Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Default First Trailer For Syfy’s Superman Prequel ‘Krypton’ Released

Here we go.

“Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel’s grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.”

Syfy’s Krypton, starring Cameron Cuffe (The Halcyon) as Seg-El, Georgina Campbell (After Hours) as Lyta Zod, Ian McElhinney (Game of Thrones) as Val-El, Elliot Cowan (Da Vinci’s Demons) as Daron Vex, Ann Ogbomo (Wonder Woman) as Primus Alura Zod, Rasmus Hardiker (Your Highness) as Kem, Wallis Day (The Royals) as Nyssa Vex and Aaron Pierre (Britannia) as Dev-Em, will premiere in the 2017-2018 TV Season.

The project, which is being produced by Warner Horizon Television, comes from executive producers David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Knight trilogy), Damian Kindler (Sleepy Hollow), Colm McCarthy (Peaky Blinders). Goyer and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) wrote the pilot which was directed by McCarthy.

I keep forgetting this is a thing .

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

It looks like it's set within the DCEU given the "S" designs and the overall look although there are hints of other influences as well.The KRYPTON parts of MOS I thought was actually the best ones so I'm down for seeing how we got to the place Krypton was in the movie.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Spectacular Member

As long as it is attached to MOS crap I'm totally out of it.

Can't say I have much interest in the subject, but it does have a good sci-fi look to it at least.

I liked MoS, and Krypton was probably my favorite part, plus I really liked Da Vinci's Demons form Goyer, so why not give it a chance?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I liked MoS, and Krypton was probably my favorite part, plus I really liked Da Vinci's Demons form Goyer, so why not give it a chance?
    Honestly, I'll never understand how in the world someone who's got the KC Superman as an avatar CAN LIKE the Superman from Snyder's MOS.
    That's beyond my cerebral skills.

Fantastic Member

Well, at least they tried to be original, even if it's a huge departure from pretty much any Krypton or House of El story ever told.

But with it being a huge departure, a SyFy original production, and possibly a prequel to the MoS movies, I'm not really interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Honestly, I'll never understand how in the world someone who's got the KC Superman as an avatar CAN LIKE the Superman from Snyder's MOS.
    I'm not saying that the Snyder version is what comes to my mind when someone talk about Superman, but I do think that the movie have it's merits, the Krypton part for example, it was really amazing.

Spectacular Member

That thing has zero chance to get past 6 episodes before cancellation

I liked Man of Steel, especially the Krypton prologue. It looks impressive, too. My only issue with it is yet another Superman property with a male protagonist. I'd much rather the main character here be a woman or, if another Superman related show had to be made, it be about something less male and sci-fi, like a show based on Gwenda Bond's Lois Lane novels. Nevertheless, I'll probably check this out. If I like it and if if has good reviews, I may become a loyal viewer. I'm not sure yet, though.

Fantastic Member

It looks decent. I'd give it a shot, but too bad I cut the cable cord last year.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Because... People have different tastes and stuff like this is objective? I'm as old school a fan as anyone and I enjoyed MOS and don't have this blinding hatred for DCEU that some seem to have. I'm not saying it didn't have it's faults, and after JL I would like to see someone other than Snyder at the helm,but I don't think DCEU Superman is beyond redemption. I happen to think it's version of KRYPTON is more interesting than most of the other live action versions and I don't mind it being explored.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I had honestly thought this would forever remain the comics internet equivalent of a bedtime fairy tale meant to frighten naughty children into being good; don't get complacent that DC's hit the bottom of the barrel with Superman, or the concept videos mocking Gotham had as a punchline to a string of absurd prequel ideas in a lessened form almost three years ago will become an abominable reality. But we got it. We got it. And along with the (admittedly pretty neat) bottle city, pretty much exactly what we could expect. Guys, it's the dad of the dad of the guy we actually care about! And he's a young sexy rebel who rebels and sexes in a CGI City with Jumpsuit People and mentions a - FORTRESS! Gosh! And wowie-zowie, was that the S-shield at the end? Did you pick up on that? Huh? Didja? Did that seem like it meant something? Could you tell that was a Superman thing, you guys?! This is totally a Superman thing! Didja get it? Huh? Did ya? Did ya?

But, y'know, god fucking forbid Tyler Hoechlin gets a Superman show.
    Buh-bye

While there's strong MoS influence, the S is missing its prominent MoS serif and has a different shape through the middle bar, so it's not the Snyderverse. In case that makes anyone feel better. :lol

This looked way, way better than I expected. As someone who has kind of overdosed on the Berlantiverse, I'm looking forward to something different. Will definitely give it a shot.

Too bad they didn't call it "The Secret World of Kryoton" as an old-school comics shoutout.