a dream sequence".
    Buh-bye

Being a native Brit and familiar with Manchester Black's dialogue I'm not sure if it is Black. He swore a lot more and spoke in a Northern English dialect since he was from Manchester. As a Manchester Black fan though, I hope you guys are right. I'd love it to be Black, he's a personal favourite Superman villain. Although Blanque is currently filling in as a telekinetic/telepathic enemy for Superman.

So Mr. Branden likely isn't the problem, looks to me like he's being controlled by the villain hinted at in Dinosaur Island, he's "seeing" through Cobb's eyes just like Cobb was seeing what Krypto saw.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

And I'll be fine if it's Black, but I may feel a bit let down honestly.

Manchester Black has never actually been anything more than an ok parody of Jenny Sparks. He wasn't horrible or anything, but he just didn't have too much else going on of his own.

Now, if Tomasi and Gleason are revamping him to function as something more unique than "I'm a guy that has a lot of power who makes his own rules" then I'm all for it.

So far he seems more fascinating and sustainable than a parody.

But I'm still hoping that it's someone with far inherent more gravitas to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant, that I had a sense of "oh, this is a dream sequence".
    Ah, that's my bad lol

The giant squid kind of reminds me of the engineered squid monster at the end of Watchmen. Could it be related to Mr. Oz?

595.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    The giant squid kind of reminds me of the engineered squid monster at the end of Watchmen. Could it be related to Mr. Oz?

595.jpg
    It might be even if Black (or whoever is behind it) doesn't know it yet...

If its Manchester Black looks like he went with the bic'd look. The silhouette certainly looks bald.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

But what if...

Yeah, he is dead, but it was never a problem for comic books.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If it's not Cobb, I'll still have a hard time not finding him creepy after this.

Is no one else curious why Jon picked "Garth" for Damian ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is no one else curious why Jon picked "Garth" for Damian ?
    I am! Maybe Tomasi is foreshadowing that Jon's new powers will be electrical in nature. Like Garth Ranzz, and another Garth who as Tempest could generate electricity.

Or Jon could just be a big Garth Brooks fan. Who knows?

Yeah it could be some foreshadowing of electric powers.

I could also see an Garth and the rest of the Legion coming to the present to see the birth of Superman's son. Jon has likely been introduced to his fun uncle Grath in his secret identity.